“Very good option but lack of information about city´s services”

Tempo Hotel 4 Levent
Ranked #1,013 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Very good option but lack of information about city´s services”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Although at the end of our stay, the staff was not helpful giving us information about airport transfers, the rest of our stay was good.

I am not sure if they have non-smoking rooms because we were in a very nice, clean room but with cigarette smell. Maybe there are some other non-smoking options but it did not bother us; ask if this is an issue for you before booking, at least all 3rd floor has cigarette smell everywhere.

The breakfast was normal, service ok but nothing to highlight.

The last day we tried to receive some information about the transfer options to go to the airport but the staff wasn´t too willing to help us. They told us not to know about it and take a taxi, it was kind of disappointed because I was not expecting that they offered me the service but at least provided the necessary information, the hotel is really far from the city center so there are not buses or travel agencies around to go and ask. At the end we had to look by ourselves through internet. Tip: arrange your airport transfer while you are visiting the city center or go to Taksim to take the public bus (taxi could cost a fortune)

About the location, if you decide to walk from the metro to the hotel (or viceversa) go through the main street named Sultan Selim Cd, because if you try to cut your way going through the small streets you will find up and down streets. At least, the main street is more “friendly” to walk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Snoww2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Sandbach, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel is on a shopping street in the middle of a residential area. I had been advised to book the Movenpick but it was silly money and this was close by. And I was not disappointed. The staff were super-friendly and there was always one team member on duty who spoke English. The breakfast was simple but good and the room comfortable and clean. The wifi was fast and free.

My only problem was, on one night, when my heating failed. The temperature reached 30 degrees in my room and the staff could not fix it and the engineer had gone home. So they told me there was nothing they could do. I wonder what would have happened had there been a water leak? would they have left that until the morning? My point is, they decided is was not important enough to do anything about it immediately and I don't think that is right.

Bear in mind also, if you are using the Metro, that it is 25 minutes walk. That didn't bother me but it might be a problem for some.

Apart from the heating issue, I would have scored 5 out of 5.

2 Thank Jon B
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is my first time to write a comment to thank the employees's service were really best service I ever had recent trips.
From the arrival to Hotel Ms. Mehen greet me with happy smile & warm welcoming.
I felt like a home. and Mr. Murat was giving me great customer services.
I really enjoyed stay & I will definitely come again.
Even room was very nice & price was reasonable and feel very comfortable.
Two thumbs up.

Thank you Mehen & Murat, once again.

Johnny

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

This hotel has been a great good and very welcome surprise, all in a positive sense.
Although I arrived Istanbul in the middle of the night I got an excellent reception. A kind and smiling nice lady named Gizem handled my check-in procedure in a very quick and efficient way.
I was starving and had no hope to eat anything at that time of the night but, guess what, together with bell boy Murat they had been able to organize for me, right in the middle of the night, a delicious turkish kebab and a drink: more that what I could hope.
In the morning I had an excellent assistance by the morning crew made out by Sinan and Tayfun for whatever I needed such as general info, wi-fi, Internet, breakfast, details, etc.
So, I can only compliment the whole team Sinan and Tayfun as receptionists, together with Gizem, and Murat as bell-boy, and recommend with no hesitation this nice small hotel which offer a great value price combination.

Room Tip: In reality all rooms are good. In case your room would overlook the main street it will be enough to...
1 Thank Liborio N
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

The place is really amazing, staff were helpful spicily Mr. Sinan & Miss Gizam, the service is grate, room was clean & nice decorated, breakfast experience was the best in my life.
Finally; in this place I feel home

• Stayed September 2013
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

i ve stayed 4levent tempo hotel last august..it was great experience for me ..before go to istanbul i had doubts because of demostration..hotel quite far from taksim.. also i had doubts about hotel..but when i got the hotel my opinion completely change..hotel was great..hotel staff are very kind and helpful.especially sinan was so kind, helpful and gentleman..he helps all the time with the smile.he showed me easy ways in istanbul..how to get mall, clubs.he s the one receptionist i ever seen..also bellboys murat and can was very kind..thank for everything.if i back istanbul again exactly i will stay in 4 levent tempo hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank santiago893
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

i love this hotel.every one is cool.reception person sinan he never treat like coustmer.he alwas treat like a friend.he is most good human being.he also take care of every body.if i will come in turkey i will always stay in tempo hotel espically tempo hotel4.levent.because on sinan .i always eat vegetrain but sinan alyas arrange vegetrain food for me .he take good care of every body.good person sinan

• Stayed September 2013