All reviews rooms are basic hagia sofia blue mosque murat facilities
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

My Son and I visited Istanbul twice the past week. We ended up staying at Antique Hippodrome hotel both times. The rooms are basic but absolutely clean and de beds are good. The location of the hotel is nice, there are some restaurants and shops but the people in the area are not pressuring to get you inside. It's a 5 minute walk to sultanahmet station from where you can easily get to all of Istanbul. And off course the most important sites ( Hippodrome/ Hagia Sophia/ bassilica Cisterne/Grand bazar/etcetera) are on your doorstep!

Now these are just basic things you need to know before booking a hotel. More important in my opinion is 'does your hotel feel like a home, a place you can wind down from the hussle and bussle of the big city Istanbul obviously is?' Absolutely!

Murat and his staff made us feel at home in his restaurant. My favorite tea was specially purchased for me and they were very considerate regarding my sons allergies! When going out one day they gave us an umbrella because shop owners could easily take advantage of the rain and would sell us one at an obscene price.
Whatever question I had was answered which lead to some meaningful conversations that were very educational. Thank you for that Murat, I've learned many new things about Turkey, Istanbul and the Turkish people!
It are these little things that count, they make your stay unforgettable, see u soon Murat we'll definitely be back!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank anashavantooren
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights & everything spotlessly clean & staff & management were very helpful! Food in the restaurant downstairs was great too! The location is perfectly central for getting around & seeing the sites & will definitely come & stay again to see the bits we missed! Thanks guys

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank Herlisa
Reviewed 8 December 2015

I stayed here in the beginning of December when the street in front of the building while arriving looked like a fairy-tale with all seasonal decorative lights and Christmas tree in front of the place, side by side with the cosy restaurant, which also belongs to the same very likable owner. The location is superb, situating in the heart of Sultanahmet, being close to the most of historical and cultural places. The place is very pleasant, clean, calm and secure with good price and decent room-service (çok güzel!:)). Every time I returned to the room, I was positively surprised by an unique decoration on my bedcover that the lady had made. It always made me smile. The entire service by everybody involved was very good. I would definitely recommend this place for accommodation while staying in Istanbul. For me it left a very good impression from the first moment till leaving and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

Room Tip: I would recommend to communicate with the owner, you definitely will get an honest answer and reference.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2015

very good location at the middle of the centre of Istanbul. A comfortable room for a good (low) price.
The room was clean and there was an opportunity to have dinner in the restaurant of the appartment.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed here on and off for over a week while visiting other parts of Turkey, The owner was super helpful very friendly and went above to help us out for anything we needed.
Ideal spot to stay to see all the main places in Istanbul only 2min walk up the road to Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and the Sultanahmet square.
Be sure to have dinner downstairs at the restaurant superb food, amazing service, biggest coffees and teas you will get!
We will definitely stay here again next time we are in Turkey. Thank you again !

Kathleen and Sam