“Backpackers Travel meets my expectations.. !!!”

Backpackers Private Day Tours
Ranked #221 of 412 Tours in Istanbul
Dubai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Backpackers Travel meets my expectations.. !!!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently returned from Turkey after business and pleasure trip, arranged couple of tours through Backpacker Travel Istanbul and highly recommend to other travelers who are looking for personal budget trips in Turkey. Those tours which I had were very informative, enjoyable and easy to understand the motive (history) with professional and knowledgeable guide specially The City Walking tour for whole day and I really appreciate Mr. Ahmet Durdu for his magnificent knowledge and way to explain things. Here I am going to share my opinion for all booked tour separately.

1. Istanbul Guided Walking Tour Meet my requirement and recommend to others
2. Two Continents (Asia & Europe) Tour Backpacker booked this tour through SHE Travelers and its sort of commercial tour therefore I am not going to recommend this to others.
3. Bosphorus Cruise & Eminonu Tour Memorable trip across the shores of Asian and Europe side of Turkey, Meet my requirement and recommend to others
4. Chora & City Walls & Golden Horn Tour Recommend to those who love history

Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Backpackers Travel Exceeded Our Expectations!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Arranged a tour of Pamukkale for my sister and me before arriving Kasidasi. Everything went perfectly from when we were picked up until our return...the guide was exceptionally informed and funny, the meal provided the best so far through any tour group and the van was roomy and comfortable. I had not realized how much those things matter until we arranged a tour here with a different company, which was so inferior. When my sister discovered at the hotel that she had left her cell phone, we called Tahsin UNSAL, at Backpackers, who had arranged the tour for us and provided his cell phone # to us... A good thing because it was after business hours. We asked if he could get word to the driver in case she had left it on the van and in less than 20 minutes the driver delivered it to our hotel. First class top to bottom and first choice wherever they provide services! oh and the cost was comparable to other groups. Nelda Leon, USA

Visited October 2013
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Not really geared toward backpackers at all!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We booked a day trip from Istanbul to Ephesus with Backpacker's Travel based on the recommendation from turkeytravelplanner.com and TripAdvisor. The communication was good and nothing went terribly wrong - drivers showed up, transfers were smooth, lunch was good, etc. Our tour guide was nice and did an OK job, although I seriously questioned his decision to actively dissuade tour members from visiting the terrace houses at Ephesus, since they were a highlight for me (having read about them in advance, I went despite his downplaying and they were amazing). The issue for us was that after the tour of the sites we were driven to a carpet salesroom and a leather salesroom, both isolated, so we couldn't leave and couldn't do anything else, and were stuck listening to sales pitches and waiting around while others on the tour shopped extensively for luxury goods we were not interested in and couldn't afford anyway. None of the backpackers I know would patronize this kind of shop. Our time in Turkey was precious and we felt like this tour wasted several hours that we had paid for. It also bothered us that the company would encourage tours to be rushed through sites like Ephesus in order to get their kickbacks from the salesrooms. We learned from speaking to the other tour members that Backpackers' has apparently merged with another company, Efendi Travel, so perhaps that was part of the issue. Tip: if you don't enjoy cruise-ship style shopping, book with another company or lmake them drop you off in town the minute they mention "handicrafts."

Visited September 2013
1 Thank thirstyfortea
Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wasted some valuable time”
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

I booked a Gallipoli day tour (GAL 3) with this company before leaving for our trip. I pre booked largely so that I could request the company to reserve o/n bus tickets on our behalf. They did this with no fuss and it was a great help.
The tour itself was good. Once we finally got there. It was a very long drive (about 5 hrs) which I was prepared for. I wasn't prepared for a 40 min wait at the tour office at the other end. Lunch was fine. Then a drive to pick up another group only to wait a further 30 mins while they had lunch.
A lot of wasted time when it is already so limited by extensive travelling time.
The time spent at Gallipoli itself was of course a special experience. And not one that could be done easily on your own. Nor could we afford the cost of a private tour which would have made better use of time ( I think the gallipoli experience is better shared with others in any case). I just think there would be other companies that make better use of your precious time.

Visited May 2013
Cairo
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“one day ski trip at uludag borsa turkey”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

i have booked a one day trip through this link (http://www.backpackerstravel.net/Daily-Ski-Tours-to-Uludag-from-Istanbul-kod5-tid9-turid43-backpackersmenu6876435897436), they were very sharp in their appointments. they picked us from our hotel and went to ferry boat one hour before time of departure and were met by a very nice driver at bursa port to drive us to uludag who doesnt speak english. the hotel there is awful, no restrooms even the toilets are outdoor and locks are not working and dirty. we had to use a toilet of another cafe. the sandwich is bad and even the cafe has no fries or any other food u can eat only sausage. the trip was really over priced compared to the service

Visited January 2013