“Istanbul to Vienna”
Review of Karakoy Port Hotel

Karakoy Port Hotel
Ranked #38 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 24 July 2013

What can I say! Of my 10 day holiday, Turkey was my best experience, especially the accommodation and the friends I have made here. Savgo Cihan! Exceptional feel at home experience! The staff went out of their way to accommodate us and make us feel welcome. Hopefully we will meet up within the following year! Accommodation included breakfast and we made amazing memories spending evenings on the terrace watching the sun set!

There are newer reviews for Karakoy Port Hotel

Reviewed 23 July 2013

In mid June we had a 3day stay in the Karakoy Port Hotel. It was our first visit to Istanbul
and the help frendlyness and service of the staff and specialy the resepstion made it remarkebale. I can recomend a wonderfull and very helpfull stay for anyone!!!!!
We got exallant service and information from the city, places to shop and the best restaurants.
I will defnatly go back and use Karakoy again. It is also very central.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel on our visit on this jul to Istanbul. I immediately feel hospitality from the front desk. Without having to ask, they immediately explained the places in Istanbul with detailed information how to get there.

They even kindly lend me the metro card which definitely helped us to maximize our time in karakoyThis made my first visit ever to Istanbul, very memorable.

Next time, i will come back to Istanbul I definitely return to this karakoy hotel. Thanks a lot

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My sister and I stayed here in June prior to taking a cruise. The staff were very welcoming, friendly and extremely helpful. All requests were met with a smile and actioned immediately. The decor was wonderful, both in bedrooms and the elegant reception area. Beds were comfortable, room air conditioned and very welcoming. The rooftop terrace overlooks the port and is very pretty, especially at night with all the lights sparkling in the area. If you are looking for a great hotel near the port then this is the place to stay. Nothing was too much trouble for this small but very friendly hotel. If you go elsewhere, you are missing a gem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view if the harbour.
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We were scheduled to cruise out of Istanbul on June 26th. We came in a day early. Having been to Istanbul several times in the past, we had seen the traditional tourist sites and wanted to be near the port for a nice leisurely morning before going to the ship. I did some research and came across this hotel through TripAdvisor. I am so glad I took their advice.The Karakoy Port Hotel exceeded all expectations. From the man that greeted us when we came in, to the refreshing drink we were served while checking in, and the exceptional service; it was such a treat after a long flight. The rooms reminded me of a palace. Once we got to our room, we saw our ship right outside our window. Everything was immaculate and the rooftop terrace was a wonderful place to relax and just take in the city. When we asked for a car the next day, they said it was just a few minutes' walk to the terminal. When we checked out, one of the employees took 2 of our bags and walked us to the terminal. What service! I can recommend this hotel without reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for a rooom on the top floor overlooking the port. After dark it is incredible to see the ship l...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StellaL
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I like the hotel very much it had a great location near the tram station tophane and 8 minute walking to karakoy port and 13 to eminönö also you can reach taqseem by 13 minute walking . The breakfast view is great you can see the phosphors while you are eating . The staff are friendly and ready to help.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Staff was amazing Decoration of room is beautiful Best air-conditioning Provide for us everything we needed Location is perfect, and close from everything
However, In the triple room, the size of the beds were pretty small

Room Tip: Single rooms is better