“Explore Sultanahmet in a day”
Review of Istanbul Walks

Istanbul Walks
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Istanbul Small-Group Walking Tour: Hagia Sophia...
Ranked #126 of 443 Tours in Istanbul
Reviewed 12 May 2014

One day easy walking trip taking in most of the main sites. Excellent way to become oriented quickly. Not demanding in terms of walking. Our guide ,Sanem, was an excellent combination of knowledge and local insight. Good value for money. Tove & Hugh.

1  Thank Hugh R
in 4 reviews
"golden horn"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I booked three tours with this company, the Fatih mosque tour, the Archaeological museum tour and the eating out in a Turkish way tour. For all three I was the only person to sign up but they still ran the tours anyway which was amazing because I had another company cancel a tour for the same reason. I was picked up and returned to my hotel on the two occasions I requested it and was directed to a delicious restaurant when I asked about it on the third occasion.
Sanem took me on the Fatih tour. She was bright, personable, and full of energy. She answered all of my questions completely and seemed to know everything. It was an amazing walk that included a local market and lots of information.
Fatih took me on the museum tour. I did not think one person could know so much about such a variety of subjects but he pointed out all of the important pieces in the museum and gave me great background info.
Apo took me on the dining out tour and it was a lot of fun.
All three of my guides answered all of my questions and gave great insight into Turkish life. There wasn't anything I asked that they weren't willing to talk about.
The only thing I will say is that though I enjoyed the dinning out in a Turkish way tour, I was a little bit disappointed, I felt the cost was a bit high for what I received, but it was overall a great experience. I just wish it had cost less because I feel like it fell a little short of getting my money's worth.
The guides I had were all amazing and they would be great for any tour you would do. They were all super-flexible and willing to talk about what I wanted to know.
In fact, one, when I offered a tip, refused and asked instead that I write a review. It was my first day in Turkey and the only time it happened. These guides are definitely worth tipping!

1  Thank bethany498
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We did two trips with Istanbul walks. The Bosphorus all day trip including Asian side and Sultans Palace. We were a small group and the trip was great, lots of information from the super guide Ukey. Nothing was too much trouble and her knowledge was amazing. We also did the tour of the major sights, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar etc. another great day with Ukey. Who despite the crowds was able to give us good information about the history etc. we were two couples on our first trip to Istanbul and these two trips gave us such an insight into the history and culture of this beautiful city. We all agree that we would like to give Ukey six stars, she is an amazing lady and an absolute credit to Istanbul Walks!!!

2  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I had the pleasure of the Balat/Fener tour, the Gallipoli tour and the Armenian District. All three were led by expert guides who know their subject inside out. My questions were fully answered and I got to loads of sites, off the beaten track, that I would never have found or got access to myself

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Having not visited a new country for many years it seemed appropriate in advance to book the full day walking tour with Istanbul walks. And what an excellent decision that was! Our guide Yuke was superb. She took us to all of the highlights of course, and was very knowledgeable. She was very open to answering questions and was able to answer all of them fully and enthusiastically. Istanbul walks is great because the groups are so small - we were just five. The pace of the walk is leisurely, and we walked on Friday so the blue Mosque was closed in the morning and we visited that in the afternoon. This meant the walk did not finish until 5:45 PM yet still our guide was sweet and relaxed and generous with us. The Turkish lunch was great and and I absolutely believe that this is a very very reasonably priced tour when you consider the entrance fees, hotel bus collection and drop off, the lunch, the guide and the size of group. I would happily recommend this to anyone visiting. Make this your first full day and enjoy!

1  Thank Barry L