“Hidden gem”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kadıköy
Description: Taste Point of Kadikoy
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Recommended by a family member.
We received a great welcome. Food very good and exceptional value for money.
Can be difficult to find.

1  Thank Travelswithcharlee

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Tucked away in the backstreets of Kadikoy, this small authentic Turkish restaurant is well worth hunting out. As you pass the many restaurants that tout for your business and climb the steps to this plainly decorated restaurant, you can be forgiven for thinking that you should have stopped elsewhere. However although the menu may be basic, the food is exceptional. In addition the staff are incredibly welcoming and very modest. To our delight, after taking our order the waitress heading into the kitchen to prepare our starter.
Finally, it has to be one of the cheapest places that I have ever eaten in Istanbul. Certainly one to return to again and again. Do not miss out!

3  Thank Smiddlet
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Tucked away in the hustling back streets of Kadikoy we found this restaurant courtesy of T.A.

Superb food and personal service. This homely small restaurant warrants its high rating as the combination of quality food and service makes for an excellent evening. Equally humbling is the owner didn't even know how high her establishment was rated. A genuine gem of a restaurant.

Bravo!

3  Thank RMiddleton
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We ate lunch here on our last day in Istanbul and it was one of the best meals we had. For me, one of the really nice things was that they had vegetarian options but the food still seemed really authentic and delicious.

It's a charming little spot on a side street on the asian side of Istanbul. The furnishings reminded me of a seaside place like cape cod.

Four of us shared mixed mezz - all very good, then I had manti - apparently a typical central Anatolian dish. It's like firm little tortellini in a spicy tomato -based sauce with garlic yogurt on top. So good! It was a huge bowl which I couldn't finish (trust me - I tried).

We finished with Turkish coffee. The whole bill for 4 people was 81 TL (which is 40 USD and about 27 GBP)

3  Thank Rschwartz375
Reviewed 13 February 2014

After eating my fill of durums and kofte it was nice to eat some other dishes. I ate there twice in my time in Kadikoy and both times the food was excellent value. I particularly recommend the "Hunkar Begendi', which was veal with a rich sauce on pureed eggplant (like babaganoush). The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and the staff were very friendly and speak excellent English. I'll definitely go back next time I visit Istanbul.