“Excellent Guide”

Erol Savda-Private Day Tours
Ranked #165 of 428 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Step-by-step istanbul tours. All you need is strong feet , tram tokens and me. We will see all the highlights and off-the-beaten-paths of istanbul. You will be able to dine like licals do; you will be able to shop like sultans
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I had the good fortune to spend a day and a half with Erol in Istanbul. He has a great wealth of information to share about the history of Istanbul and Turkey. I also found that he is well travelled himself and that he studies various areas of the world. I truly enjoyed being with him and learning more about this great city and the milleniums of civilizations that inhabited this region of the world. I am excited about a return trip to Turkey and to embark on on a week long (or longer) tour of this facinating country. I would definitely book Erol's services for a future tour.

1  Thank Neil M
erolistanbul, Yönetici at Erol Savda-Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

it is so kind of you to make such lovely comments.i will continue with the same enthusiasm

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Erol is an excellent guide. We were in Istanbul two different times and had excellent experiences with Erol. He is knowledgeable and dedicated. I highly recommend his services.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank jan m
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Four of of us, Australians, engaged Erol Savda to take us to Anzac Cove and the Gallipoli Peninsula, from Istanbul and back. It was a very long, but wonderful day. Erol arranged a driver, comfortable vehicle and picnic lunch for us. Throughout the day we enjoyed learning about Turkey, its long history, rich culture and contemporary life. There were very few questions Erol was unable to answer. He enjoys a challenging conversation. It was fascinating to learn about the Gallipoli Campaign while seeing the landscape, landing places, graves and memorials. Erol is considerate, helpful and professional. He is able to to a great variety of tours and is very experienced.

3  Thank wendyloefler
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I spend 1 week with my wife at Istanbul, we visited many attractions, ride in expensive vehicles, dine in fancy restaurants, shopped in grand bazar, ride horse in princess islands and visited Borsa. It was the best trip we ever had. All of that happened because of our guide Erol, he didn’t only take us around the city but he told us all the stories and history behind it, he is certainly the best guide we ever had.

2  Thank Mohammed A
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I spent three weeks in Turkey, and two of those with Erol Savda as our OAT guide. While we began our tour at Sultanahmet Square, our trip was much more extensive. Erol was wonderfully knowledgeable, no matter where we were, and tried to answer some of those hard questions we put to him. I respect his honesty and his endurance. Putting up with a group of 12 for two full weeks, being at our beckon call, dealing with the ups and downs of a road trip and varied activities, is hard, and he managed well. At the end of two weeks my friend and I stayed an extra week in Istanbul. Because of him we had a good feel for the city and he gave me a taste of what it is like to live in Turkey, a world away from my American home. We actually met up with him that last week, and he was at it again, introducing a new group of visitors to the city he loves.

1  Thank rigsby_8