“Perfect from A to Z”

Ranked #1 of 1,051 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“Perfect from A to Z”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We just came back from a 24h business trip from Istanbul.

The hotel is located in the heart of the Old Town near the big Bazar. A great location for food, shopping and a good starting point for every Istanbul adventure.

Seda, the hotel manager, received us very cordially and was very helpful. You can ask her everything, and she will give you the answer with a smile...

The room was just far beyond our expectation. We just wanted to book a clean budget business hotel near the company of our business partners. But with Nea Suites Old City we just got a spacious luxury room with an excellent price/earning ratio. We really enjoyed our short stay and we ve definetely found our hotel for our future business trips ;-)...

Book Nea Suites Old City and you will get a unbeatable package for Istanbul...

Looking 4ward 2 come back again (for a few more nights this time ;-)...

kind regards

Jelena & Sascha from Zurich

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank S M
Cem D, Genel Müdür at Nea Suites Old City, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Jelena & Sascha,

Thank you very much for your kind and amazing review about our hotel, and we are very glad to read your all good ideas about us. Since we are giving to much importance of our guests' ideas and critics, we are very motivated thanks to your kind review. As a new hotel in Old City, we are improving our quality day by day, and our guests contribute this progress with their ideas all the time.

Please do not forget that you will be always welcome here, and we will gladly serve you every time better than the previous one. And please always remember that you are a member of our big Nea Suites Old City family.

Please feel free to contact with us for any kind of assistance from Istanbul or Turkey, and we will gladly assist you.

Hope to see you soon here again.

Mr. Cem Dalcı

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The rooms are large, comfortable, clean, and quiet (even with the tram eight feet away from your window). The location is perfect--a five or ten minute walk away from some of the major attractions in Istanbul. The staff were very knowledgeable, friendly, and offered many helpful hints on how to best experience the old city. Breakfast was good, since the hotel lacks a kitchen, your selection was delivered to the coffee shop.

There are some cons. The hotel needs to invest in an ice maker. Since the coffee shop serves as the lobby, there is a limited area in which to meet people. There is a need for simple instructions on operating the room's air conditioning systems. There is no elevator service from the coffee shop to the 1st floor. Cleaning service forgets to replace towels. Hotel is hard to locate on the street.

Regardless of the above paragraph, I easily would stay here again and have no problem recommending it highly.

Room Tip: The room on the seventh floor offers a terrace view but the elevator only goes to the sixth floor. Y...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bothercollie
Cem D, Genel Müdür at Nea Suites Old City, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review about our hotel, and we are glad to know you during your accommodation. About the cons, you are certainly right, and thanks to your constructive review, we have improved our service which you emphasize.

Since we are a new hotel, we are aware of that we might have some mistakes or missing parts and we are trying to improve ourselves every day with the assistance of our guests' ideas as well.

You can be sure that you will see our improvements when you come back here, and please do not forget that you will be always welcome here.

Please feel free to contact with us for any kind of assistance from Istanbul or Turkey.

New York, NY
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We are just wrapping up our stay at the beautiful Nea Suites. The hotel is perfectly situated just a few short minutes from the old city attractions (Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Cistern, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, etc.) We were in Istanbul only a couple of nights on our way to Greece but our stay here made us want to return soon!

Staff is excellent. Not obsequious, just very helpful. The manager explained that the hotel was opened in January & they're still working to get their groove. From our perspective, it meant that they worked with us on anything we needed. We like the concept with the coffee shop without a lobby. It gives a nice, clean and modern feel. There's a flight of stairs up before the elevator, but the staff will insist on taking your bags for you. Each time we entered the hotel, after a short wait the staff would prepare us a complementary Turkish coffee with an assortment of dessert options. They wanted to send us home fat! We offered ample tips in return, but I doubt they were specifically expected.

Our room was quiet, clean, large and well-designed. I believe there is one room per floor (ours was on floor 6 with a beautiful view of the Bosphorus.) I believe that the 7th floor room is the one with the balcony & best views. (Note that the elevator only goes to the 6th floor, however).

A 5 minute walk and 3 TL later you can be on the ferry to Üsküdar - a gorgeous ride at sunset - and see Asian Istanbul. We ate at a delicious cafeteria-like restaurant called Kanaat (for which the hotel staff, when asked, helped us to find directions).

The rooms are called "suites" but by my definition, they're really more of a large room - bigger than a typical hotel room, so wonderful. The bathroom has a fantastic shower with plenty of water pressure & hot water.

It was a wonderful stay and we offer our highest recommendation for this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank rosapetal
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review about our hotel, and we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We are trying to create a warm atmosphere for our guests and trying to make them feel like at their own home.

Since we are roasting our own Turkish Coffee, we are gladly offering our all guests to try it for showing the real Turkish hospitality as well.

Please do not forget that you are a member of our big family, and you will be always welcome here. Also I would like to remind you that we are very glad to know you during your accommodation on the behalf of my all staff as well.

Please feel free to contact with us anytime you need assistance from here.

Hope to see you here again.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This was my first time in Istanbul. The hotel is really close to all the main attractions. You can walk to everything. The room is clean, very well furnished and big.
Every morning the breakfast was excellent. I don't have anything bad to say about this hotel. I would definitely go back one time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank stef098
Cem D, Genel Müdür at Nea Suites Old City, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind review about our hotel, and it was a pleasure to serve you in our hotel during your accommodation.

Our family is getting crowded and please do not forget that you are one of the member of this big family. And you will be always welcome here. Please feel free to contact with us for any kind of assistance from Istanbul, and we will gladly assist you.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Nea Suites Hotel in Istanbul. The first issue is actually finding the hotel. There is no lobby, just a café/coffee shop. I walked by it several times and when I asked shopkeepers within 100 feet of the hotel for help, they didn't know where it was either. I finally found it and realized that you check in at the back of the coffee shop, the same place you pay for your coffee and pastries. The staff was very friendly and I had booked a room with a terrace located on the seventh floor. To get there, you have to walk up one flight of stairs, then take a small elevator to the sixth floor, get off and walk up the last flight...awkward.
The room itself was very large, bright and stylish. The terrace had a lovely view. I was the only guest staying at this hotel and when I left late in the afternoon the second day, returning several hours later, my room had not been made. I asked about this and was provided towels and sheets so I made my own bed etc. I then went out for a 4-5 hours and upon return, the minibar was not stocked with coffee, the waters hadn't been replaced etc. I went down the stairs, then elevator, then stairs again for water.
I checked out on day 3 and was very surprised to be charged an extra 40 TL for the water. I was quite stunned to hear this, considering I paid 567 Euro for 3 nights, during Ramandan, as the only hotel guest during this time and attending to my own housekeeping services. I was told that only the manager, not available at that time, could make adjustments to the charges. It wasn't about the money really, just very irritating. I travel to Istanbul frequently, have stayed in many hotels and despite the nice room, was a very poor value overall. The lack of lobby, the two flights of stairs required to get to the room and apparent inexperience of the (night) staff have made this hotel go to the bottom of my list. I know that other reviewers have rated it highly (the reason for my initial choice) but really there are much better choices.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Heather N
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

It is very cute place at the old town near historical places. But the best thing is a room on the top of it: beautifull view to Bosphorus and city. Service is good. Rooms are clean. And I like turkish coffee in this hotel

• Stayed June 2013
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This is a small newly renovated boutique hotel, located very close to Sultanamet, transport, the harbour and Grand Bazaar and numerous good restaurants close by.
The staff are helpful, friendly very willing to provide information and suggestions for sightseeing. Excellent breakfast is provided in the small trendy street level cafe. The room is spacious with modern striking decor and comfortable furniture.
Good value hotel in great location

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple