“Nice hotel, wonderful service!”
Review of ottopera Hotel

ottopera Hotel
Ranked #7 of 1,051 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Treviso, Italy
“Nice hotel, wonderful service!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

A tiny pretty hotel in smart position (very close to Taksim Square). The rooms are very clean, noiseless, comfortable and well equipped (also with strongbox); the staff is great! The hotel manager suggests and helps you, he's really kind and useful. Recommended!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We choosed this hotel looking reviews and we are totally agree with them... Very nice place in istanbul near taksim square; from taksim you can take funikular and then tram to istanbul city center where to find the most historical and popular sites.
The owner and other staff are kind, the rooms are clean and smell good, bed is confortable and bathroom is not so big but anyway enough to live there some days.
Other important thing to say is that you can have breakfast from 8 to 12 in the morning.. they offer a taste breakfast.
Taxi drivers sometimes don't know in what street the hotel is located.

Room Tip: 301 was reallly good room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Paris, France
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This was the first time I stayed at Ottopera Hotel, a recommendation from colleagues. The hotel is in an older building near Taksim Square. The area is perfect, near the metro/tram lines and close to shopping.
The owner of the hotel is Emre Sezgin. He has done an excellent job redoing the structure and training his team. For restaurants, tips and other practical information, he is the person to talk to. His manager, Mehmet Yanik is equally helpful. I fell sick one morning, and whatever his cure (Turkish tea and toast with cheese) work better than anything.
The price of the rooms really surprised me for what you get. The rooms are clean, all the amenities you need, I spent five days at the hotel, and everyday everything was replenished and cleaned.
The breakfast also pleasantly surprised me. A full Turkish affair with lots of breads and sweets on the side. If you like expresso, ask for it in place of the coffee - it was very good.
The only down side would be the activity in the street, but remember the Turks are nocturnal, so wherever you go in Istanbul, be prepared and enjoy.
I highly recommend Ottopera Hotel. Many thanks Emre.

Room Tip: If you want a room more quiet, you can ask for a room off the street or basement level, but I person...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dubai
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We loved our stay at the hotel..everything was perfect..and they were so nice and helpful.

The breakfast was delicious and they allowed us to check in late..and check out late as well.

Will definitely go back to the hotel as its location was perfect. 5 mins to taksim

• Stayed March 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My Stay at the hotel was for 10 days with my best friend, the room was clean, modern, the beds were amazingly comfortable and the shower was OMG!! just perfect.
The staff were really friendly its like one big family, they were very welcoming and very helpful.
Emre who works morning shift was wonderful always smiling and helped us a lot, Mehmet the owner of the hotel was extremely generous with us and was always there when we needed him. Adam the night shift guy one of the most quite people any one could meet but you can actually feel very safe when he's around. the cleanness of this place was incredible i cant even put it into words. the housekeeping and servers were always smiling as well.
their breakfast is very delicious and was very full fling. the location of the hotel is really good only 5 min walk to Taksim square and the street of the hotel had almost everything from dry clean, supermarket, kebab small restaurant, exchange offices and even hair salon.
Overall we will i would always recommend this hotel to anyone who would like visit Istanbul, i'm sure you wont regret it.If we ever go again its no question we will stay there again!
Mehmet Good Luck and keep up the amazing work. your hotel is beyond beautiful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Strasbourg
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My stay at Ottopera Hotel was great! The staff is very helpful and welcoming! They are always available and kind with their clients. The hotel is very well located, a few steps from Taksim Square!
Don't hesitate to book a room there, you won't regret it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

London
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here for 10 nights in February 2014 and I cannot recommend this beautifully decorated unique boutique hotel enough! I had an amazing experience here, everything was just perfect! Rooms are modern and clean. I stayed on the ground floor which has a little garden terrace at the back (room L2). I was staying with my best friend so we had 2 big twin beds that were super comfy! There was a fridge and safe in the room too. Big LCD TV on the wall that had over 500 channels in various languages, so lots to choose from!

Hotel staff constantly went out of their way to please. Emre (daytime reception staff) took us to the Taksim train station on our first day (about 10 min walk) and even showed us where to change our money. I can't thank them enough for making my stay so easy and enjoyable.
The hotel owner Mehmet, was also incredibly kind and helpful, and made sure we got everything we needed..from the delicious breakfast (to which you don't need to wake up early for like other hotels because it ends around 3pm), to taking our clothes to be dry cleaned/washed for us. At breakfast you will receive a breakfast plate that contains various Cheeses, sliced Cucumbers & Tomatoes, thinly sliced cooked meat, Olive puree (delicious!), Butter, Jams/Chocolate spread and a basket of freshly sliced French bread. They will even make you an Omelette of your choice with it. They also have a little buffet containing Orange juice and various cakes. I was good to go till late evening.

On my last day, I had an evening flight and so Mehmet allowed me to check out late, which was very considerate and even ordered me a taxi to the airport.

Taksim train station and Istikklal Street are in walking distance which was very convenient.

I will definitely without a doubt, stay at this hotel again the next time I visit Istanbul. I am usually quite picky in the hotels I stay in, hence reading the reviews on here first and boy I'm so glad I chose this hotel! They are like family and make you feel at home.

Thank you for everything Mehmet, Emre and Adam....Hopefully it wont be too long until I see you guys again. Teşekkür ediris :)

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely as hotel owner had showed me 2 other rooms before picking my favourite room on...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends