“Very knowledgeable and fun to be with”
Review of Istanbul Walks

Istanbul Walks
Book In Advance
US$83.92*
and up
Bosphorus Full-Day Sightseeing Tour: Golden Horn and Bosphorus Cruise, Spice...
US$89.91*
Istanbul by Night: Turkish Food Tour
US$28.77*
Whirling Dervish Show in Istanbul
Ranked #109 of 423 Tours in Istanbul
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We wanted a full day private tour so we could choose, with the assistance of the guide, where to go and be able to spend how long or little time we wanted at each place. Our hotel the Neorion (See separate review) recommended Istanbul Walks.

Our guide was Serhat and he was superb. We chatted with him explaining what we wanted to see and he arranged our itinerary. Our tour was a full day, 9am to 5pm He arrived at 8-30am and we did not finish until 6pm, and at no extra charge.

Serhat was very knowledgeable and able to explain in as little or as much detail as you wanted, he spoke excellent English and was fun to be with. He had a good sense of humour and was someone you would comfortably enjoy spending a day with.

We learned that part of Sehat’s job is to train other guides and also hotel staff. Whilst the cost of a private guide for two people is marginally more than the cost of a set tour for two for three or more people it is a saving.

In conclusion I have no hesitation in recommending Istanbul Walks.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Thank you Istanbul Walks for the wonderful tour (and a big thumbs up to my fabulous tour guide Sanem. I saw all the big sites on this 10 hour tour and also received so many historical facts and suggestions for my time in Istanbul. My tour guide really made the experience one to remember. I would HIGHLY recommend this tour if you are looking to see the city (plus they have 40 other additional tours daily).

Thank you Sanem and Istanbul Walks for really making my trip. I enjoyed your tour immensely.

-New York

1  Thank BroadieNewYork
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have only two days in Istanbul and this worked well to see all the highlights. We went on the classics highlights tour all day for discount price of fifty euro. Positives: good guide, no waiting in lines and nice van took us from place to place. Negatives: lunch not the best and we were told max 14 people, but there were 21!! However, they had headsets which I guess are not standard and those worked well. Even with 14 I cannot imagine being able to hear the guide without them. Not sure why they would not use them standard unless only a few people. Would do again because hard to know what you are looking at without the guide and cost not bad when you add up the tickets etc.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

One day easy walking trip taking in most of the main sites. Excellent way to become oriented quickly. Not demanding in terms of walking. Our guide ,Sanem, was an excellent combination of knowledge and local insight. Good value for money. Tove & Hugh.

1  Thank Hugh R
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I booked three tours with this company, the Fatih mosque tour, the Archaeological museum tour and the eating out in a Turkish way tour. For all three I was the only person to sign up but they still ran the tours anyway which was amazing because I had another company cancel a tour for the same reason. I was picked up and returned to my hotel on the two occasions I requested it and was directed to a delicious restaurant when I asked about it on the third occasion.
Sanem took me on the Fatih tour. She was bright, personable, and full of energy. She answered all of my questions completely and seemed to know everything. It was an amazing walk that included a local market and lots of information.
Fatih took me on the museum tour. I did not think one person could know so much about such a variety of subjects but he pointed out all of the important pieces in the museum and gave me great background info.
Apo took me on the dining out tour and it was a lot of fun.
All three of my guides answered all of my questions and gave great insight into Turkish life. There wasn't anything I asked that they weren't willing to talk about.
The only thing I will say is that though I enjoyed the dinning out in a Turkish way tour, I was a little bit disappointed, I felt the cost was a bit high for what I received, but it was overall a great experience. I just wish it had cost less because I feel like it fell a little short of getting my money's worth.
The guides I had were all amazing and they would be great for any tour you would do. They were all super-flexible and willing to talk about what I wanted to know.
In fact, one, when I offered a tip, refused and asked instead that I write a review. It was my first day in Turkey and the only time it happened. These guides are definitely worth tipping!

1  Thank bethany498