“Good food, cosy place”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We passed this place on the way to the main tourist restaurant street near the blue mosque, and ended up eating here because it was one of the few restaurants who did not hassle us (which can get annoying sometimes in Istanbul).

The food was very good, the staff were really nice and friendly and the prices were good for the area. From what I could tell it looked very clean.

The small street it is situated in is not loud and quite cozy. I would definitely go here again! (Although to be honest every restaurant in Istanbul seems to offer its own little adventure, so I probably wont :))

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We tried this restaurant and did not like it very much.

The food is very basic and quite expensive for was it is (comparing to local prices), they forgot the alcohol in the cocktail and the view from the terrace was not that good (it really depends where you sit: you can have a partial view on the blue). mosque or on roofs).

You can find better Istanbul.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We went to this restaurant because of the good reviews. We were not disappointed. The food was good and very authentic. We started with the meze plate which has stuffed grape leaves, hummus, chili salad and eggplant. It came with some bread which is good because we used that to sop up every last bite. My boyfriend had the lamb iskander kebap. I don't normally like lamb but I helped him finish off his plate! I ordered the chicken crepe and it reminded me of a comforting homecooked meal. The view of the blue mosque was definitely a perk. I would definitely visit this restaurant again. Perfect location, close to everything.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Lovely friendly waiter who stood over us while we ate!. Food was very average. Small meze with dried up browned lettuce to garnish followed by lamb chops. It was our first meal on arrival. It was 4 pm and although food was being served everywhere most restaurants were empty and devoid of atmosphere. Really nothing special about this place and its certainly not deserving of 4/5 stars. It was fairly ,expensive for the quality and quantity that we had.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We sat up on the roof terrace, with a beautiful view of the Blue Mosque, it was our first time at the restaurant, we were alone in that everyone else up there had returned time & time again. The waiter was so friendly and welcoming, the food was authentic Turkish cuisine, and fabulous! We will be back next time we are in Istanbul.