“An adorable hotel...a perfect stay!”
Review of Faik Pasha Hotel

Faik Pasha Hotel
Ranked #38 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We just arrived from a 9 day trip to Istanbul. My girlfriend and I choose to stay in this hotel after checking the reviews on tripadvisor and booking.com.
In one phrase the hotel was super!
Let me give you some details.
The location is perfect. It is very close, 10 mins by foot, to Istiklal str, the main pedestrian lively road. It is also 10 mins walking to Tophane tram station. This tram line brings you after one stop to Galata bridge, Spice bazzar and a couple more stops to to Soultanahmet where Aghia Sophia, Hippodrome, Top Kapi, Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern are situated. The neighborhood is full of cosy coffee shops, little restaurants, bookstores, shops with new designers cloths, antiques etc.
The building, actually 2 buildings, were perfectly renovated. I had the impression that we were the first guests in the room. Every floor has one room. We stayed on the 3rd, the top floor and we enjoyed the nice veranda. In the room you could find anything you could expect from a modern 5star hotel like plasma smart TV with free internet connection and nespresso coffee machine. The only little problem I can find is the size of the room which is not really too small but its packed with lot of stuff so you have not much space for your luggages. You imagine that we have a couple big luggage for a 9day trip plus shopping bags. Of course I understand the limits they had due to the old building's dimensions.
Another plus is the hamam you can find in the basement of the building.
The breakfrast was incredible. Nice variation and very good quality. Simply I found everyhting I was needing for my morning start.
And last but not least, the stuff. Everybody was very friendly, proffesional and helpful. A special note for the adorable lady who owns the hotel. She is a very nice person with an elegance which certainly influenses every part of this small beautiful hotel.
Do I have to tell where I will be staying next time to Istanbul?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Meral D, Sahibi at Faik Pasha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Our Guest,
As I wrote in your friend Kosta's Comment Responce I red the book which you gave me as a present and once again want to thank you,Kazancakis is a very precious novelist and knows the Mediteranean Culture which is shared by Turks and Greeks.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about Faik Pasha Hotels.I can not add more....
As you see we are working very hard to create a nice and perfect atmosphere to our guests in Faik Pasha Hotels and when we receive these sincere comments like yours I and my stuff gain confidence to carry on our work.
We are looking forward to see you and your friends again in Faik Pasha Hotels.
Best regards to you and your girl friend.
Av.Meral Kalav Demir

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Conveniently located, wonderful staff, great massage therapist in the Haman. Rooms are small but tastefully decorated. Quiet side street within a 10 min walk from the main tram station. Sevim at the front desk was a delight and very, very helpful. be sure and take the address and phone number with you so the taxi drivers can find it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This lovely Boutique Hotel is a great find. The location is perfect, it's only a few minutes walk to Taksim area. Even through you're in the centre of a huge city, the street itself is pleasantly quiet and safe. The neighbourhood has loads of wonderful antique shops and we loved wandering around the streets stopping off at the many many cafe's and bars.
We were made to feel really at home by the hotel staff who were very friendly and always helpful. Our suite was beautifully decorated and had everything that you need.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to explore and get to know the real Istanbul

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kate p
Meral D, Sahibi at Faik Pasha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear our Guest,

,Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We were really very happy when we heard that we could meet all of your expectations during your stay ,and now you share this nice comments in Trip Advisor with the people who look to our hotel.

As you promised we are looking forward to wellcoming you again soon.
Best regards and thanks.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I found this lovely and brandnew hotel from Trip Advisor and we we have 10 days in Turkey and stayed there 4 nights.The suit was perfect,more than home.Cosy,friendly,noble,clean,luxurıous,easy to reach everywhere by public transport.with very reasonable prices.Safe area,nice street,location is sn the centre of the old city.Night life,vintage shops,bohemian atmosphere.Antique shops,flea markets,Museum of Innocence..We learn a lot about this modern and Islamıc society.I love it.Cihangir is a nice district,cafes,bars,restaurants.....
Staff is perfect,english spoken,I got lots of info about the daily life of an Istanbulite...Saw the city life just like a young couple who lives in this district.This is what we always looking for when we go abroad...
We can not come back again but certainly reccomend this lovely hotel,country and people to our friends...
Thank you for all...Sevim,Metin...

Room Tip: Executive rooms,for 3 persons,perfect accomadation,just like home
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Adele H
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed at the one of the suites for five nights. The experience was fantastic. We felt like we were staying in a rich friend's house instead of a hotel.
Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful.They were always ready to help..
The hotel decorated beautifully and comfortably.. Paintings, furnitures, carpets, lamp shades are amazing.. They have all different type of high tech appliances ( like 3D tv, ipod docks.. ) as well.. We travel a lot and we know how important the cushion and mattress quality when you are tired after a long long walk all around a new city..We appreciated that they do take care of their guests..
I think location vise is the one of the best in Istanbul... You can reach historical side really easily by public transport..It is wrapped around vintage boutiques and really nice shops..
We tried Turkish bath and enjoyed a lot.. we will never forget.. It was a life time experience..
Breakfast is a real feast..Please take it seriously and prepare your self you need at least 40 minutes for breakfast.. Home made cakes, breads, ''BOREK'', lots of different type of cheese, fresh fruits, good quality coffee and tea..
Highly recommended..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank steven c
Reviewed 21 August 2013

If you would like to go to Istanbul I really reccomend this luxurios butique Hotel in Beyoğlu.It is really fantastıc place and very comfortable rooms,they were very helpful to organize my days.It is sıtuated in the center of the old cıty so it is very easy to reach Sultanahmet and Bosphorus by public transport.Decoration is beautıful and the room was very clean.Garden was very green and quıet had a wonderful breakfast and dinner there.Thanks a lot.

Room Tip: My room was very good: third floor with its prıvate terrace.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Helena J
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed at Faik Pasha this sumer and enjoyed our stay a lot. The hotel is located at an ideal neighbourhood close to several local and vintage boutiques, shops, cafes restaurants and attractive night life. The hotel staff was very welcoming and the rooms were very clean and well decorated. I would definitely recommend this hotel for my friends, it's worth the price for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends