“Not worth the money”

Ranked #101 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
London, United Kingdom
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Avoid room 102 if offered. It is next to a nightclub. This does not stop the hotel giving it to paying guests without warning. We had to move rooms at midnight.

The replacement room had pillows and mattresses that stank.

The spa centre is nice. If that's your priority, this hotel might be for you. Personally, I prefer a comfortable quiet hotel room. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alastair M
Okan_Karadag, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Istanbul Pera, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Mr.Alastair,

Thank you very much for having time to write us.

Please accept my sincere apologies. I am so sorry to read that your experience was far below you were expecting.

Our hotel rooms have soundproof windows for quiet and comfortable rooms.

But we already talked with the authorities about the working hours.

Would you ever plan a visit to Istanbul again, please let us know so that we can make it up for you with gesture.

Looking forward to having you back to our hotel.

Okan Karadag

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 25 July 2014

On a busy road but you do not really notice it. We were on the 6th floor and the traffic noise was pretty quite. Stayed four night and two of them were pretty noisy from above late into the night. Sounded like they were re-arranging the furniture or cleaning floors. Maybe the restaurant was above us? Super easy access getting a taxi and getting to where you want to go because the road is so centrally located. You could walk anywhere in Pera and we walked to and from the Old City but a bit of a hike. Very nice staff. I usually like to stay in a small hotel and its hard to beat a small boutique's ability to really get to know you in a few days but for a large chain the staff was very personal. Also had the gym which the small hotels do not. Stayed in the junior suite which was ok. The hotel is I believe only a year old but it seemed to be a little more worn than that. Stains on the floor.. so so furnishings.. but for a chain pretty good. Pillows are huge I believe down pillows and we would have both preferred smaller pillows. We did not complain about either the pillows or the noise and I suspect the hotel would have tried to fix it if we complained. Great breakfast ! Nice and helpful staff ! Good location !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Mr.Jeff,

Greetings from Pera, Istanbul.

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies about the noise that you hear and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

I would like to inform you that 100% Guest Satisfaction is one Radisson Blu concepts so please be sure that if you told us about the noise and the pillows, it would be a pleasure for us to fix.

It's a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed our hotel facilities like our Botanica Spa and gym. They are always ready to serve you the best.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

London
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

First of all thank you Radisson blu pera. The staff, they are incredible. One girl at front desk her name was c.... ( sorry i forgot ) thank you for all your help and for taking care of our son we had thank you a good time. I would highly recommend this Hotel. The food wow.. Big Thank you to everyone. See you next time.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from sunny Istanbul.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding us.

With pleasure we read that you appreciated your stay and the services provided by our staff.

We would be glad to welcome you soon again at Radisson Blu Hotel, Istanbul Pera.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had a sense of foreboding when the taxi pulled up (approx 35min approx GBP30) in front of the hotel - on a busy main road. But once inside we quickly discovered that its location is in fact perfect. The double-double glazed windows ensure a peaceful interior, and because it's on a slight incline, the property has superb views overlooking the Golden Horn and the old City with its magnificent mosques lot up at night. It also became apparent that the property is perfectly located for the famous pedestrian street leading to Taksim Square with the largest choice of the best restaurants in Istanbul! We stayed in a business class room - all of which I think enjoy the views. The beds are extremely comfortable with lovely soft feather pillows. Very small but adequate bathroom (shower only). Nice touches include the pencil bed lights to minimise disturbing the other person:). Sumptuous breakfast buffet. Rooftop terrace bar and restaurant - great for sunsets. Lovely tranquil spa in the basement with small pool. We enjoyed a Hamam treatment and massage. All the hotel staff were friendly and efficient. Shame about the leftover room service crockery left further along the corridor for an entire day. Oops. We booked 2 half day tours with the hotel. Highly recommend both: Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque and the Grand bazaar one morning and then an afternoon boat cruise including a visit to the wonderful spice market. So much more to see. Three days barely enough time!

Room Tip: Pay the extra bit for a Business Room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank steynnm
Okan_Karadag, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Istanbul Pera, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. These comments motivates us for better services and more happy guests.

