“Great service, great tour!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Walkabout Travel Istanbul / Day Tours

Walkabout Travel Istanbul / Day Tours
Ranked #123 of 403 Tours in Istanbul
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great service, great tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Walkabout organised a 2 night trip to Ephesus & Cappdocia, and a day trip to Gallipoli for me.
As usual I planned this at the last minute, so I walked in and booked these tours on a Monday night at 7pm and I was on a plane to Ephesus at 7:30 the next morning! There were a couple of obstacles due to the fact it was the end of Ramadan and flights and buses were pretty much full, but Özge was so helpful and patient. After I'd changed my mind a few times she still had the whole trip booked for me within an hour! It was more expensive than advertised but being peak season and last minute it was completely understandable.
The tours were great with the highlights being the balloon ride over Cappadocia and the Gallipoli tour. Being Australian and having family fight there the Gallipoli tour was very special and our Turkish guide was great as he told the story from the allied and the Turkish sides.
At Walkabout you're not just a paying customer - we chatted for ages, drank tea and even shared family photos!
If you're planning a trip in Turkey it's worth dropping in and seeing them!

• Korean first
Zurich, Switzerland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“They ripped us off and were so rude!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We went to this agency based on the recommendation from the hotel we were staying at, and since the hotel has such great reviews we trusted them (big mistake). We booked our tours in cappadocia from Istanbul (big mistake, wait until you reach your destination to book your tours). They over charged us so much, we called them when we got to cappadocia to cancel our bookings and his (Mustafa, what a rude guy) response was: you already paid, I didn't force you, it's your problem. The hotel that recommended this agency called the agency to refund our money or they would not take customers there again, and I guess it was probably all talk. This people are incredibly rude, don't trust them, don't use travel agencies, only book directly with the tour companies you want to use. Good luck in Turkey, everyone we've meet traveling have been ripped off in one way or another, I guess it's all part of the experience!

2 Thank Olga D
Los Angeles, CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Özge was fantastic! She arranged a customized trip to Cappadocia and southern Turkey that went exactly where we wanted to go (unlike some other agents, she was able to get us to Gobekli Tepe). She put us in some wonderful hotels and even managed a last minute change in our plane schedule. Everything went very smoothly (the balloon ride was incredible, by the way), so we highly recommend Walkabout.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank JACTLosAngeles_CA
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent coordination and very professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Booked a 10-day 3-city trip (Istanbul-Capadoccia-Kusadasi) with Walkabout tours and experienced only professionalism throughout. Got my itineraries prepared in detail and emailed to me before travelling, pick-ups and tours were exactly on time, especially loved the Sura Design hotel we were booked into in Istanbul, guides spoke fluent English, but above all, I loved corresponding with and getting to meet Ozge! Met Ozge and Murat at the Walkabout office in Sultanahmet and they were so friendly, warm and hospitable (won't forget the apple tea they served us). We spent a good half hour chatting and getting to know each other, and their assistance and guidance regarding restaurants, places to see, best places to get authentic food, etc. was nothing short of excellent. I would definitely recommend Walkabout to anyone who wants to book a Turkey tour.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank ZKCtravellover
Istanbul, Turkey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Oezge is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

have booked about 6 or 7 trips through oezge. shes the best. make sure to book a trip to cappadocia (make sure to book the ballon as well). save yourself the time and let oezge arrange everything for you.
there is a bunch of shaddy agencies around the sultanahmet area, walkabout isnt one of them.
martin.