“clean, beautiful and lovely!”

Nidya Hotel Galataport
Ranked #328 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 7 June 2014

we spent 3 days at Nydia, with my mom, our Room was clean with big windows facing the sea, we watched big big ships every morning on Galataport from our windows, the the prices was good the location was perfect, staff were nice and very helpful. its close enough to Taksim sq, to get there with 5-6 TL with taxi, and close to the port (10min (max) by walking) which you can go to islands like Buyukada or princess with 5TL tickets. the best thing was the Galataseray and Dolma bahce palace near the hotel, you can get there 10-15 min walking or 5 min by bus.
The breakfast was good, I enjoyed it very much. and the best thing was free tea and coffee in the room. wifi was pretty good in every floor, and even a little bit outside of the hotel :). you should try sitting outside drinking something checking your phone at night. and another thing to try is going to rainbow stairway near hotel, witch is beautiful for photographing.
the only problem was the front desk people didn't know english so well,I know turkish so it didn't bother me that much, but if you don't know turkish it may cause you problem.
if I wanna go to Istanbul again this hotel is my choice.

Room Tip: the rooms facing the ocean, with all those ships at the port, such a nice view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jazminkathrin

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 days at a rate of about $150/night. At that price it was decent but not a good deal by any stretch of the imagination. Nice enough people at the front desk, but English is not very strong (of course, it was better than my Turkish, so I shouldn't complain!). They have "spa" facilities on the first floor that are free to guests if you make a reservation. Basically, they have a sauna, shower, and small hammam. They offer massage, etc. for a fee and maybe if you pay for these expensive services they pay attention to you, otherwise the woman that staffed the desk couldn't be bothered to look up from her newspaper. Her English was limited to a dismissive "go there, go there" and a wave of the hand when we asked how to use the facilities (do we change there? what do we change into? is the sauna unisex or coed? exactly what do you do in the hammam?). She couldn't be made to engage us in any kind of exchange; we tried to figure it out on our own and then just left. Very frustrating. they give you a free bottle of water on arrival. Don't expect anything after that. Breakfast is fine. The "bistro" on the terrace doesn't serve food...
All in all, a decent room (VERY comfortable bed) in an okay location, but nothing special.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tombstoner
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The hotel Nidya is relatively new hotel. The taxi driver who took me there from the Ataturk airport stated that it was only five months old, which one of the guys in the reception confirmed. The hotel is located down hill from the Taksim Square. The Taksim Square is a major tourist and leisure district famed for its restaurants, shops, and hotels. It is considered the heart of modern Istanbul, with the central station of the Istanbul Metro network. The hotel is situated near the water not far from the Modern Art museum. The location is actually quite nice because it gives you good possibilities to walk to many sites.

I arrived just after sundown and the drive from the airport took close to one hour due to rush hour, it can actually take up to two hours if everything goes wrong. The taxi driver was a nice guy who knew the city after more than 28 years of driving in Istanbul. He asked me to code the phone number of the hotel, so he could be sure to find the hotel straight away.

The hotel had a nice appearance and I was received by a bell-boy at the entrance. He took my bag and guided me to the reception where my reservation already was ready. I was told that I was given an upgrade and I was given a room on fifth floor facing the road and the water, which turned out to bed great the following morning.

The room was well designed in soft colors and lightwood everywhere. There was a closet just at the entrance with a safe and morning robe. The room was fairly large and it felt really well entering it. I liked the design that felt light, bright and relaxing. The colors were used well with the lightwood and dark brown curtains and beige bed cover. There was a nice long desk a flat screen on the wall. There was a nice bench to put the suitcase and there was a fridge with some cold drinks that could come in handy. The bathroom was nice with a modern design in all the appliances.

I arrived pretty late at the hotel and I was getting hungry so I decided to eat at the hotel instead of trying to find a restaurant. The restaurant turned out to be pretty okay. I ordered a tomato and cheese salad and some kebab and a bottle of local white wine and all was pretty. The following day I had lunch there where they served a buffet and that was also good. The food prices were fair and even the wine in the restaurant was really cheap. The only thing that surprised me negatively was the price for a gin & tonic in their bar, which was too steep.

