“An absolute rip off. I regret going. £55 for a cheap small mixed grill and £20 for water and one diet Pepsi and yoghurt”

The Han Kebap House
Ranked #5,767 of 13,539 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Goodness me I'm not tight fisted but this place is really something else. The waiters are passive aggressive the food mediocre and tasted worse than your average UK takeaway. The price for what you get is ridiculous. People who have rated it well God knows they must be gullible. I have dined in places all around the world and even been to turkey before and now am kicking myself for falling into the ultimate tourist trap.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toa Payoh, null, Singapore
“Poor Communication and Expensive”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

When i asked about some menu items, they dont know how to explain and they just say something.
They dont have spicy salad(which i found in other restaurants, when i asked for that the reply was "we can make normal salad as spicy".

Only restaurant which charged me with 12.5% service tax, I didn't see like this in any other places where I eat.
Pan cakes are just OK, not that good.

• Visited May 2014
Las Vegas, NV
“Only place in Istanbul I didn't like”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped at this place for lunch and ordered a stuffed pancake and a mixed grill platter for 2 and our bill was over 200£! On top of that the waiter "reminded" us to leave him a tip when handing us the bill, which was very tacky. The food was bland and meat was dry. This is a total tourist trap. Avoid it and get a better and cheaper meal elsewhere!

Toronto, Canada
“Expensive, but original”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The lady in the window working the dough is quite an attraction. Also the interior is tastefully decorated in traditional Anatoli an style. The menu is very limited and fast-food-ish, but we tried three different dishes and they were all fine. And, of course, we tried the house-made pancakes.

Of course, being at the foot of Topkapi Palace (just follow a narrow stone-paved lane to your right after you exit Topkapi for 7-8min.) it IS an overpriced turist trap. But then, they managed to add some value to that, and make an authentic experience.

• Visited May 2014
Warwick, United Kingdom
“cheats”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The restaurant looks good from outside and it attracts people by seeing the cusion's and lady doing the nan's. But the prices very too high. we were fooled by bringing the same dish in a pot with double charge.

There are much better restaurants out there.

• Visited April 2014