“The Best Indian In Istanbul”

Taj-Mahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #5,620 of 13,724 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Indian
Neighbourhood: Beyoglu
Neighbourhood: Beyoglu
istanbul
“The Best Indian In Istanbul”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I live in Istanbul and always head to the Taj Mahal when I need a curry fix. It is well located near the Tünel tram and is in a building that will be very nice when they have finished decorating (including great views of the Golden Horn from the top floor). The food is always good and not over priced like the few other Indian restaurants in Istanbul. I particularly recommend the Punjabi Kadi, a vegetarian curry with yoghurt from North India. It's so delicious I have problems ordering anything else :) Eating Indian in Istanbul is not the same as eating it in India or countries with big Indian populations. The food is a little tamed down to suit a Turkish palattte, but that said I would have no problems recommending this great restaurant!

• Visited August 2014

• Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
“Not bad”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Not the best but still not bad .. I believe it is not yet ready to receive customers . We ordered dall and it was very good. We ordered nan bread and that was good too . The parata bread was not good and the biryani was bad . The mango lassi was ok .. The pakora were ok . Not bad at all . If I had to I can eat there again but since it is in Taksim it means there are many other better options .

2 Thank Maryam A
Noida, India
“Good Indian cuisine in Istanbul”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were in Istanbul a few days back and being vegetarians were looking for traditional Indian food. We found this restaurant, very near to our Hotel in Seshane area. We ordered dum aloo and dal makhani. While the dishes were not cooked in quite the traditional way as they are done in India, they were quite tasty and we enjoyed the food. The naan was light and crisp and really heavenly. Will recommend the restaurant to anyone searching for getting Indian food in Istanbul.

• Visited May 2014