“A Fun Istanbul Experience”

Giycek Old Time Photo Studio
Ranked #29 of 546 Shopping in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Giycek Old Time Photo Studio is the one & only old time photo studio in Istanbul and it is based in Galata district very close to both Galata Tower and Tunel Square on Istiklal Street. Our issue is to provide fun, original, unforgettable experience and long lasting memory of Istanbul for Istanbul travellers. We have a wide range of costumes of different periods during Ottoman Era under the concepts of Dynasty, Millitary and much more.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had a great time at Giycek Old Time Photo Studio. Going through the experience is just as fun as the pictures are to take home to show to friends and family. Lots of laughs on Facebook too. Do it -- and have fun!

2  Thank LoganF69

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We visited Giycek Old Time Studio after seeing the reviews on trip advisor, and wanted a unique souvenir to remember our trip to Istanbul. We were caught in traffic and were huffing & puffing, late for our appt, but they were very patient and professional in helping us select the costumes, packages etc. We enjoyed the experience
& love the photos! Thank you!

1  Thank Jsylph
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I did the shooting with my mom. Had soooo much fun! The photographer is a very attentive young lady, helped with the poses and let us exchange the costumes as well. We paid 180 tl for 6 digital photos.
I'd recommend for everybody!!

2  Thank Alina B
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We came in at the end of our time in Istanbul and had such a fun time. There were a ton of costumes to choose from and the "photo-shoot" was really fun! It's a great souvenir and we had a ton of laughs posing in silly positions and taking the pictures! It's more expensive than the other options available at the tourist attractions but worth every penny! You get to take a lot of pictures and chose which ones you like best in a smaller setting. The girl that took our pictures and helped us was SO nice! It's a must do for anyone looking for a fun souvenir!!

4  Thank Hollylynne22
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I discovered it on tripadvisor and I was very tempted by this experience .. located in the Galata area that is warm .. my wife and I were amazed by the kindness of both as managers and their original studio .. I suggest you strongly to take a ride home and put the ancient costume of the Ottoman Empire.

3  Thank Sliders D