“Good, Bad & the Ugly”

Ranked #66 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Good, Bad & the Ugly”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I know you must be wondering why I titled my review as such.

Good stuff: Brand new hotel with out of the world gym facilities. Koray at the Conceirge, Mehtap and Bora from the Club lounge were exceptional people. Koray was like Mr Efficient attending to our enquiries at a blink of an eye, Mehtap and Bora were the only ones at the Club Lounge greeting and talking to the guest. Mehtap remembered that one of my family asked for warm milk and every evening without fail and without our asking she places a cup of warm milk at our table.

The view from the Club Lounge is like great. One can see the Bosphorous river and planes landing.

Bad: Its Location is way out of most of the major attractions but I guess if its meant to be a conference hotel it ought not to be an issue.

Ugly: Whilst most of the staff at the conceirge were friendly and smiled the same cannot be said of the staff at the Executive lounge. The word plastic came to my mind when I see those ladies in red and those sitting at the counter (sorry guys but this is my honest opinion)

The reason for my rating was simply that hotel has loads to offer to a business traveller and if I am travelling for work I will return to this hotel because I will not be bothered by my "bad" and "ugly" comments

Room Tip: Room with a view of the Bosphorous will be ideal
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosalia D
Remco_Norden, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to see you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and taking the time to post your valuable comments. This feedback is critically important to us in our ambition to become better, each single day.

Once again many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center soon.

Kindest regards,

Remco Norden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Montreal
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti at the end of February 2014. The hotel was very nice and clean but it was also brand new. I don't know if I go to this hotel in 2 years it will be as nice since you could see that the quality of the material use was not "top of the line".
The breakfast buffet was very nice with lot of choices. The dinner also was nice. The pool and gym facily are good. There is a bar at the top of the hotel with a very nice view. The staff at the hotel was extremely nice and helpful.
The location is not the best: it is not in the middle of the town, in the heart of dowtown. You have to walk about 7 minutes to go to the subway station or you can take a cab. Overall it is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response after your recent visit.

I was delighted to see you had much enjoyed your overall stay with us and I have taken the liberty to share your positive evaluation of the hotel with our Team.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Sometimes you rush from one conference to another, meanwhile you can skip feeding yourself. While was in a conference and had no chance to at least have a sandwich hilton bomonti does a fabulous job with a personal touch especially Mr Yakup Emir from banquet team. In 5 min. I had at least quick apperative and was able to concentrate to rush again. Such huge place we you might wonder of getting lost but hilton team just follows you and be ready at all times a very big thank you! Well done!!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Bomonti and for sharing your kind comments with regards to our hotel.

It is a real joy and motivation to read such overall positive feedback. I will take the liberty to share it with my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back not too distant future.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary last weekend.
Pros:
Nice rooms, comfortable beds, gorgeous reception area, lovely pool area and pool bar (even if a little windy!). Also very nice concierge man who recommended some restaurants for us. Housekeeping and room service were really good, supplying us with extra water when we were unwell (housekeeping tend to knock multiple times even when you dont want to be dsiturbed!)

Cons:
Have to take taxis everywhere (however these are inexpensive), the lady concierge with curly hair is very rude and did not make any useful suggestions to us - just recommended a whole area when we asked for restaurant suggestions. Reception staff tell you different information, one said wi-fi was included, so we used it, and then on check out they said we had to pay for it (which we disputed). Furthermore, we picked up food poisoning in Istanbul (not at the hotel) and it turns out they do not have a hotel doctor on call and the only suggestion they had was to call an ambulance for a fixed charge which was a bit extreme!

Room Tip: pick one on the Bosphorus facing side
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelEurope87
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center for your stay in Istanbul and for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is wonderful feedback to know you appreciated our facilities.

Many thanks also for mentioning the issues which proved somewhat more difficult; we will take them on board to further improve our services.

Look forward to welcoming you again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

What a nice hotel. I was on the 18th Floor with an uninterrupted view towards the Bosphorus. A very nice view to wake up to every morning. Staff were friendly and helpful. Good location within easy walking distance to Taksim Sq. Cant fault it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for staying at the new Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center and for complimenting us on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read you found our hotel satisfactory in so many aspects and hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

With kind regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

this hotel was very recently built and has state of the art facilities. it was a very comfortable room and stay. the gym, sauna, swimming pool and hammam were a fantastic way to start the day. The gentleman that worked there (Ozan) went out of his way to ensure everything was fantastic at the pool and fitness facilities, great enthusiasm and very friendly.

i would definitely go back to this hotel and this amazing city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank golzari_ramin
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for placing your enthusiastic review of our property. I was delighted to hear you had much enjoyed our hotel and we managed to meet your expectations in so many aspects. Such feedback is most motivating for us.

It would be our pleasure if we could welcome you back to the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my family at hilton bomonti in a suite with access to executive lounge
The hotel is very nice, the room's are clean, lovely with huge bathrooms
I will focus on the executive lounge
They offer foods containing alcohol and pork , during my stay 19-22june they offer fried fish containing alcohol.
Yes they mention that in a small label beside it , but this not good enough, kids will not focus in the tag they'll concentrate on the fish
Actually most of people i warned them (Moslems) they already eat without recognized if its containing alcohol or not.
I talked to the executive lounge staff to provide alternative for Moslems and they immediately worked on that.
Next day they offered a pork bacon. And this is common in all hilton that i visited
My advise to all Moslems to be aware And read carefully or ask before start eating
My request from hilton management as a part of Moslems respect you should keep a non Moslems food in separate area or place a big bold tag to be recognized by all.
mentioning that food containing alcohol or pork.
Also
I would like thank Esra Alptekin from the business lounge for her kindness and support.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Yahiam
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Istanbul.

I was pleased to read you found our rooms and facilities up to high standards. It was somewhat disappointing, however, to learn that you did not feel as comfortable in our hotel as we aim to make our Guests feel by creating a relaxed, home-away-from-home atmosphere.

Regarding the food comment, we are in a Muslim country and in principle all food is halal food. In order to satisfy guests from other parts of the world we indeed offer some non-halal food items as well, which are all labelled with required information.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and we will review the labeling of all food items once again as indeed this is of the utmost importance to many of our guests.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti soon and make you feel truly at home.

Many thanks & best regards,