“Clean and comfortable”
Review of Grand Ons Hotel

Grand Ons Hotel
Ranked #932 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Your first contact in a hotel is with reception . Well how awful, very rude and ignorant , all had no customer skills at all . They simply could not be bothered even with Turkish speaking customers. Really should look at getting new staff especially reception. I will label him the bar man but I think he did everything was a very nice man always smiling and polite , nothing was to much trouble for him , he even came to our room to give my husband his change from our bar tab.
The room was cleaned every day which was nice, air conditioning was much needed and TV for my husband.
It was our wedding day on the Saturday and a friend flew in from Bodrum to discover they had no room for her despite booking, paying and having her receipt the awful reception told her they would put her in another hotel to our horror , this was not good enough as she was there for me and to help with our baby boy . After our wedding my husband had words with a different reception man and he magically got our friend a room 2 floors up , better than nothing.
I choose this hotel as it was close to my husbands work and central for all our needs. Biggest mistake of my life. Never again .
I also booked what I thought a double room with cot . What I got was 3 single beds 2 pushed together and a spare one . They got the cot right. Although the beds were very comfortable it would of been nice to have a double bed .

Room Tip: Don't bother going at all. Maybe OK for single travellers .
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank edwardsdebs

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is great. Close to all the sights and easy walking distance to the Grand Bazaar and tram. The rrom is comfortable and great for the solo traveller with 2 single beds and bathroom - renovated in recent years.
Flat screen TV and air con - always a bonus.
I recommend this hotel - great value for money.
Breakfast is also good as an inclusion and good views on the roof.

Room Tip: I have always been provided with a good room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jauntingbrisbane2
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Low low budget, but standard was better than expected. Clean and good service level. The area is full of buzz, but I´d still prefer to live on the other side of Istanbul if I´d ever choose to go to Istandbul again. The area was VERYconservative The area around the hotel was all kebabs and russian clothing stores....not very interesting. I´d pay more and live on the other side of the bridge next time.
The breakfast was not even worth eating.

Room Tip: Choose room away from street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2014

good location and very clean. Hospital staff and good room service. Breakfast is too poor but it is on the roof with a wonderful sea view.
A guy from the ushers was irritating, he insisted on ordering a mini bus for us while a taxi was enough for our group, we kept arguing with him and at the end ordered a mini bus (we wanted a taxi because it is enough and cheaper than mini bus). And once I asked him to check out from the room a little bid later and he refused and told me that other people are waiting while no one was waiting, I was 100% sure of this. However, other ushers are very hospital and kind unlike this man.

Room Tip: higher floors are newer and better
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We travelled 3 friends in Nov & got a triple room.
From the airport to the hotel we pre-booked a transfer (that went smooth)
The Aksaray area where the hotel is located has many en-gross clothing shops. Quite safe area, with many good & cheap restaurants

The hotel is good for a city-break. No thrills in the rooms, but clean. Towels provided, TV with a couple of international channels.
Location 3 tram stations from the Grand Bazaar, and 5 from the Blue Mosque - walking distance aprox. 20 - 25 min. very close from my point of view.

Very good breakfast on the hotel terrance facing the sea; sea-gulls would keeps us company every morning over coffee.

Very good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ney_spark
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Location of hotel is great. Walking distance to Topkapi palace, Aya Sophia, Grand bazar etc. Tramway/metro station very close.
Room was clean,comfortable for three of us.We were situated on fifth floor with view on the surrounding shops.We didn't spend much time inside the room so we didn't care about view.
Breakfast was fine. I did't have big expectations for price paid. It was the same every morning but still was enough food to feel full-fed.
Hotel staff was not impolite but they need improvements. I understand they work hard but guests like to get some smiles, greetings etc. which was not the case with the staff of this hotel. This is just intentioned criticism.
I would go again in the same hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Iky I
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I just returned from Istanbul, very satisfied with this small hotel. It's very clean, every day towels changing, hotel stuff friendly, free wi fi. Food for brekfast was also good. Only thing I didn't like is glass bathroom door... no privacy if you are with friend, like I was.
But, I would recommend this hotel, it's ok.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends