“Good for business trips too!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Karakoy Port Hotel

Karakoy Port Hotel
Ranked #26 of 1,120 Hotels in Istanbul
Reading, United Kingdom
“Good for business trips too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

An ideal choice for business. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff helpful and attentive and the price reasonable; not paying for amenities you'll just never use. Transport links are good, for trams, ferries and both airports. Within walking distance are many good restaurants.
Overall a good hotel for those looking for something away from the standard 'chain' hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Andy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Island of Malta, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

From its red carpeted foyer and corridors to its elegantly white and gold furnished rooms Karakoy Port Hotel ozzes elegance The rooms are super clean with a deposit box, mini bar and tea and coffee making facilites. The bathroom is good sized and supplied with toiletries and hairdryer and white fluffy towels. The hotel is in a quiet area but within easy reach of all the main tourist attractions. We reached Galata Tower and Istiklal Street by walking. Sultanahmet Area is just beyond Galata Bridge and easily reached by public transport. We were picked up at the airport by the hotel and were welcomed at the hotel by smiling staff and cups of tea. Breakfast is very good and abundant with hot plates, cereals, variety of cold meats and cheeses, fruit and yogurt taken on the hotel's terrace with its stupendous views of the Bosphorus and Beyoglu. We found all the staff helpful and welcoming. I would like to thank the manager and all the staff for making our first stay in Istanbul so pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bridgette_Saliba
Fair Haven, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I loved Istanbul and our stay in this hotel. After researching where to stay, I had chosen Karakoy as a great location to discover this amazing city and did not regret at all my choice. One could take the tram to the tourist area or walk, and then walk to the new Istanbul area around Taksim.
Our stay at this hotel was very enjoyable. First of all the staff was very friendly and helpful. Hakan, Yunus, Omer and all the others were very patient with all our questions and always had a smile. They all speak very good English. The fact that this is a boutique hotel with only 20 rooms make it very personal. The rooms are very clean, the breakfast buffet is varied and the view of the Bosphorus and Beyoglu is awesome. I would certainly return here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank patriciadlhm
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Perfect location for a base and the staff were unbelievably welcome and helpful, e.g, I had left a suitcase at a different Istanbul hotel while going on side trip, and asked for help to get a cab across the city and back to pick it up, the manager said no problem and I said I would go upstairs to my room to settle in, within half hour a knock at the door and my bag was there, the manager had sent for it to save me trouble, the next day we were going to the Tacsim neighborhood and mentioned it to one of our favorite bellboys, Bora he was getting off duty around dinner time and walked us to the area to show us how to get there , then our last day a few of us were going to grand bazaar our other favorite bell hop was getting off and again, we got a free guide to our place but he also served as translator in bargaining , I wouldn't expect that from anyone and lucky timing was perfect of when people were finishing shift but it shows how they treat you, Get a view room if possible, worth it, great neighbor hood , try Hamaan next door it is beautiful and newly restored to Ottoman glory

Room Tip: Water view is best but city view nice as well
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank RickHawaii
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Firstly, I would like to say Istanbul is one of the most beautiful city in the world. There are a lots of things to say about that beautiful city. I'm in love with Istanbul. My last visit was couple years ago and I have stayed in this hotel and I really liked it. Hotel service was very good, people working there were very nice and helpful. They know what you are looking for as a good service. Especially, Yunus and Omer were very friendly staff. They have tried to show me the most important places to see in Istanbul. I liked the location of this hotel it was very easy for me to find it. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emre A
Alanya, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

It was very nice time - time of great impressions based on wonderful weather in the city, which i love from the deep of my heart, and on staying at Karakoy Port Hotel. Only perfect impressions from the personnell, Hotel's rooms (always clean!) and breakfasts with the view on "Bosfor bogazi". Hotel's location is the real find both for the first time comers and for those who come to Istanbul frequently. Historical part of the city, docks are really very close.
You are really professionals of the business you do, always responsive, and you make your guests really happy with the time they staying with you. I will recommend you to my friends and i hope to come to you again in my next visit to Istanbul. Thank you sooo much for that time and of course for the room up-grade:)) I appreciated it deeply.

Elvira.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Elvira9925
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

“1-great staff,Very helpful receptionists... Mainly "Hakan" who received us first & helped us with early check-in while answering every question we had... Cheerful staff at restaurant... Housekeeping ladies are really nice... I liked everyone I met in this hotel...
2- the owner is a decent guy who welcomed us in a warm way the next day we arrived...
3- breakfast place is amazing with delicious selection & great view on the Bosphorus
4- rooms are very well furnished & clean
5- location is perfect & allows access to old city sightseeing & the modern " ortakoy"
6- the hotel offers awesome Tukrish Hamam service for reasonable price, they make appointment & they call people to pick up to & from Hamam for free (it's a must do experience)
7- the hotel as well offers good deals with some seafood restaurants on the galata bridge, they call for someone to pick u up to & from restaurant... 8- every question we had about where & when or how? Was answered in satisfying way... So everyday we make the plan with the staff in the morning what we wanna do today :) If I'll go again, I'll sure stay in karakoy port hotel... Safe & comfortable stay for a group of 3 young ladies ... So I'm sure it's safe & comfortable to any category of travelers (as I'm a bit picky when it comes to travel & my stay).. Bottom line: this hotel is the perefct point on the curve when it comes to value versus received service... Perfect choice Thank you Staff :)”

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends