“AMAZING!!!!!”

Ranked #44 of 1,147 Hotels in Istanbul
Prague, Czech Republic
“AMAZING!!!!!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We have been for three days at Premist and it was a perfect experience which we have never had before! We were welcomed very nicely and the staff was so polite. Even we arrived before the time they did their best to make our room ready and during this time they gave us very helpful instruction about the city. Our room was small but very well decorated and comfortable. The location was amazing! The best thing was breakfast especially FREE esprosso!!!! For sure I Will be back to this amazing Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
Mahir Y, Guest Relations Manager at Premist Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your time to share your impressions about Premist.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is always a great honor for us to welcome you here.

guestrelations@premisthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Premist for 3 nights, and it contributed to making our long week-end in Istanbul a success. We found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. On our arrival we were welcomed with turkish tea and we were given many useful tips on the do's and dont's when going around in Istanbul, in addition to what we should aim to visit in the little time we had. The room was on the top floor with a big window and view over the sea of Marmara, and it was very spacious and clean. The breakfast, buffet style, offered great choice, with freshly pressed orange juice, and omelettes made on the spot. It was so close to all the sites in the old city that we walked most of the time and only took the tram once, to cross the bridge to the get to the Dolmabhace Palace and Taksim square. We saw beautiful mosques and palaces and it was nice to come back to a safe and quiet place every evening. Should we go back, we will definitely return to Premist.

Room Tip: Room on top floor (3rd, I think) with balcony and view to the sea
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
PremistHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Premist Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your impressions about Premist.

It is a great pleasure for us to be able to provide a memorable stay to our guests.

We would always happy to welcome you here in Istanbul as Premist family.

Regards

New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2014

2 nights at the Premist hotel was more than enough. I enjoyed my time there, but I was also ready to leave because the room made me claustrophobic, and there was not really any common space to escape to. I expected the hotel to be much better than it was based on the reviews I read prior to arrival. I stayed at two other hotels while in Istanbul, and both were far better than Premist.

Strengths:
- Great location in the old city.
- Friendly, helpful, and responsive staff
- Beautiful furnishings in the room! Very well decorated!
- Comfortable bed
- Great breakfast

Weaknesses
- Tiny room on the first floor with no natural light or view. It felt like a basement apartment. .
- The room was above the kitchen. It was incredibly noisy in the mornings during breakfast. I'm a heavy sleeper and I was unable to remain asleep both mornings that we were there.

Room Tip: Do not accept a first floor room in building 3. Our room was tiny, loud (above the kitchen), with no...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christopher D
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We started our journey through Turkey in Istanbul, where we were fortunate enough to have found the Premist. It was reasonably priced, was centrally located in the heart of Sultanahmet and the service was amazing. First, when he arrived (at 8 am after a long overseas flight), they gave us access to a bathroom to freshen up (our room was not available until 11) and they took care of our luggage while we wandered the city.

When we returned to check in, they gave us two separate rooms, rather than a double -- at the same rate! The whole staff was incredibly helpful, especially Mustafa and Esin. Their English was good, so it was easy to communicate. They gave us many recommendations -- I would say all were spot on except the Bosphorous cruise and Whirling Dervishes, which weren't highlights. When we asked for directions, they once personally walked us to the place we wanted to go (it was along their walk home).

The rooms are small, but have everything you need and are very clean. They serve a great Turkish breakfast (included in the price of the room). If you are a light sleeper, you may struggle with the 5:30 am call to prayer from the nearby mosque and the wooden floors (which allow you to hear anyone walking in the hallways/on the stairs).

Overall, you can't find a better deal in a better location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor and for your supports.

It is great a honor for us to know that you left with good memories from Istanbul.

We hope to welcome you here again on your next visit to Istanbul.

Tirana, Albania
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I booked Premist Hotel for my short stay in Istanbul, based on the trip advisor community reviews and I was not disappointed. On the contrary!

Everything that is already mentioned is absolutely true and they really make you feel at home, from the nicely decorated areas and rooms to the complementary tea and coffee. Breakfast rich and service always perfect! Housekeeping is also doing quite an amazing job keeping everything spotless. WiFi - I'm amazed - this is the first time I'm travelling in some hotel and WiFi never has a problem!

The trip was a surprise to my mother for the March 8th and I couldn't have selected a better place.

Although I had already pinpointed a few places of interest to visit during our short stay in Istanbul, I realised that I should completely trust Esin as the specialist who made it all easy for us.

She suggested something interesting and entertaining to do each dinner and all those places that we should absolutely not miss!

The hotel is conveniently located near taxi station ;-) in the middle of all the major attractions: Topkapi, Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar, Egyptian spices, some famous historical ham ams, Gylhane Park and hundred of nice restaurants are all within walking distance!

For joggers, the hotel is right across the Kennedy Avenue and Gylhane Park both amazing places to go for a morning jog.

As someone mentioned, the rooms are somewhat noisy, but overall, I'm absolutely totally satisfied and so is my mother! Her happiness was priceless!

Thank you all you guys at Premist Hotel :-)

Can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank axzana
Dear guest,

Thank you for telling how you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your heartfelt supports.

All the family members sends their warmest regards.

We would always pleased to welcome you here at your home in Istanbul.

Regards

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was a guest in this special little boutique hotel for 6 nights and couldn't have had a better stay in the Sultanahmet, especially in this price range. There are so many small hotels in this particular neighbourhood but many are not in great condition. Efforts have been made to refurbish these rooms, which are true to the official photos provided by the website.

Location (a few minutes walk to the Aya Sofya and Blue Mosque) was perfect for me because even when I wasn't touring the nearby mosques, I was walking through the grounds and national park just to get to other areas, including the spice market, Galata Bridge, Beyoglu and ferries to the Asian side (all within walking distance or quick tram ride).

The Premist is owned by a family that owns more than a dozen Istanbul hotels and one of the owners was on site a few times during my stay to ensure that the young staff, all courteous and professional, were giving the best possible service to their guests and, I sensed, because the owner simply loves being part of the hospitality offered at every moment of my stay!

The staff, led by the bright, beautiful and engaging Esin, is first-rate. Props go out to those who made my stay awesome, including Seder, Ramasan (cool dudes!!) and the breakfast host and chef (forgot names!). Also, the other support staff and housekeeping were all great at their jobs (everyday, housekeeping even folded my clothes that i left draped over the sofas!)

The hotel arranged for my private transfer from the airport and welcomed me with a beer and smiles. The restaurant had a first rate breakfast buffet, will prepare any kind of coffee you wish (go with the Turkish, lattes or capps, not the drip) and upon request will prepare made-to-order eggs. The menemen - a Turkish scramble of tomatoes, peppers and eggs is delicious!

The rooms are small but perfectly made up, very elegant with first rate toiletries. I suggest an upgrade to a room with a parlour/ sitting area. High ceilings make even the smaller rooms feel larger and the all-marble showers with antique-fixtures have excellent water pressure and no shortage of hot water!!

The mini bar is stocked with beer, wine soft drinks and snacks but also some room for you to keep your own stuff cold.

(Tip: get an extra room key. Inside the room there is a wall-mounted docking base for the room key and once removed, it turns off lights and AC or heat. It's set up to keep guests from wasting energy but, truthfully, the rooms get cold in the winter months - and I imagine very hot in summer- without even a temperature-controlled, low setting kept on while touring.)

Lastly, I want to thank Esin again, this time for providing her own personal recommendation for a cave hotel in Cappadocia (a hotel she stayed in only a month before my arrival). The Azure Cave Suites in Cappadocia was first class in every way… and affordable!). I stayed at the Azure PRIOR to my stay at The Premist so the Azure Cave Suites "set the bar" very high for the Premist team and the Premist Hotel certainly didn't disappoint!

Bravo!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Chuck R
Dear guest,

Thank you for your precious feedback.

It is a great pleasure for us to know that we were able to provide you a nice stay as Premist family.

We would always happy to welcome you here .

St. Paul, MN
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Loved my two day stay at the Premist hotel in Old Town Istanbul. It was cozy and perfectly located to walk to main sites and lots of restaurants. The staff was so warm, knowledgeable, helpful. You are welcomed with a nice overview of what to do for sightseeing nearby, and there is lots to see, and they offer you right away a refreshment and a bite. I had tea and a delicious slice of cheesecake. I saw another couple enjoy a cold beer and nuts. My room was beautifully decorated and very comfortable, but no view at the category I chose. Will consider upgrading next time. The room was so clean, nice water pressure for shower, and an amazingly comfortable bed. You also have a nicely stocked mini-bar and teakettle in the room. The breakfast buffet offers a lot of variety and some items cooked to order. I was served a delicious omelet. And this was a highlight: I was treated to a Turkish coffee as I was reviewing my guidebooks planning for my 1 intense sightseeing day during a business trip. It felt so special served in a lovely cup. I recommend the Premist, and would consider staying here again. Teşekkür ederim, Musi, Serdar, Esin!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CariocaGirl
PremistHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Premist Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your precious feedback.

We would always happy to welcome you here .