Istanbul Photography Museum
Review Highlights
Hidden Gem

Lovely wee gallery of photography and impressive collection of cameras. The 3 Lira entrance fee is... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
PaddyDiver
Stirling,Scotland
via mobile
Very interesting museum to see the soul of Turkey

Pretty museum with a beautiful exhibition, it`s good chance to see Turkish life from inside. This... read more

Reviewed 4 July 2018
Anastasiia R

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Istanbul
from US$12.69
More Info
from US$13.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I went there after checking the reviews on trip advisor and I must say this place is awesome. They not only have great photographs but the background music creates a great atmosphere. Also, unlike other places in Istanbul, it's very cheap. The adult ticket is 3tl but as a student I spent only 1tl

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This museum was an unexpected find that turned out be amazing! It was right next to a cafe my husband and I frequented (highly recommend that cafe, too, by the way). We decided to go because my husband has a great interest in photography and we were not disappointed at all! The entrance fee was ~5 liras but we got a free entry because it was free for students and educators. It was great to find an attraction in Istanbul that was quiet and not crowded at all. When we visited, they had 6 exhibits including historical photographs from Turkey, artistic photos of the Whirling Dervishes, and photos of famous Turkish photographers/journalists themselves. I got to know about many important moments in the country's history and got a peep into the Turkish culture as well. A real hidden gem. Go explore!

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank MeghaGK
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Istanbul Photography Museum is a very good visit. The museum is located in Fatih, in the historical peninsula, relatively near the Gran Bazar. It gives a nice change in the middle of all the historical sights.

The museum is small and the tickets are 1-3 liras. When we visited they had five different small exhibitions. My favorites were one with pictures from the best Turkish photographers and one that was a collection of press photos since the beginning of the republic. Both were very accurate and professional.

Date of experience: August 2013
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

I did not go there. The address seems to be 60km & a ferry ride from the described location. I would like to go there if the location could be verified.

Date of experience: May 2013
Reviewed 4 March 2013

The museum is not i a very touristic part of the Sultanahmet district, but still about only 15-20 mins by foot from Blue Mosque and is absolutely a must for everyone who likes photography. It's not that big and hosts one permanent exposition and some exhibitions. The museum is on the 2nd floor of the building.The staff is very nice and friendly. I was really impressed by the quality and artistic expression of the works displayed. Exhibition "Cuba" by Izzet Keribar is absolutely fantastic. Museums also gives brief description of the photography history in Turkey.

Date of experience: March 2013