“Nice place, but not the best in Istanbul” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shadow Cafe & Restaurant

Shadow Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 13,378 Restaurants in Istanbul
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Description: We are located right in the heart of old Istanbul, Sultanahmet. We are just 2 streets away from the Blue Mosque and walking distance to all major attractions in Istanbul. We offer high quality food from our qualified chef. And always give outstanding service. You will enjoy our Ottoman Turkish cuisine.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Nice place, but not the best in Istanbul”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I read on TA about this restaurant, and since it was across the street from our hotel, figured why not!! The food was really good, but no better than anything else I have had in Istanbul in my three trips there. The service was really good as well, but they didn't entertain much for us. They did bring a bottle of wine to the table using his head, which was cool.

I found the prices a little high (but I think ALL of Istanbul over charges for their food), but the portion was good.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great place for dinner... But I just think it is just like every other streetside eatery in Istanbul.

• Visited May 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Sensational employees”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had a very good time at this restaurant, starting with the food and the employees, also, especialy GINO! He took care of us and every customer coming here, he is verrrrry funny, spontaneous and kind! We will definitely come here every time when we will visit Istanbul! Cheers :)

• Visited May 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“First night, first raki”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

It was my first night in Istanbul and I was staying in sultanahmet alone prior to the arrival of my travel companions. Based on TA comments I decided to try the Shadow Cafe. I wasn't disappointed. Enjoyed the meze and the raki (my first -- and second!).

The atmosphere was relaxing, the staff friendly and entertaining. Struck up a conversation with a pleasant British couple, which explains the second raki.

Bacau, Romania
“The best restaurant IN THE WORLD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I arrived this evening in Istanbul and immediately looked on Tripadvisor for a restaurant where to have dinner.
Shadow, which is the best rated in Istanbul, was a 200 m from our hotel, so we wanted to check it out.
When we arrived in front of the restaurant, we were pleased to find out that the prices were very reasonable, a gentleman invited us informing us that we could have complimentary appetizers if we ordered a main course, the place looked interesting, so we decided to go in.
The waiter was very prompt in taking our order, they brought the food almost instantly (which is great, because my 6 years ord son was famished!) and the taste was unbelievable.
I had the Sultan Hurrem, my son a chicken breast with chips and my husband listened to the chefs recommendation and he didn't regret it.
The atmosphere was fantastic: good music, two TVs with football channels on, the service was impecable and all was wrapped up in a lovely otoman feel (velvety red sofas, colourful lamps, culinary shows etc.).
My son had a wonderful time as well. The guys over there entertained him (dancing, small tricks etc.).
I told the person served us that we decided to come there because TripAdvisor recommended it as the best restaurant in Istanbul and he proudly said it was the best restaurant IN THE WORLD. :) I tend to agree with him.
PS And the entire dinner for three (with complimentary appetizers and desert, drinks and main course) costed around 40 euros.
So, if you're in Istanbul and you're looking for a good place to eat and have fun, look no further!

“Sensational”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Istanbul was pretty full on with people everywhere and hassling u. This place made a meal with friends into something so much more. The staff were friendly and not pushy, they performed stunts as they served the food and drinks, they served delicious food that was reasonably priced. Would go back tomorrow night if were here longer.
Chris