“Terrible customer service, decent food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Esmer Cafe

Esmer Cafe
Ranked #271 of 13,391 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Beyoglu
“Terrible customer service, decent food.”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We ate here in March 2014. I had the curry chicken and my wife had the spaghetti bolognese. The food was pretty good but the customer service was terrible. My food came 20 minutes after my wife's, and when we asked about the status of the food, we received a sarcastic response. The server was indifferent, bordering on rude. This was the worst customer service experience we had in Turkey.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bobflaco

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Stumbled upon a real treat in Esmer Cafe”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

While walking from the spice market back to the hotel I had two goals....decent non-greasy non-indigestion causing food And a clean bathroom. At 8.5 months pregnant, both were priorities. We walked by the very busy cafe and decided to give it a try. I'm so glad we did. It was a largely Italian menu with lots of salad options (also had plenty of non Italian and Turkish food available, but my neighboring table had pasta and I was set). The kitchen is open and we got to watch the chefs (Chef Esmer himself included) cook with flames and flair! The service was good, the prices were cheap, the food was a delicious break, dessert was to die for....all in all, we were happy diners! This was, in my opinion, a great lunch spot....I wouldn't go there for a "nice/romantic" dinner.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank LaurenLiz
Stamford, Connecticut
“Good food”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

When you've had enough of the local food, this is a nice place to eat at. We happened to stumble upon this lovely place while walking down from Taksim Square towards Galata Tower. Beautifully done up, welcoming staff, this place was a good change. Their portions are quite big. Do try the crispy chicken. It was DELICIOUS!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank TraveLovers2814
Cairo
“A decent restaurant in istikalk street.”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Good service, nice decoration & delicious food. I tried it twice during my one week visit.
it's in heart of Istiklal and the place to go when you need to take a break from fast food.
it'll cost like 20-30 TL for main dish and drink.
it's recommended to make a reservation (by phone or online) for their marvelous small terrace table overlooking Istiklal st. as it's only one table.
Also they have a small outdoor area.
Burger is Good

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank BBastawy
Istanbul, Turkey
“Haven't met mt expectations”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I had a light dinner here last night. It took a while to get an attention of the waiting stuff. During my dinner i dropped my knife to the floor a bit far from my table. I d expect first from him to bring me a new knife and then took the one i dropped. But he never brought me a new one. Didnt even bother to ask if i need one. Id not care if he was smily but looked also unhappy.

1 Thank Sam K