“Great and great service”
Review of Karakoy Port Hotel

Karakoy Port Hotel
Ranked #32 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Hawaii
“Great and great service”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Perfect location for a base and the staff were unbelievably welcome and helpful, e.g, I had left a suitcase at a different Istanbul hotel while going on side trip, and asked for help to get a cab across the city and back to pick it up, the manager said no problem and I said I would go upstairs to my room to settle in, within half hour a knock at the door and my bag was there, the manager had sent for it to save me trouble, the next day we were going to the Tacsim neighborhood and mentioned it to one of our favorite bellboys, Bora he was getting off duty around dinner time and walked us to the area to show us how to get there , then our last day a few of us were going to grand bazaar our other favorite bell hop was getting off and again, we got a free guide to our place but he also served as translator in bargaining , I wouldn't expect that from anyone and lucky timing was perfect of when people were finishing shift but it shows how they treat you, Get a view room if possible, worth it, great neighbor hood , try Hamaan next door it is beautiful and newly restored to Ottoman glory

Room Tip: Water view is best but city view nice as well
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank RickHawaii

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Firstly, I would like to say Istanbul is one of the most beautiful city in the world. There are a lots of things to say about that beautiful city. I'm in love with Istanbul. My last visit was couple years ago and I have stayed in this hotel and I really liked it. Hotel service was very good, people working there were very nice and helpful. They know what you are looking for as a good service. Especially, Yunus and Omer were very friendly staff. They have tried to show me the most important places to see in Istanbul. I liked the location of this hotel it was very easy for me to find it. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emre A
Alanya, Turkey
Reviewed 23 March 2014

It was very nice time - time of great impressions based on wonderful weather in the city, which i love from the deep of my heart, and on staying at Karakoy Port Hotel. Only perfect impressions from the personnell, Hotel's rooms (always clean!) and breakfasts with the view on "Bosfor bogazi". Hotel's location is the real find both for the first time comers and for those who come to Istanbul frequently. Historical part of the city, docks are really very close.
You are really professionals of the business you do, always responsive, and you make your guests really happy with the time they staying with you. I will recommend you to my friends and i hope to come to you again in my next visit to Istanbul. Thank you sooo much for that time and of course for the room up-grade:)) I appreciated it deeply.

Elvira.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Elvira9925
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

“1-great staff,Very helpful receptionists... Mainly "Hakan" who received us first & helped us with early check-in while answering every question we had... Cheerful staff at restaurant... Housekeeping ladies are really nice... I liked everyone I met in this hotel...
2- the owner is a decent guy who welcomed us in a warm way the next day we arrived...
3- breakfast place is amazing with delicious selection & great view on the Bosphorus
4- rooms are very well furnished & clean
5- location is perfect & allows access to old city sightseeing & the modern " ortakoy"
6- the hotel offers awesome Tukrish Hamam service for reasonable price, they make appointment & they call people to pick up to & from Hamam for free (it's a must do experience)
7- the hotel as well offers good deals with some seafood restaurants on the galata bridge, they call for someone to pick u up to & from restaurant... 8- every question we had about where & when or how? Was answered in satisfying way... So everyday we make the plan with the staff in the morning what we wanna do today :) If I'll go again, I'll sure stay in karakoy port hotel... Safe & comfortable stay for a group of 3 young ladies ... So I'm sure it's safe & comfortable to any category of travelers (as I'm a bit picky when it comes to travel & my stay).. Bottom line: this hotel is the perefct point on the curve when it comes to value versus received service... Perfect choice Thank you Staff :)”

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mariam W
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Hotel is on good location (calm street, close to Bosphorus). Nice restaurants and caffes (Starbucks close by). Tram station on 3 minutes walk, Open bus has station in 50m from hotel.
On walking distance to Galata Tower, Galata bridge and old city.
Staff is very nice, breakfast is good - served in restaurant with beautiful view.

Rooms are nice and clean, bathroom is nice and new. Beds are exellent.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank mirjanaz2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Karakoy is is situated in a special part of Istanbul.
The atmoshpere is unique and the Hotel just adds to that feeling.
The staff are friendly and helpful and they made my stay an unforgettable experience.
I highly recommend any body who is thinking about going to Istanbul to stay at this welcoming hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms that have view of the Bosphoros.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amir b
Vicenza, Italy
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel is very nicely located. You have a tram about 3 minutes away which takes you to the old parts of the city within 15 minutes. The neighborhood the hotel is in is under construction but right on the waterfront. It is an easy walk in the area for more of a night life and real Istanbul living experience. We debated staying in the old city and happy we did not as the food isn't good and just full of tourist shops. The hotel has an amazing rooftop terrace and breakfast room, extremely friendly staff. Breakfast can easily can be a brunch with about 40 various items all you can eat buffet style. Yes, the doors seem a little sound proof lacking, but only 4 rooms per floor. Stay higher up in the building if you want views. We ended up with a viewless room, staring at a wall, but we didn't come to Istanbul to stay in the hotel bedroom and look out the window...we were originally assigned a room with a view but only had small single beds, opted for big bed with no view.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with view! We changed
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple