“Very good hotel for short periods”
Review of Urban Suites

Urban Suites
Ranked #48 of 1,080 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Its a new and modern hotel, very attentive staff (Tolga makes everything to make you feel confortable). It's not an excellent location since its not so close to the main tourist attractions. You'll have to walk about 10 minutes to get the public transportation.
Another issue is that the standard rooms are really very small, apart from that the bed, shower are great and very confortable and all the furniture are brand new. The building is recently renewed.
Tolga gave us a free upgrade to the superior room... It was amazing!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tatianafpinheiro

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I loved staying at Urban Suites, as I am writing I am already missing it. I had a wonderful stay, the staff is extremely professional. Neset is very kind and caring, would always help me out with whatever I needed. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, I could easily stay in bed the whole day. The decor is just something else- very beautiful. The hotel is very close to the taksim Square, which has lots of stores for shopping. Neset also helped me out with tours around the city. It was an unforgettable vocation. Would definitely recommend to a friend and will definitely be back at urban suites because my stay there was awesome, loved it.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Nilda A
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Best experience. In short-
- beautiful apartment and decor
- cute little balcony for smokers
- great shower with good pressure
- comfy and big sized bed
- friendly and super helpful staff
- amazing roof top chill area overlooking Istanbul
- great location- 20€ taxi from airport

At first we were on level 1 however after being shown an alternative for a little more euro I would recommend to other travellers to also go with a higher level as level 1 is just a room. However if that's all your looking for then it's still a great room.

I also left a lot if € in the safe and did not realise until I got to the airport lounge after checking out. It was great to have the staff arrange a quick transfer into my account.

Thank you urban suites for an amazing experience. Unfortunately the other hotels we are staying at are nothing compared to yours and we can not wait to return.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

it is a beautiful serviced apartment with great staff who is ever eager to help you and guide you. The lcoation is very good, just about 7 minutes walking distance to Taksim Square and Istikal street which is full of life till late night and with many restaurent and shopping options. From higher floor you can get clear view of Bosphrous and they have wonderful terrance with sitouts. Each room also has balcony and the apartmetn is located in a quite lane so although near to the tourist area but still provides quiteness once inside the room. Also many supermarket s are next door if you decide to buy any furits etc. The hotel staff is excellent and offer very good service. It can be little difficult to locate though. Pricewise they are comparable to any other five star hotel but with that homely touch it is worth the money. There is a lovely vegetarian / vegan restaurent Falfal at 10 minutes walking distance from the apartment and right behind the apartment is Migros supermarket to buy water, fruits etc.

Room Tip: take higher floor room with bhsphorus view. pls. dont take the groud floor room which may be extreml...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed for 4 nights and had booked 2 suites. The rooms and excellent and the service is outstanding. The view from the room is breathtaking and loved waking up to it. They have a very cute terrace which is my favourite part of the hotel cause the view from the terrace is better than what you can get in any 5 star.
Its very well located, a short walk from taksim square and istiklal strret but just a little difficult to find when you first get here cause its in a very tiny building but the whole experience was amazing. You feel like you have your own apartment in Istanbul.
The Wifi speed was excellent
This is the shortest review I am writing cause there is nothing negative about this place. We could easily cook what we wanted and could get all the supplies easily as there are a couple of department stores within walking distance one being bang opposite the hotel.
Love the place and the views of the Bosophorus are breathtaking. Will definitely come back to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aashka0987
Reviewed 6 July 2014

By outward appearances this 'Hotel' if you can call it that (as I feel it is more suitably described as a Hostel/Extended Stay Apartment) is fine. Clean, nice staff, decent neighborhood. However, the multiple issues we experienced during and after staying here is what leads me to leave such a poor review.

We were visiting Istanbul for a Wedding and booked two 'suites'. I called my third party booking agent to contact the hotel and verify the lay-out of the rooms to ensure it would be suitable for our needs. The first issue occurred when the rooms were not anything as described. As we were not pleased with our accommodations we asked if we could cancel one room and we would keep the nicer one (we decided to switch to somewhere more comfortable and the other couple in our party decided to stay) paying only for the night we used and maybe a second night as a late cancellation fee. They agreed and we kept the nicer room. They kept the keys for the cancelled room and no one stayed in it. However when the other couple returned to the hotel the following night, the night time clerk informed us they had not cancelled our room and we were still paying for it. We were traveling with a large party for the wedding, had we known that we would be paying for the room we would have had someone utilize it. This was extremely bad customer service and very dishonest behavior.

The second and much more serious issue is that shortly after checking into this Hotel and using my Credit Card for only that accommodation and nothing else in the past week I began having fraudulent charges on my account and had to shut down my account.

Thirdly, as we were departing to go elsewhere in Turkey one of our party noticed several of his clothing items missing. When we arrived at our next destination and he was able to throughly look through his suitcase to verify they were indeed missing we contacted the hotel. The hotel informed us that they were very sorry and they "thrown out" his clothing items. Not only is it absurd for a hotel to remove/touch your personal items before you depart but to dispose of them is a serious violation. In my experience, even if you forget an item in the room most hotels will hold on to said item and contact you to return it, only disposing of it when you do not reply for an extended time. These items were removed from the room prior to check-out and included personal items of sentimental value to our friend who had them stolen. This is unacceptable.

I would advise anyone looking for a stress/trouble free vacation to avoid this place. The management of this place need to get ahold of their staff and operations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Anonymous1009
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in March 2014 . Felt like home. It was cosy clean and the service was outstanding. The area is peaceful. The apartment was spacious it's family-friendy. The staff were always there got help and assurance. Definitely coming back again with my parents next year.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends