“Genuine hospitality in a first-class location”

Sultan Corner Hotel
Ranked #26 of 1,081 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 May 2014

If you're looking for a warm and genuine place to stay in an unbeatable location, Sultan Corner comes highly recommended. After four nights (there were three of us staying), we left feeling as if we had made friends. MK, Jim Bom, Mohammad and the team could not have done more to make us feel relaxed and welcome - always greeting us with a smile and easy conversation, and there was plenty of laughter along the way. The restaurant is excellent, the rooms are clean (we loved the ornate bathrooms) and the mint tea (fresh mint, lemon and honey) is a must-have - very refreshing after pounding the streets and visiting the sights all day! Thanks, guys, for such a great stay :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GloooGreen

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My friends and I (4 in total) stayed in one of the suites. The room was very spacious and the beds very confortable, except for maybe the sofa bed. The bathroom was small but everything worked well. The owner was really kind with us and gave us a lot of advice on what to do and see. When we got there we were surprised not to be welcomed in a reception area but rather inside a restaurant, but it didn't really bother us that much. Because the restaurant is part of the hotel we were offered a 15% discount on the dinner which was really great. The food was delicious and the dishes quie big for one serving. The only thing I'd improve would be the breakfast offering - it was quite scarce, with very few options to choose from. The location is amazing, at a walking distance to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, and there was also a mini bazaar round the corner where we did our last minute shopping before leaving. The only bad thing about being behind the Blue Mosque though, is that wou will be woken up every day at 5 am during morning prayers. Nobody had really warned us of this so the first morning was quite shocking. By the third night we had already gotten used to it, but if you're a light sleeper maybe this hotel is not really for you. Staff, along with the owner, really try their best to help you out, but unfortunately not everybody speaks English, making communicating a bit hard sometimes. But the owner speaks excellent English (having lived in the States for 17 years) so for anything, just look out for him. I definitely recommend this hotel if you're planning a short weekend trip to Istanbul.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Loved our stay at this hotel very close to the Blue Mosque and everything is near. A great experience hearing the Azaan in the mornings the staff are very helpful special thanks to Mohammad and Maummer ☺

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Wacar
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The location is very central, just behind the Blue Mosque, which has pros and cons. You are very close to the major sightseeing but you get all main square's traffic passing outside your window during the day and the praying imam (priest) from the mosque in your ears at 5 am!! It's a clean place, we got a spacious new room, with abundance of amenities. Actually they don't need to give us everyday new slippers - I would prefer more items in the breakfast, like fresh juice.
There is no proper reception. There is a restaurant (same owner) on the ground floor where you have breakfast and you can ask questions and get what you need, but you have to go up and down 2 flights of stairs everytime since there is no telephone in the room! The service was flexible but not professional. They gave us a new room with no refridgerator (we asked for it) and safebox but during the 1st night we discovered that one of the beds was not well fixed and folded and my son had to sleep on the floor. We had an accident with the glass door of the shower that fell down and broke into hundreds of pieces during our sleeping time - Thank God! The owner had to finish his construction outside our window during our nap time and was not willing to stop - then he became really rude and told us we can change hotel if bothered! The breakfast was not of consistent quality and quantity and with few basic things. Staff were not bad - tried to be polite but few could understand English. They try to pretend offering 4-star service but they need to be more professional and friendly and not get agressive with customers who pay such high prices.

Room Tip: Front rooms are noisy from street, back rooms look onto backyard. In all rooms you get up at 5 am wh...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ploutis
Sultan Corner H, Yönetici at Sultan Corner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear AGNI FOSCOLOU,
First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to write a long review.
I would like to take this opportunity to reply to some of your concerns.
Breakfast; we offer an open breakfast with more than 20 different foods (unlike continental breakfast which is just a few items) and we have never had any complaints. The fresh juice is available as an option but it is at extra cost.
Room details: I did mention to you that you would be our first guest in this newly renovated room and we would immediately provide anything you needed. The refrigerator and the safe box were provided within minutes of your request.
Phones in the rooms: we have never claimed to have a phone in the room and we do not plan to have them because the rooms are located right above our restaurant and this has never a problem either.
The folding bed: We had put 5 beds ( 1 double and 2 singles ) in your room and we were not made aware of this issue until after the fact, and when you told us we fixed it immediately. Your son could have slept on the additional couch which you preferred to use for your luggage. (the room does have a spacious area for the clothes by the way )
The broken shower glass: I completely agree we are all very fortunate no one was hurt when the shower glass door shattered but I am still not sure how it was broken in your room by itself. I could have requested a damage fee but I took your word it and immediately fixed it. As a matter of fact, I had all the glass showers replaced with plexi-glass because we would not want to take the slightest chance.

Construction : You were aware of the construction because it was going on when you checked in and there is no way you could not have it as the whole side of the building was being covered with wood panels. I must admit I am embarrassed of my behavior when I lost my cool but I was taken aback when you started yelling at me and would not stop. I did not tell you to leave; I offered you a 100% refund or find you an alternative accomodation if you would be more comfortable. That is when you stopped yelling at me and asked me if I could stop/pause the construction until after you take your nap. The work takes place only during the day (between 9 to 17) and they were about to be done soon. So, per your request, I agreed and I did stop the work for the rest of the day (which caused a 3 day delay due the rain in the subsequent days)
I am also surprised how quick you are to call me very rude but fail to mention how many times my staff and I went out of way to provide your family with a discount for all services and I personally helped you with your sightseeing plans. It is true that I should/could have behaved better but I reacted when you literally started yelling at me as if I am one of your children. ( I am not ) I promise I will work on my behavior but I suggest you do the same.

the praying imam (priest) from the mosque in your ears at 5 am!! – Honestly, I am speechless on this one and now even sure how to respond. Allow me to remind you that Turkey is a muslim country where we hear ezan 5 times a day as call to prayers. I take pride our hotel is only 2 minutes away from the Blue Mosque ( Sultanahmet Mosque ) where many people pay premium to be close to.
What were you really expecting ? That we would somehow stop our religion or stop our ezan for your comfort ?
As a possible solution for our other guests who may very unlikely be bothered by our ezan, I will provide ear plugs.
Once again, I sincerely wish you had better experience in our country. Perhaps next time when you can spend more of your energy to see the better parts of life we offer.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Three of us were traveling together and stayed in one of their suites for four nights. Very spacious room with a refrigerator, sink and hot plate. The bathroom was amazing with beautiful tile throughout. Great location and wonderful staff. The breakfast was very good, and you can even order an omelette if you want. The price for the room was very reasonable and well worth it! There is a restaurant on site but we did not eat there. Kinda wished we had. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kelbro1960
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed at Sultan Kösesi for almost a week (March 2014) & it was absolutely perfect! Hotel is so cosy & greatly located just near the Blue Mosque!!! All the tourist attractions are on walking distance location! It is perfect for those who want to save their time observing historical sites of The Old City.
Rooms are really nice and spacious, decorated in a traditional turkish style. But the most valuable is that real family atmosphere!!! Helpful, friendly and kind staff, managed by Muammer Kaya, (really attentive man with a good sense of humour & usefull advices!) make you feel like special guests in a family house, not a hotel:). And, of course, excellent food in a'la carte restaurant. Everything we tried was so delicious, fresh & cooked with love!!!)))
Muammer Kaya organised transferes from/to the Airport, advised special activities & events to see, & also made a lovely surprise for my Mom's Birthday! All the personnel impressed us so much! Thank You, Guys!
We really recommend this Hotel and Restaurant!!! Perfect place to stay in the heart of Istanbul!!!

*****и по-русски))):
Sultan Corner Hotel - замечательное место, в которое возвращаешься с удовольствием после долгих прогулок по Стамбулу! С первых минут начинаешь чувствовать себя в семейном кругу, владелец отеля Муаммар Кайя очень радушно встретил нас, познакомил со всем персоналом, нас сопроводили в номер, помогли с багажем, трансферы также организовывал Муаммар). Среди персонала оказалась русскоговорящая Ниночка, улыбчивый и открытый человечек, она убирала в номере и ежедневно
приносила родниковую воду, принадлежности для ванной, свежие полотенца. Муаммар давал дельные советы по досугу в Стамбуле, бронировал места на выбранные мероприятия со скидками,ежедневно радовал беседами и шутками). Завтраки хороши, продукты всегда свежайшие, по просьбе готовят чудесный омлет по-турецки, свежевыжатые соки (гранатовый - просто восхитительный!!!), постояльцам предоставляется скидка на все меню в ресторане! Кухня очень порадовала!!! Потрясающее мясо, морепродукты, национальные десерты! В день рождения моей мамочки Муаммар вместе со всем персоналом с песнями и аплодисментами внесли тортик, сделанный на заказ, чем привели нас в восторг!!! Вообще настоящая семейная атмосфера - дело очень редкое и позитивное, половина впечатлений от Стамбула - это прекрасные люди в этом отелe!!!
Отель очень уютный, номера оформлены в оттоманском стиле, все очень автономно, можно самим регулировать отопление, освещение. Расположение чудесное. Это действительно за углом от Голубой мечети!!! Район тихий и безопасный, с приличными магазинчиками, без стихийной торговли и лишнего гвалта под окнами. Все достопримечательности - в пешей доступности!
Уезжать очень не хотелось! Весь персонал вышел проводить нас и попрощаться! Мы определенно не прогадали, выбрав это место! Вернемся сюда непременно и всем друзьям будем рекомендовать! Море позитива и чудесных впечатлений!!!! Спасибо!

Room Tip: В отеле есть маленькие номера на двоих и 3 семейных просторных номера (Super Suites). Мы жили в номе...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Anastasiya1
Reviewed 24 February 2014

First of all the location and the staff were both great! The hotel' s team was very helpful and we want to thank them. Expecialy to Ugur! The apartment was big, very beautiful, in Ottoman style. The location was perfect. Close to Blue Mosque, to the Hagia Sophia, the tram station, the Arasta Bazar. Breakfast was good, also the wi-fi. Go there and you will no regret! We will definitly return!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family