“Superb!”

Ranked #6 of 1,038 Istanbul B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Everything about this hotel, its management and staff is exceptional. The rooms are big and luxurious, the furniture is trendy and comfortable, the bathrooms are modern and extremely clean, the hotel is very secure with someone manning the front desk 24/7, my door was fitted with a digital safety lock and I also had a safe in my room. Also, Wifi internet is available 24/7. I found no fault whatsoever with this hotel.
Each morning I was provided with complementary bottles of water and fresh bottles of bathroom products.
When I booked my room online I reserved a basement room, however upon arrival I was upgraded to a 1st floor room with my own little garden with patio furniture! It was a pure delight.
The hotel was so perfect I spent more time indoors than I intended.
I cannot emphasise how polite, professional and genuinely nice the hotel owners/manager are.
I would definitely LOVE to stay the Ottopera if I visit Istanbul in the future. The walk from the hotel to Taksim takes only 3 minutes, and the walk to Havatash - the airport shuttle is no more than 5 minutes.
If you are lucky enough to find a room in this hotel book it immediately!
P.S. I am a busy traveller and have experienced all kinds of hotels - from 5 star to 3 star - this is the first time I've ever written a hotel review however,as this gem of a hotel really deserves it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

+ The staff and the owner of the hotel were always welcoming and extremely attentive and helpful. Nice artistic decoration, comfortable room, elegant bathroom. Fresh eggs omelet for breakfast.
- pillows could be softer. No elevator but nice exercise!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LourdesFerrer
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Anybody that stays at the Ottopera will feel like they are at home.

Let me preface this review by saying that I am personal friends with one of the owners of this boutique hotel, and that I consider him a dear friend. I have seen the operation that is run at the Ottopera and I am extremely impressed. Travelling for a living, I tend to be very picky with my accommodations - and the Ottopera leaves nothing to be desired. I stayed at the Ottopera during the demonstrations that happened mid year 2013. Mehmet made my wife and I feel safe during this stressful time. I saw him interact with other guests staying at his hotel, and it was clear that they were extremely happy to have him there. He even offered to drive his own personal vehicle to the airport to pick a couple up, through the demonstrations.

Thanks Mehmet for your courtesy and friendship. And for the rest of you, stay here - and I know you will be thankful that you read this review.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We travelled to Istanbul for our honeymoon in April 2013 and booked at Ottopera. Mehmet, the manager is a great guy. He upgraded our room to suite when he found out that we were on our honeymoon. The staff was always very helpful and meticulous with the directions. The place is new and tastefully decorated. The location is superb, minutes from Taksim square and Istiqlal street. The street where the hotel is relatively quiet which is a plus because there is no noise to disturb you at night.

I would highly recommend to anyone who's travelling to Istanbul and wants a perfect place, clean and tidy with hospitable staff, centrally located and great value for money!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravellerPK1407
Malta
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Pros: Very polite and helpful staff. Excellent and modern amenities. Central location: Easy walking distance from Taksim Square. Excellent value for money considering hotel prices in Istanbul. Cannot comment on the breakfast because we had an early check-out.Despite this the staff prepared something for us, which might not be up to their usual standard.

Cons: We booked a ground floor room but were given a basement room (B2) (is it possible that in Istanbul these two are synonymous?!) The room was well planned but rather small. There was no wardrobe; only a clothes hanging space. This was all right for one night but might be a problem for longer stays. Noise was a problem : One could hear what went on in the street above. There is no lift but the staff were most forthcoming with helping to carry the luggage, so it was not a problem.

Room Tip: Avoid B2 if possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2013

A short walk from Taskim Square (8 minutes with the current roadworks breaking up the square), this hotel is very conveniently located on a quiet residential street. Ground floor room off reception that we were in has a lovely sunny terrace area and is an okay size. The shower was powerful and hot and the bed comfy. Nice set breakfast (bread, spreads, cereal, savoury salad items) - I asked about the delicious nutty spread we were served and wanted to buy some, so the guy escorted me to the local shop where he buys it from and bought me some as a gift. Very sweet!

Only down side was that our toilet wasn't flushing properly and so the water was running all night - no one could fix it until after we left.

Staff don't speak amazing English but keen to help and friendly.

Room Tip: The ground floor room just off reception has a lovely sunny terrace that I don't think the other...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I was a little worried as if to book this hotel, since it had very few reviews, but I am glad I did. The hotel is quite new, clean, close to Taksim square (central location in Istanbul). The rooms were more than perfect for our needs. Beds were comfortable and they had a good size. The staff is soooo nice and helpful! The only bad experience I had was that during our visit, they were fixing the street, and made it a little uncomfortable to access the hotel.

The area is safe, a little dark, but nothing to worry about. Taxi drivers had a little bit of a hard time to find the hotel, maybe because its new. If you are taking the trip with friends, I totally recommend this hotel. It's a great price/quality deal. If you are going with family, I suggest you stay in the Nisantasi area, which is much prettier. But overall my experience was excellent. I would go back to this hotel, and totally recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends