“Truly a Home in Istanbul” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Dilhayat Kalfa Hotel
Ranked #61 of 1,012 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Truly a Home in Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I am truly grateful to the staff of Dilhayat Kalfa for making my stay in Istanbul wonderful. I planned on staying at the Dilhayat Kalfa when I realized I would have a full-day layover in Istanbul. I knew from the map it had a great location, and from the reviews that the rooms and the staff are excellent. What I experienced firsthand was how exceptional this hotel truly is. And it could not have come at a better time for me: I arrived into Istanbul only to learn my luggage never boarded my flight way back in Johannesburg! The airlines informed me it would take days for the bag to be reunited with me. This is where the staff of Dilhayat Kalfa really came through. First, they had their driver wait for me at arrivals clear until I finished sorting out the paperwork with the airlines. Even though I didn't have the bag, my hotel was still waiting for me. That was a huge relief. Then when I arrived, Ilham, who works the front desk, welcomed me with a smile and offered to help. He prepared me breakfast on the beautiful rootop veranda when I was ready, and he helped me plan out how I could get everything into the day I had. He told me to see this as my home in Istanbul, and went out of his way to make me feel welcome there. The rooms are excellent, so you can truly see it as being as good as your home! And when it came time for me to vacate the room, they generously offered to let me stay until I returned to the airport for my onward flight. I thank Dilhayat Kalfa for everything they did to make my stay in Istanbul a wonderful experience. I believe that there is no finer group of hosts you could have for your stay in Istanbul than the staff here.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Following a two-week small-group OAT tour, my wife and I stayed here for six nights. It was perfect. Hami, the desk clerk, said we should regard it as our home while we were in Istanbul, and that it was just how we felt about it. He told us that we had been given the best room, and indeed it was from what we could see of the other rooms. It was the most spacious room we had during our three-week visit to Turkey which included more expensive hotels. This hotel is perfectly situated on a quiet street between the Blue Mosque and the Bosporous. It is close to the tram station at Sultanahmet and a short walk to many sites. The breakfasts were excellent, the bed was comfortable, the shower and AC were first-rate and the staff friendly, helpful and English-speaking. We arranged through the hotel to be met at the airport by a transfer service which was well worth the cost. We recommend this hotel without reservation.

Room Tip: Room 15 was in the front of the hotel and most spacious. Other rooms we saw were smaller but are f...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

I want to thank Dilhayat Kalfa Hotel for a great few days in Istanbul. We enjoyed the personalized service that was provided by this boutique hotel. We arrived late in the evening after having some communication issues regarding our hotel transfer. The hotel manager took care of this issue immediately. We knew after this experience we would be well cared for. We were unexpectedly upgraded to the suite room for part of our stay which was a very nice treat. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed. Breakfast on the terrace is charming and relaxing. There was a nice range of traditional Turkish breakfast cold dishes. We enjoyed the close location to the Blue Mosque/Hagia Sophia/tram stop. It is a very easy walk (though partially uphill if that is an issue). This location made it very easy and relaxing for us to walk around the mosque area at night (a must do!). Overall a great choice for a more personalized experience in a very bustling city!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dorset, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

Stayed in this hotel 22-25 April this year, excellent choice close to the Blue Mosque. The hotel has only been open for a few months,so the rooms and public areas are in superb condition. We stayed in room 17 located at rear of hotel small but very comfortable,this was a standard room but the facilities were of an high standard,excellent shower/bathroom clean and fluffy towels changed every day including bath robes, very comfortable bed and quality bedding. breakfast was on top terrace giving nice views over rooftops to the Blue Mosque and the Bosporus, Turkish breakfast and efficient staff. The hotel public rooms had great decor,paintings, Turkish furniture very impressive. The hotel managers, day/night were very helpful and friendly. This quiet location is walking distance, 5 mins to Mosque etc to the tourist attractions in the Sultanhamet area, some steep streets, not good for disabled. Many eating places around the hotel including a bazaar. We enjoyed our short visit and the metro/tram from/to Ataturk airport was cheap and efficient.We would recommend this hotel to anybody visiting this busy vibrant city.
This small boutique has only six rooms, the suites look good too, so booking is essential. Great place.

Room Tip: Book early, depending on your budget standard double excellent value.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed here for 8 nights per previous reviews and wouldn't regret a thing. The 6-room hotel is a little difficult to find, but once you've found it, you're good to go. We stayed in Room 15 which was nicely setup, spacious and with modern decoration and air-conditioning. Breakfast was served on the upper floor with access to the rooftop terrace, which was a pleasant escape from the hustle and bustle of a busy day. The views from the roof are pretty amazing - the Bosphorus to one side and a bit of the blue mosque on the other. The hotel is located in the old city and is about a 10 minute walk to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace and Gardens. The price is a bit expensive, but you are getting what you pay for - the breakfast is cold, but well stocked and the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights on a brief stopover in Istanbul. We found the hotel to be clean tidy and welcoming. We stayed in the suit although this was not what we booked we were given this on arrival. Unfortunately if we wanted to to stay In this room we had to pay extra and on seeing the size of the the room we would be moving to decided to pay the extra.

Having said that it was lovely and would probably book this if we returned . The staff were very helpful telling us about trips etc. we did not book any as we were only there for a couple of days decided to our own thing.

Breakfast was good the morning I we had it unfortunately we left early on the last morning before breakfast. It would have been nice to be offered at least some toast or pastry before leaving like a previous guest who was offered breakfast. Consistency would be good for all guests.

The city is easy to get around and the trams are reasonable and are every few minutes .

We would really recommend this hotel and thank you for our stay

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay over Easter 2013. Very friendly service, in a wonderful location so close to the major sites. Sure its 20-25 mins walking and on the tram to Galata Bridge and the sites on that side of the water but when you see the traffic in Istanbul you'll realise that is no time at all!

We had room 16 which was amazing. Great nights sleep, modern facilities. Rooftop breakfast also a highlight. The nearby restaurant is 'interesting' but the food is worth the effort.

All in all very pleased. Dilhayat really made our stay in Istanbul that much more special.

• Stayed March 2013