“Excellent tours”

Backpackers Private Day Tours
Ranked #230 of 452 Tours in Istanbul
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I went on 4 tours run through this agency and used their airport transfers. All were excellent and on time.
We did the morning and afternoon walking tours with Ahmet, which gave us a great overview of the historic area of the city.
We also did the Golden Horn and Chora church tour. As a history teacher, this was my favorite tour. We were lucky enough to get Ahmet again. We were also the only people signed up for the tour so got a private tour for €35 per person!
Finally we did the two continents tour. Again, we were the only ones on the tour! This time Atilla guided us through Beylerbeyi Palace and up Camilla Hill.
Great experiences overall!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Did a full day walking tour with I'm sure his name was Muhmet (sp) today. What a great tour guide! Covered most of the top attractions in Istanbul.
The guide was very professional,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Yusuf arranged our 14 day tour in Turkey and he did very well in selecting good hotels for us. The only thing we could say about our tour is that we wasted our time on 1 day tour at Ephesus with a leather shop. We wasted at least 1 hour there and missed our opportunity to visit the mosque that was part of the itinerary because of prayer time.

All the meet and greet airport transfers were good except on our last one leaving Turkey. The man who met us did not look/greet us once except for asking for payment for the transfer while we were in the car. The whole attitude was not friendly or polite. This is a shame as I had a good impression of most things organised by the agency until last minute.

The guides on our tour were professional and very informative.

2  Thank Man K
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I made this trip way back in September 2012, but active on tripadvisor only now.
The trip plan covered the culturally rich Istanbul, the wonder of Cappadocia and Pamukkale and the luxurious beach town of Kusadasi. They customized it for our prefernce and arranged for travel and stays very well. The guide arranged for us in Istanbul was very good(dont r'ber her name now).

1  Thank madame_traveller
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently returned from Turkey after business and pleasure trip, arranged couple of tours through Backpacker Travel Istanbul and highly recommend to other travelers who are looking for personal budget trips in Turkey. Those tours which I had were very informative, enjoyable and easy to understand the motive (history) with professional and knowledgeable guide specially The City Walking tour for whole day and I really appreciate Mr. Ahmet Durdu for his magnificent knowledge and way to explain things. Here I am going to share my opinion for all booked tour separately.

1. Istanbul Guided Walking Tour Meet my requirement and recommend to others
2. Two Continents (Asia & Europe) Tour Backpacker booked this tour through SHE Travelers and its sort of commercial tour therefore I am not going to recommend this to others.
3. Bosphorus Cruise & Eminonu Tour Memorable trip across the shores of Asian and Europe side of Turkey, Meet my requirement and recommend to others
4. Chora & City Walls & Golden Horn Tour Recommend to those who love history