“I met an angel !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #568 of 1,014 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Liege, Belgium
“I met an angel !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Maria is the owner of the hotel with her husband. He is a gentleman and she is the perfection. Her english is also perfect and her face is so open with her good big eyes and permanant smile,and always ready to help the customers. The day of my arrival, she took my two luggages from the taxi for me and she showed me every shops around to buy bread or anything i could need for my room. Even she carried the heaviest bags with what i bought and left the lighter one for me to carry !!!!! She was patient. The next day late in the evening, i was lost and she took me with her husband to bring me back to the hotel ! who would do that nowaday ? nobody ! that is why i said that she is an angel. The studio is totally complete with tv, refrigirator, micro wave, water electric cooker, aircon etc .... i had to smile because in Belgium, i rent same studios for the students and i was really feeling me as home there .... The day of my departure ( i was with my daughter), she called a taxi and gave us a sovenir to fix on our refrigirators when home ! Thank you Maria for everything !! thank you too for your beloved husband and your helper student who can speak also very good english and helped us to find a bank and an hammam ............

Room Tip: i was in the ground floor. no noise at all . Even my room was in front. The street is quiet and ther...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Christian M
Maria M, Owner at Nicoleport Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Dear Christian,
You have a golden heart. Thank you.
We have done something natural. I'm sure you will do that in the same situation.
Your words reminded me of a beautiful poem from "Sa'adi":

"The children of humanity are each others limbs"

"That shares an origin in their creator"

"When one limb passes its days in pain"

"The other limbs can not remain easy"

"You who feel no pain at the suffering of others"

"It is not fitting you be called human"

Take care and good luck in your business.

Maria

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Czech first
Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights together with my Mom and it was absolutely the right thing for us. Central, very helpful people and super clean. We enjoyed the roof terrace and the local market directly around the corner as well as the super kind baker. It's a perfekt spot for all travellers, who doesn't like to be surrounded by all the tourists and would like to get to know a bit more of the city and its inhabitants than the sightseeing. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Maria M, Manager at Nicoleport Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Dear Evelyne,
Thank you for putting time on writing about our place. You are also one of the nicest guests in our hotel. We miss you and your kind mum.
Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

I was about to give up looking for places to stay in Istanbul as I was looking for a place the very night, but I called Nicoleport they were so kind to find me and my brother a room. I knew that the hotel was close to Taksim but I did not expect it that close. It took us only 5 minutes to walk from the hotel to the Istiklal Street.
Besides the location, the owner and his wife, Maria, were so kind. They increadibly helpful. As we were in Istanbul for an exam, they made sure that we would be there at the right time.
The rooms were clean as big. I had the opportunity to put drinks into the fridge. The bathroom was okay, too.
One of the things I loved was the terrace where you had a good view. Me and my brother met new people up there.
I had a great time and recommend everyone to stay there, too.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Maria M, Owner at Nicoleport Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Dear Nese,
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and your kind review.
Hope you and your brother are successful in all aspects of your life.
Cheers
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed here with my husband for 3 nights in May 2013. Arrived in Taksim tired from travelling and being 7 months pregnant. Struggled to find the hotel however the owner kindly came to find us and took us to the accommodation. Ideally located for exploring Istanbul. Beautifully presented rooms for a great price. Owners are extremely accommodating and speak very good English - always on hand for any help / advice you may need. Would definitely recommend to others and would look to book again in the future.

Room Tip: Steep hill to hotel and stairway to rooms is steep. Request lower floor room should you have difficu...
Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Gemma A
Maria M, Owner at Nicoleport Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Gemma,
Thanks so much for your incentive review and the tip about the hilly streets. Actually Istanbul is located on seven hills, so it will be safer if the travelers wear a pair of comfortable shoes or sneakers.
You are right, our hotel does not have elevator. We try our best to accommodate children, pregnant ladies or elderly people in lower floors. It would be great if the guests inform us about the floor that they prefer to stay and we will arrange that before their arrival. However our hotel has only 4 floors and we have a nice terrace on the top floor that worth's to visit .

At the end we hope your baby will be as beautiful as her/his kind parents.

Best
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

Words really cannot describe the wonderful experience I had staying as a guest at Nicoleport...and I was actually made to feel more like family than a guest.
What's good about it ?
Maria and Ferruh could not have been more gracious hosts with pure hearts. My stay was for almost 3 weeks and I encountered many other guests come and go.. .
- the owners, are the sweetest you can find; they'll help you getting to know the neighborhood, and provide tips of good restaurants, shops and things to do in the areas.
-The hotel itself is lovely and scenic; it has a lovely terrace where you can eat and/or chill.
-The rooms are extremely spacious and clean.
-It is beautifully located a few minutes away from Istiklal street.
Nicoleport was like our home away from home in Istanbul. Ferruh, Maria and Barna are wonderful hosts. If you are looking for a positive atmosphere in Istanbul..this is the place for you!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Andrealli Z
Maria M, Owner at Nicoleport Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Thanks for your nice review. Actually we miss you like a family member. Remember you have a home in Istanbul.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

We stayed here for a weekend Istanbul trip and had a fabulous time. The location was perfect for walking to all attractions(public transport also at hand if we didn't want to walk!) and Maria was always available to help with directions and general tourist information. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. To get to the hotel we took the havatas bus from ataturk airport to Taksim square (10 Lira) then walked to the hotel-very easy. We would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jolukass
Maria M, Manager at Nicoleport Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Dear Jolukass,
Thanks for your nice comment. Actually it is your beautiful soul that made our hotel pleasant. :)
Hope to see you again in very near future.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

This is a beautiful hotel in a good location for exploring the town (5 minutes by foot to famous Istiklal street) run by lovely people Maria and her husband. The owners were always very helpful and friendly. Lovely place to stay with nice rooms. Beds are extremely comfortable for a great night's sleep! Recommended!
P.s.We had no difficulties in finding the hotel as our taxi driver called Maria by phone, and she explained to him in detail how to find the hotel. So all was ok!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Maria M, Owner at Nicoleport Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Thanks so much for sparing time on wrting about our hotel. You are always welcomed to our place.