“Weird and wonderful”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$57.14*
and up
Private Tour: Istanbul Sightseeing Including Museum of Innocence, Pera Museum...
Ranked #37 of 1,033 things to do in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Orhan Pamuk tarafından yaratılan Masumiyet Müzesi yazarın aynı adlı romanında anlatılan günlük hayat eşyalarının hatıra ve anlamlarını gösteren titizlikle hazırlanmış enstalasyonlardan oluşan küçük bir İstanbul müzesidir.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Weird and wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My friend who I had travelled with was determined to visit this Museum - I wasn't so keen as I find the Pamuk's work hard work and depressing....however, once at the Museum, I didn't want to leave and immediately downloaded the book! Thoroughly absorbing and fascinating and like nothing I have ever seen before. My only tip would be to read the guide before you start and try and plan the half hour route to start with...only found it after being there for 2 hours and still only on the 1st floor! i

3 Thank Fairy234

• Turkish first
Berkeley, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Brings the book to life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Without reading the Museum of Innocence book first, this treasure of a museum invoking the sensibility and sensuality of Istanbul will be lost on you. It was a treat to do after reading the final chapter. Don't miss it and take your book with you so you don't have to pay the entrance fee!

1 Thank Dgoldblatt
New York
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“go if you've read the book”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I read the book and enjoyed it... tho' some critics have questioned if a book has to boring to convey boredom... so caveat emptor... My husband made it through about 60 pages. He got the concept, but didn't have the info I did. I enjoyed the museum immensely; he enjoyed it more than he thought, but not as much as I did. You have to be into the concepts - time, memory, collecting, obsession; autobiography or not? ironic or not? playing with us or not? ... Certainly the book and museum sparked many discussions between us. For that, to me, it's worth it. Plus at 25 TL, it's not an inexpensive museum. But one ticket is in the book - and that's worth it. It's a very beautiful and modern museum; the housing of the collection is clever and gorgeous.

3 Thank RomeTheSecondTime
Beirut, Lebanon
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“I got goose bumps”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Something in this place is magical. This museum is an open book, a living story and a unique experience. I bought the book after my visit, why not? You'll be reading a story that you already felt and experienced as if it was your own. Everyone will relate to this place or to some pieces maybe in it. You will not understand until you visit. Please go there!

Boston, MA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“interesting and attractive space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had not read the book, so I did not have a full appreciation of this museum. However, there was a lot of information available., and the displays were very attractive. I went there very soon after its opening, and found it on a fluke, because I was staying in the area. It is in a converted home. I thought that it was very expensive and the price should be reduced. I was there in December 2012 but that was not a choice available in the request asked below.

Visited May 2013