“fairndly staff lovely place”

Ottoman Elegance Hotel
Ranked #482 of 1,071 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 December 2013

the hotel is nare of all turijom area from the bluemusque only 7 minit walking distans brackfirst was imaing im in istambul 5 time this is my favorit hotel good value for maney staff and oner was very helfull room is vary cline and all time open riciption i recomand that every gast can enjoy this hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nobie r
There are newer reviews for Ottoman Elegance Hotel

Reviewed 26 November 2013

very good hotel its breakfast and clean and help for avriting
like home and blue mosque and topkapi palace and spice bazaar and grand bazaar
its vary close
help for citi tours and airport transfer
i loved ths hotel
room sarvis is very good
and like faimly

Room Tip: double room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ahmet y
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We recently stayed at the Ottoman Elegance Hotel in Istanbul.

The Pros were as follows: It was cheap and provided breakfast, which was the standard Turkish fare for breakfast (I.e meats, cheeses, breads, jams, olives etc). The beds were comfortable. The rooms okay in size - good for sleeping and using as a base. The staff were brilliant, nothing was too much effort for them (for example giving directions, taking us to the shop when we first arrived late to get some food and drink).

The Cons were as follows: The shower didn't fit on the wall so you had to hold it whilst washing, the bathroom was smelly - but i think this was a drainage issue throughout Istanbul, there was no iron - so take one with you and the building is situated quite close to a mosque so expect the call to prayer around 5am.

The hotel did arrange for us to go on a tour of the Bosphorus, however on the day that this was supposed to happen the company ("She Tours") were unable to take us and we never really did get a clear explanation as to why, other than there was a lack of people on the tour so it was cancelled. The bus did come to pick us up though but left without us so not sure if this was the full story. However they did do us a favour because we managed to get the ferry for a fraction on the price -s o worth shopping around.

On the whole a pleasant stay and would go back again.

Room Tip: Be wary - the hotel is at the bottom of a rather large hill which you'll need to walk up to get...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Hbsoboy
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Istanbul was a dream and Ottoman Elegance Hotel a facilitator. Location perfect except for the walk up and down to Sultanahmet, the tourist hub. Clean, hygiene conforms to European norms. Staff is helpful, books your ferries, tickets for cultural forays etc. Good breakfast. Zeroed in on hotel through trip advisor. Thanks

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Radhika R
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Very conveniently located, away from the crowd but very close to the waterfront and the Blue Mosque. The area is not very tourist-y, which we appreciated, and has plenty of small places to eat with the locals.

The hotel was very clean, with spacious and nicely decorated rooms. We had a giant bathroom with a big tub, which was welcome after long days looking around Istanbul. The bed was very comfortable, and the room had tea and coffee making facilities.

Breakfast was brilliant, with plenty of sweet and savoury items to choose from, and slight differences every day so that we could always try something new. We were also allowed to use the breakfast room for an impromptu picnic, and tea and coffee were always on hand if we wanted some.

We felt welcome in this hotel - service was always given with a smile and the staff was ever so helpful and nice (special thanks to Osman). We were offered tea as soon as we arrived, making us feel at home immediately, and the staff gently put up with our terrible attempts at speaking turkish. We also did not feel like they were trying to take advantage of us by selling us overpriced tours or shuttles, and that was much appreciated.

Overall a great hotel - we will come back!

Room Tip: Our second floor room was huge and lovely. Lower ground floor room had some troubles with children p...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LaurieOxford
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We've chosen this hotel because of the cheap price and the good location in the centre of the city, but it offers so much more. We were really satisfied, everything was perfect. Really nice, clean rooms, nice staff, who are always helpful, when you need an advice. The breakfast was also very good, with lots of different things. If I'm going to Istanbul the next time, I'm definitely going to book this hotel again, I can only recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Surpassed my expectations - huge bathroom with bathtub, flowers on my bed, large room, friendly hotel owner, all for a very reasonable price. I had a very relaxing/comfortable stay and felt safe there even though I was a solo female traveler.

On my last day, I left my passport at the hotel as I was rushing to get to the airport and did not realize it until I was at the check-in counter. I quickly called the hotel and the owner swiftly assured me not to worry and that he had asked a very kind Romanian couple who were headed to the airport to hand me my passport within an hour. I got the passport in time and was able to catch my flight. I am ever so grateful to the hotel and to the Romanian couple who were so ready to help out a stranger in need - their kindness really reminded me of the goodness of people.

Room Tip: I got a room on the first floor and it was great.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo