“Cute Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #33 of 1,134 Hotels in Istanbul
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Cute Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was looking for a place not very far from the tourist area but quite, not a big hotel but comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful, the room are clean, nice view of the Bosphorus for breakfast and the hotel is close to all the important attractions of the city. If you are lazy for a short walk, the tram station is at 2 min distance and the ferry at five. If you wanna spent few days in Istanbul, to be close of everything but not in a noisy area Karakoy Port Hotel is the best choice. Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The hotel was an excellent choice in terms of budget, location and service. It is a short walking distance from the metro and 10 min away from istqlal. The service and staff were excellent and the hotel's decoration also complimented the overall Turkish theme. Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2013
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed 5 nights in this hotel and it was great. The hotel is very central, from there you can reach the most important things to see even by foot, if you want also the tram is a few meters beside the hotel. The rooms are very nice and clean, the breakfast excellent and on the last floor there is a terrace whith a beautiful view. Last but not least the staff was very friendly, attentive and makes you feel at home...this hotel is absolutely recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Airin R
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My travel agent said I would see my ship and couldn't tell me where I would meet it.
I searched on line to find a hotel close to where the cruise ships berthed
I received an email from the hotel to say they would collect me from the airport.
Unfortunately they didn't get my email however they organised a very nice driver to
Take me to the hotel. The traffic was shocking and I felt quite ill by the time I arrived.
I had a late request for a room with a view which they were unable to oblige on my first night.
The staff are amazing. The hotel Manager very kind and charming. I found this with all the
Staff. I was given an umbrella when it rained and had one of the staff take my suitcase to the
Ship, which though it was only 50 metres away, we could not enter from that entrance so it was
A bit of a hike and he didn't expect a tip. I was relieved to see my ship arrive so close to the hotel.
The hotel is all white and gold. It is very clean and minutes from the tram which takes you to
Unesco sites.
Breakfast was nice. I would recommend it as a safe and welcoming place to stay

Room Tip: Room with a view, though the breakfast room has an amazing view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Savoy88
Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

معاملة موظفي الفندق ممتازة خاصة مديرها و طاقم الإستقبال..أعطاني مدير الفندق غرفة لمدة 11 ساعة لوضع عفشي و الراحة حتى موعد الرحلة وذللك بعد ال شيك أوت .. إطلالة صالة الطعام رائعة على البوسفور..النظافة ممتازة..الموقع قريب جدا من محطة الترام و المناطق السياحية..الإنترنت متوفر في مرافق الفندق وجيدجدا
Superstar Staff specially the Hotel Manager and reception group (they offer me a room to stay with my family after check out till go to airport for more than 10 Hrs), excellent location close to Tophani tram station and to close famous areas, clean hotel and good housekeeping, free-internet WiFi available, good breakfast and dining room sea view. Highly recommended hotel and I will book again next time.
Ahmed Abduljabbar
Yanbu, Saudi Arabia

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ahmed A
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was looking for a place to stay the night before going on a cruise in Istanbul. The parameters were simple. Something close to the cruise terminal, something affordable (relatively speaking of course) and great reviews. Karakoy Port Hotel matched all three and I went ahead and booked a room. Our friends cruising with us also booked a room.

I had never been to Istanbul prior to this trip so this was a bit of a gamble. Based on past experiences with Tripadvisor reviews, I was not too worried and my instinct was rewarded amply.

Karakoy Port Hotel is an upscale (not quite luxury) boutique hotel that lived up to every bit of our expectations. It is well appointed and clean. The staff is friendly and more than helpful. Best of all for us, it is within minutes by foot to the two cruise terminals. Cruise ships are practically "parked" right in front of the hotel!

After checking in, we easily walked up to the west end of Istiklal pedestrian street and enjoyed a saunter to Taksim Square, and then walking down to the water front and then on to Dolmabahçe Palace - one place no one should miss. Afterwards, we walked back to Taksim Square for dinner prior to walking back to the hotel before dusk. We did all this in one afternoon.

Sumptuous breakfast is served on the top floor with a view of the Bosphorous, which would be partially blocked by the cruise ships during our stay. This hotel could easily serve as the home base for touring Istanbul even for those not cruising. A tram station that can take you to places like Sultanamet is just around the corner. Galata tower and bridge are all within easy walking distance.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sf88fs
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, everything from the staff to the breakfast was 5 star, the rooms were very comfortable and spacious with comfortable beds and nice bathrooms. The location was perfect for us we could walk to all major attractions in 15-20mins and it was close to public transport if needed. The staff were so helpful and friendly, nothing was too much for them and they really made our stay perfect! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple