“Great location, convenient, and great comfort”
Review of Aprilis Hotel

Aprilis Hotel
Ranked #229 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Doha, Qatar
“Great location, convenient, and great comfort”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great location! Walking distance to all the historic areas, grand bazaar. Lots of restaurants nearby that you don't have to worry on where to get food. The hotel staff are so friendly and helpful. They provide you info on exploring the areas around. We were overwhelmed with the kindness and generosity of the front office Manager - Mr. Gurkon, We enjoyed our stay and we definitely will come back. Our utmost appreciation to Mr. Gurkon. Tesekkur!!

Room Tip: Seaview room is fantastic!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Juraini
Ercan Y, Yönetici at Aprilis Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Juraini,

First of all thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in Aprilis Hotel.We are very delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services...

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Aprilis Hotel in the near future..

Best Regards,

Ercan YALCIN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We are 2 weeks in on our 3 week vacation and so far this hotel surprised me the most. With generally glowing reviews here on tripadvisor I had fairly high expectations. I should point out I'm generally easy to please.

First, when we arrived to check-in the man at the check-in desk was not very welcoming and told me to sit and wait. And wait, and wait, and wait. I actually left my husband in the lobby and went out looking for something to eat. One plus here is the location. It is a close walk to everything, and some great places to eat are only a short walk away. So by the time I got back they were finally checked in. Not a big deal to me, but it just added to the whole negative experience that the furniture in the lobby was very old and dated.

When I got up to the room the first two things I noticed were the extremely dirty carpet, and musty smell. I can live with dated furniture, but I can't live with a filthy room. My husband actually took a picture of all the dirt he collected just by wiping his shoe like a broom on the carpet. When I get back hopefully I can add that to the review.

We had a room with a large double, and two twin beds. The size was perfect for our family, and the separate beds for the kids were much appreciated by everyone. The bathroom was pretty clean (thank God) and well stocked. We also appreciated the complimentary slippers.

Beds were generally comfortable, and I did have a good night's rest. Bedding was old, and my pillowcases even had several holes in them, but wifi connection was strong.

Now keep in mind this is coming from a North American palate, but breakfast was passible at best. Mostly the typical turkish breakfast items of cheese, cold meats, olives and bread. Some dry looking eggs, and french fries, and a different type of cake everyday. I wish they had more fruit on offering, but usually it was just some grapes or apples. We opted for bananas from the A101 store across the street. By the way, get your water here! 1.5 litres was only about 0.45 lira (or kurush I guess) -- about 1/5 the price elsewhere!

We found service poor, minus the few helpful employees. Diyaar (?) was friendly and helpful both at breakfast and the sauna. The man at the front desk for whatever reason was not friendly toward us (but I did notice he was toward others).

Great location, but not much else going for it. I'm glad others had a better experience than we did, but I still gotta tell it like it was for us. Originally I planned to stay at the Best Western Antea, but switched to Aprilis since the location was slightly better. I think I made the wrong choice this time, plus the Best Western had a small indoor pool (which seems to be hard to find in Istanbul hotels). Anyhow, I would never stay here again if in Istanbul. There are many choices in Istanbul, and personally I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TOtravlr
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

In May for two nights we stayed at the Aprilis Hotel Istanbul, from the moment we arrived until the day we left the staff were excellent providing advise on where to go where to shop and recommending tours.

The hotel was ideally situated for us enabling us to visit the Grand Bazaar , and the Blue Mosc - ? both within easy walking distance.
The hotel was nice and clean and the rooms spacious.
Would use again if going to Istanbul

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Stay during a business trip. Good room. Nice staff speakind English. Good breakfast. Very good located in midle of old city. Good bed. Good lavatory. Generaly no complain. Goos free wifi. Worth each cent.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Ercan Y, Yönetici at Aprilis Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Okor,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback.We was delighted to read that you had positive thoughts about our hotel and your stay...

We look forward to welcoming you back soon...

Best Regards,

Minato, Japan
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel was perfectly situated to see all of Istanbul's highlights. The Blue Mosque is a ston'e throw away,while a walk to the Egyptian market will take onl 10-15 mins. The personnel were professional and friendly.Especially reception staff ERCAN very gentleman,helpful also he is very handsome:) The rooms were clean.Turkish tea and Turkish delights were provided on arrival! Plus ;the breakfast,sauna,free wi-fi,sauna,fitness included in the price.We want come back as soon possible...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jiang,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share these good comments.We are so happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.We was delighted to read that you had positive thoughts about our hotel and your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Aprilis Hotel in the near future...

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It is very nice city, it was my first time being in Istanbul
staying in Aprilis Hotel at sultan Ahmed was very nice and ad new experience
Mr. Gurkan at front desk of the hotel was a very gentle, cooperative and helpful, giving a god impression of Turkey Society

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Aleemshear,

Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Hotel is in the best location in the old town, near by Grand Batar and Blue Mosque, Aja Sofia... Room was very comfortable and clean. The staff was great and very helpful.
Thanx to Ercan, he was very kind and helpful.
It Was excellent holiday!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Haris,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and nice comments.It is so appreciated by us that you had told honestly all details about your holiday and stay.We was delighted to read that you had positive thoughts about our hotel and your stay...

We look forward to welcoming you back soon...