When I left I was pretty sad I had not decided to stay a bit longer in this place because it was a nice hotel and the surroundings were really nice. It was close to the water and some nice museums.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Nidya Hotels G, Yönetici at Nidya Hotel Galataport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Chokk

For your stay in our hotel and thank you very much for your constructive comment. Next time we are also honored to welcome you in our hotel.

Most sincere regards,

Emre TUVAN
Operation Manager

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed here for a week during April and overall I was quite satisfied with the hotel. The prices are good compared to other less attractive properties in Istanbul, and the location is close to all the interesting spots, meaning that you need to rely minimally on taxis/public transport.

The staff is very frienldy and helpful! The always did everything they could to help and I really felt satisfied with the level of service.

On the other hand there are also a few downsides. First of all, when we arrived we were told we were upgraded to superior rooms for free. This sounded great until we realised the room was on the first floor facing the busy street. We couldn't sleep that night so we asked to be downgraded back to a standard room facing the back, whcih turned out to be much better.

Also, there is no ventilation in the bathrooms. This is strange because this is a newly built hotel and I would immagine ventilation is a standard. The bathroom was constantly damp, but it was livable.

Also, there are very few towel racks and coat hangers, making it difficult to be organised. This is easily fixed though. The pillows are a catastrophe.

The TV offers almost only turkish language channels and the hotel IPTV system is very limited, and doesn't seem to be functioning properly.

My main complaint about this hotel is the poor management of the roof garden. There is a beautiful roof garden on the 8th floor with a stunning view of the city. If they asked me, I would concentrate most of the hotel's activities up there. On the contrary, we were able to have a served drink up there only once for an entire week! All the other times they used excuses like "rainy weather", etc. which was not the case. Also, the hotel breakfast finishes at 10, and the terrace is open only from 11, meaning that if you want to enjoy the view you have to sit arround in the hotel for an hour. It's almost as if they are discouraging guests to use this great facility!

Other than that I can say the hotel is a good value for money and would recommend it - but probably for a shorter stay.

Room Tip: Don't choose sea-view rooms, there is no sea view and they are much noisier. Ask for higher floo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lex3210
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

It is a very kind and nice hotel with friendly staff. Unfortunately the first room we had was room 614 and that was a very small room, also it was very hot in the room and the air condition couldn't go lower. So we did the window open but there was a lot of noise. We went back to the reception and told our problem, they apologized and we got a other room. This room was perfect! The rest of our stay was perfect also the breakfast was delicious! .

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank FredvanhetNederend
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Everything was nice except that our room was at the back side facing the cafe/bar so we had all the smoke and noise all day. Since the weather was rainy the whole time, they didn't open the top of it and the A/C in the room was not working because it was in the winter mood when it was 18 degrees outside. So we had absolutely no fresh air and even the hall was cooler than our room. Other than that, very good breakfast!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank gulfff
Nidya Hotels G, Yönetici at Nidya Hotel Galataport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Gulff
First of all we would like to thank you for your comments. All comments help us to see what we need to improve. We pay much attention on our guest’s comments. You’ve stayed in a room facing with Garden Cafe. This unit of the hotel is the only place where our guests can smoke. It has a collapsible ceiling system. Opening the ceiling is the subject of weather conditions. Central AC system’s temperatures are set to 19’ for the summer season and 25’ for the winter season. We would appreciate if you could contact with the reception regarding that issue. We would love to do our best to fix it. We would love to give you a different side of room for your next visit.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We went there for 1 week and it was the best hotel we have booked until now in Istanbul.
The staff provided the best service for us, particularly Mr Okan and Mr Yunus at the reception. The rooms are clean and everything is new. There is a nice smell in the whole building all the time, it made us feel like home.
We had no view from the window but it was not a problem because the city facilities were near the hotel (Tophane and Findikli tramway stops are at about 200 meters)
No comment on the breakfast buffet: It was delicious!!
Thank you Nidya Hotel, we will certainly come back soon :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Funda D

Dear Mrs. Funda

First of all, thank you very much for staying in our hotel.This beautiful wishes the whole team were shared with friends.We hope to see you in Nidya Hotel Galataport again.