Our location provides you and our valuable guests to being away from the city crowd just in the city center! It's so convenient for both business or leisure travelers that we are literally in the middle of all touristic attractions and also being close to famous restaurants.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed our hotel facilities like our rooftop restaurant Hamdi and our Botanica Spa. I am also happy that you found my team to be friendly and assist you with daily tours recommendations, for helping out with reservations and suggestions on how to enjoy Istanbul.

Thank you so much for recommending our Business Class rooms. It is a pleasure to serve you the benefits of Business class rooms like complimentary ironing services, free pay tv, Nespresso machine and the daily newspaper.

We hope to see you again and keep on exploring Istanbul with us!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at the Radisson Blu Istanbul Pera the second week of June this year. Finding the place wasn't easy since we arrived at the airport around midnight, picked up our rental car and found that the GPS didn't recognize the hotel name. Luckily the rental car attendant was willing to direct us part way, and then called the hotel from my colleagues cell. They told us we were only about ten minutes away, and if we didn't show up soon they would call us back. When we showed up there was a concierge on the sidewalk waiting for us.

Great check-in experience, and overall a very nice hotel to stay in. Apart from all the luxurious touches the people are incredibly nice. This was my first time in Turkey, and I didn't know what to expect. What I found out was that everyone I met in Turkey was incredibly nice.

The hotel itself is a modern and luxurious place to stay. The breakfast was great, bar was very comfortable, with wifi included, which was valuable since I was working as well as trying to watch the Portugal world cup match.

My room was very comfortable, even spacious, with a minibar and excellent appointments. Although it looked out over the street the noise was negligible, in spite of the 24 hour Istanbul traffic.

They have a roof-top restaurant, Hadim, actually not part of the hotel, as you can not charge your drinks or meals to your room, but very nice atmosphere, and a great view of the city. I wasn't as impressed with the food there as I was in other restaurants I ate at, but it was better than most hotel restaurants.

Overall, I can say that the Radisson Blu helped me get over my culture shock by providing a welcoming, comfortable and attractive home base from which to explore. The staff are exemplary, and I honestly couldn't find anything that I think they could improve.

This is a pretty vague overall review, so if anyone has any specific questions feel free to contact me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Wes S
Dear Mr.Wes,

Greetings from sunny Istanbul and thank you very much for sharing your tips with other travelers.

What motivates us most, what makes us the happiest is to receive a sincere thank you from our guests. I am glad that we have become your favorite on your business trips.

I am happy to read that we helped you to over culture shock. Turkish people known for their extreme hospitality. We have a service motto at Radisson Blu hotels; "Yes I Can!" which is tapped with traditional Turkish hospitality.

I totally agree with you about the breakfast. We have a Super Breakfast service concept and it's one of the Radisson Blu privilege . We offering almost 200 different items always fresh, local and seasonal.

All in all, I am so happy to have received your compliments .I hope your travel plans may bring you back to this part of the world in the future and we would be happy to have the chance to host you again.

Brigham City, Utah
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed here for two days on a quick trip to Istanbul. The hotel is very nice with incredible views. The rooms are very comfortable, clean, and modern. Access to the old city center was very easy. The staff are very accommodating and really go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable. I must say, however, that the breakfast was my favorite part! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to this amazing city.

Room Tip: Business class rooms offer amazing views of the Golden Horn.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christopher C
Dear Mr.Christopher,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay and for recommending us to other travelers.

100% Guest Satisfaction is one of Radisson Blu concepts and our staff is well trained to provide utmost attention to the guests.

It was a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our hospitality, service and staff. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My work colleague and I stayed at the Radisson Blu Pera over the last weekend in May that happened to coincide with the 1 year anniversary of the Gezi Park protests. Given that the hotel is so close to Taksim square, I was quite surprised that the hotel staff did not warn us about the 7pm rally in Taksim and that the bridges from the old center to Pera would be closed in the evening -- that caused a major headache for us! But this aside, the hotel itself was beautiful, very clean and modern, with one of the best breakfasts I've ever had.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kimberly W
Dear Ms. Kimberly,

Greetings from Pera and thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies, due to problems arising from external factors. As we informed, the first year anniversary of Gezi Park protests supposed to be located in Taksim Square.

The measures taken by the police has been suddenly.Unfortunately, it was not possible to inform all guests at the same time.

Furthermore, I am so glad to read that you liked our hotel, service and breakfast. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.