Istanbul Photography Museum
Review Highlights
Very interesting museum to see the soul of Turkey

Pretty museum with a beautiful exhibition, it`s good chance to see Turkish life from inside. This... read more

Reviewed 4 July 2018
Anastasiia R
A good place to see the best in the photography scene in Istanbul if not Turkey

I came upon the sign to this museum from the hotel i stayed in Sultanahmet. However you need to... read more

Reviewed 17 March 2016
WVZ3
Kuching, Malaysia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Istanbul
from US$14.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It was a little tricky to find but once I did, I enjoyed it completely. It was quiet and relaxed and I could move around at my own pace, soaking in thousands of photos taken of Istanbul and Turkey by Turkish photographers. There was so much history in the collection and so much skill in the shots that I left just as impressed as I did walking through the Blue Mosque.

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This museum is in Fatih, 20 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and out of the tourist tracks.
It is not a big place but totally worth the walk and the time: it both showcases amazing Turkish photographers and hosts exhibitions. At the moment the main room is devoted to Stephane Herbert- you do not need to ba a phohtographer to love his vibrant pictures from the most amazing corners of the earth.
We also found some excellent Photography books and the staff was very welcoming.

Date of experience: April 2014
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I went there after checking the reviews on trip advisor and I must say this place is awesome. They not only have great photographs but the background music creates a great atmosphere. Also, unlike other places in Istanbul, it's very cheap. The adult ticket is 3tl but as a student I spent only 1tl

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This museum was an unexpected find that turned out be amazing! It was right next to a cafe my husband and I frequented (highly recommend that cafe, too, by the way). We decided to go because my husband has a great interest in photography and we were not disappointed at all! The entrance fee was ~5 liras but we got a free entry because it was free for students and educators. It was great to find an attraction in Istanbul that was quiet and not crowded at all. When we visited, they had 6 exhibits including historical photographs from Turkey, artistic photos of the Whirling Dervishes, and photos of famous Turkish photographers/journalists themselves. I got to know about many important moments in the country's history and got a peep into the Turkish culture as well. A real hidden gem. Go explore!

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank MeghaGK
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Istanbul Photography Museum is a very good visit. The museum is located in Fatih, in the historical peninsula, relatively near the Gran Bazar. It gives a nice change in the middle of all the historical sights.

The museum is small and the tickets are 1-3 liras. When we visited they had five different small exhibitions. My favorites were one with pictures from the best Turkish photographers and one that was a collection of press photos since the beginning of the republic. Both were very accurate and professional.

Date of experience: August 2013