“A good one...”
Review of Karakoy Port Hotel

Karakoy Port Hotel
Ranked #38 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for six nights in May 2014. We were picked up by private transfer at Sabiha Gokcen airport and driven to the hotel. The staff was very helpful throughout our stay. All front desk personnel that we dealt with took the time to explain and answer questions that we had during our stay. Our room was on the sixth floor and was above average. We had a semi view of the Bosphorus and it was OK. However, if you go one or two floors up, dining room and rooftop, you will have a much better view of the Bosphorus. Location was important to us and we could walk to Taksim Square (20-25 minutes or so) and Galata bridge and tower (10-15 minutes or so). Tram station is nearby, Tophane station. Breakfast was fine and we enjoyed it every morning. The neighborhood has some nice cafes/restaurants nearby on side streets. There seems to be some construction around the area and you will see the cruise ships at a nearby pier. Additionally, we could see the Bosphorus bridge light show at night from our room. Overall, we had a good stay and experience at this hotel. Would I/we stay here again? Sure!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Domingo D
There are newer reviews for Karakoy Port Hotel

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Everything was amazing, perfect view, location, great WiFi service, 2 minutes walk to Tram station Tophane, transportation is very easy by metro, you can access anywhere in Istanbul by Tram from the hotel location. Istanbul card for transportation is inessential, 5 minutes by Tram to kabatash, ferry port, amazing location from all aspects. Hotel is very clean, Breakfast is very good, room decoration is nice classic the staff always show quick attention to any needs. It was a great experience. Mr. Hakan always friendly and helpful. Although, it was my second visit to Istanbul, Mr. Hakan tried to do his best to let me know news places in Istanbul, his assistance Mr. Omer as well . I felt it was my Home. Defiantly, I will stay in the same hotel in my next visit to Istanbul.

Room Tip: Bosporus full View
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nearby the sea, central (all important sights can be reached by feet), 24 hours open terrace with 360 degree-view over the best parts of the City, quiet quarter with small modern Restaurants (mainly visited from the citizens), clean rooms, very friendly hotel-staff, high-quality breakfast with rich selection of food....... Really no negative things to be reported.......

Room Tip: The rooms to the street are with sea-view to the east direction (towards Bosporus-Bridge) - the high...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank erwin p
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I travel to and through Istanbul a lot. Karakoy is strategically located and this hotel got an unbeatable location. Ultra close to the Tophane stop and less than 7 minutes walk from famous baklava street and 10 minutes walk to Cukurcuma district (the house to the Museum of Innocence), the hotel provides a great place to stay with clean facilities, helpful staff and great location.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Karakoy Port Hotel was a great place to stay in Istanbul. My boyfriend and I stayed 3 nights. The manager was most helpful. He went over the city map in detail and advised us about the best places to exchange Turkish Lira. He was always anxious to hear about our daily adventure. The hotel staff was very hospitable as well. Someone was there every afternoon/evening ready to pour a Turkish tea or coffee to accompany the daily selection of pastries. It was a nice treat after doing so much walking. The breakfast was wonderful . The rooms were a little small, but the beds very comfortable. And it was nice to have a small sitting area. I highly recommend this hotel is you are visiting Istanbul for the first time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Marybol
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

7-9th Jun 2014 seaview room. The location is convinent for those who want to travel in the ERU part of Istanbul. The beakfast is woderful with choices of teas and barharats…

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank brentgao
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel was booked for me by a Conference organiser. I really enjoyed staying here. The room is very good, and the housekeeping is high quality. I reached a little earlier than check in time, so the staff, Sevige and the reception and Burak, served me Turkish Coffee and Turkish Delight and asked me to wait comfortably in the lounge. It was my first day in Turkey, and arrival in Istanbul became such a memorable thing because of this welcome. I stayed there 3 days, very centrally located, I could walk to the Mimar Sinan Uty, go to Museum of Innocence, Dolmabache palace, Modern Art Museum etc. The staff were extrememly helpful. I would particularly want to mention Bora and Sevige: very very helpful and pleasant people. Great asset to the organisation.
Highly recommend this place

Room Tip: Ask them for a top floor room that gives night city view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo