“The best experience in Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Karakoy Port Hotel

Karakoy Port Hotel
Ranked #30 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
“The best experience in Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

Well what can say...The best experience I used to have in Istanbul so far.Traveling very offen I used to stay in many different hotels,but this time it was really specially.I was on short private trip so I did not expect anything specially:only decent room and bed.But it wasn't...It was luxury,clean,spotless...The people were very nice and so friendly so that I have no words to express my gratitude to them.And since it was my birthday they even supprised me with a wonderful cake and present.
Now about the hotel...Hotel is locatred next to the see in Tophane district,5 min walking to the funicular which takes you to Topkapi and 1 min walking to the tram station for Sultanahmed(old cyty).Area is very quiet,sothe quality of sleeping is perfect.For the best thing was spotless and perfect clean room.Even the shifts of the large bed smell on Lenor..Ha,ha...I have a filing that I am at home.
The breakfast is on the top flor with nice see view...So you will enjoy your coffee for sure...
Once again:thans a milion for my best trip and birthday surprise I will never forget.
Since we are planing a nice Cruise this year,we will choose the hotel again because it is close to the Istanbul Marina,only 2 min. walking.

Room Tip: alll of them are nice...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank lisa71Skp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

In the middle of historical places and at the heart of cultural events, the hotel offers a great comfort with a satisfctory clean rooms and service with smiling faces. I exacty suggest the passengers to stop and stay here s while.

• Stayed January 2013
Valletta, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

I stayed at this brand new small hotel for three nights last December when I visited Istanbul for a short business trip and it was a very good experience. Very friendly and helpful staff and a brand new and very clean hotel. A nice change from the bigger hotels close to Taksim Square. I recommend it and would like to stay there for a short holiday.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

It was my first visit to Istanbul and I spent much time choosing the hotel and reading the reviews of other travellers. I chose Karakoy Port Hotel as it had excellent ratings and they turned out to be absolutely true: scenic views, extremely friendly staff, comfortable beds and clean rooms, good breakfasts. It's conveniently located in a very nice and quiet place by the sea, not far from the historic centre and other places of interest. If I ever go to Istanbul again (I do hope I will) I will choose Karakoy Port Hotel, wonderful place to stay during the visit. Thank you very much for your service and warm welcome.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tatyana T
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

We had a very plesant stay in Istanbul at the Karakoy Port Hotel. A taxi was at the airport waiting for us and took us to the Hotel for free. The nice and professional staff gave us a warm welcome. We had a good and various breakfast every day and the room was very confortable and warm. Wifi was free and worked very well. We will certainly come back to the Karakoy Port Hotel soon.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gstvnt65
Pristina, Kosovo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

My usual hotel in Galatea was sold out, so I booked into the Karakoy. This will now be my "usual hotel". The welcome was warm and truly friendly and service exellent throughout. Breakfast was good, the room very comfortable and, despite being in a slightly "unfashionable" location, the hotel is actually better palced for everyhting I might want to do than the trendier sites up in Galatea. Full marks all round.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

Perfect Location near the Istanbul Modern Museum, right by the Bosphoros and a minute walk to the closest tram stop that take you every where. A 7 min. walk up the hill will take you to Istiklal street where the nightlife never stops! Fantstic view over the Bosphoros from the breakfast room which is at the roof top! Free wifi over the entire hotel and very kind staff.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends