“Overall, just ok”

Ranked #67 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
London
“Overall, just ok”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

In some ways this is my favorite new Hilton. For starters, it is brand new. It has a very impressive breakfast offering. The views from rooms and the lounge are amazing. The rooms themselves are nicely appointed. The spa, where I had two treatments, is very nice -- as is the pool. So, you might ask, why only three stars? The wifi connection is horrible (I mean really, really horrible . . . totally unacceptable for a business hotel); the breakfast service is in shambles: no one knows who is doing what: hard to get a cup of coffee if you get up to get more food, they clear the table and reset it for the next guest; etc; no newspaper in the mornings; lacks any sort of personal touch (unlike, saying, Doubletree Old Town where an amenity and a note of welcome is placed in HHonors Diamond and Gold rooms, etc); location is not desirable; very expensive for Turkey.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank rosemLondon
Remco_Norden, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Istanbul and leaving feedback on Trip advisor.

With regards to the surroundings the hotel, it is indeed a fast-developing area just 3.6 kilometers from Taksim square.

In case the menu does not include a dish to your liking, we would recommend asking our food and beverage team for suggestions in future. Our talented kitchen brigade is delighted to cook dishes upon special request as well.

We very much hope to have an opportunity to welcome you as our Guest at the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti soon and show you our usual high level of service.

With kind regards,

Remco Norden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I have just checked out after an overnight stay and definitely recommend it. Personnel is great, service is excellent. It is located in a district called Bomonti that the name was an famous label of local beer. The fabric is still standing next to the hotel. Do not forget to have a breakfast, you will find theirs most delicious among the others.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Hardwings
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your positive review. Your feedback on our customer service is most rewarding and motivation for our Team.

I truly hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti in not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here in June 2014. I was there for an event so it was a fully hosted stay (all expenses paid), so judging by the quality I wouldn't have been able to afford it. The hotel was beautiful, with spacious lobby's and bedrooms. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The location is a bit out of the way so I wouldn't recommend it for people on holiday wanting to be close to all of the sights unless you don't mind the minimum 25 Turkish Lire cab fares (one way). The outdoor pool was very nice albeit cold and windy due to being on a roof. We still managed to get the sun but only on one side of the terrace. There was a great bar service out there with excellent cocktails and friendly waiters. The breakfast buffet was very nice. Lots of variety and a nice clean, open atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Tanya D
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your kind comments on this website.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, appreciating both our facilities and service. It is a real pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti soon.

Kind regards

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I know you must be wondering why I titled my review as such.

Good stuff: Brand new hotel with out of the world gym facilities. Koray at the Conceirge, Mehtap and Bora from the Club lounge were exceptional people. Koray was like Mr Efficient attending to our enquiries at a blink of an eye, Mehtap and Bora were the only ones at the Club Lounge greeting and talking to the guest. Mehtap remembered that one of my family asked for warm milk and every evening without fail and without our asking she places a cup of warm milk at our table.

The view from the Club Lounge is like great. One can see the Bosphorous river and planes landing.

Bad: Its Location is way out of most of the major attractions but I guess if its meant to be a conference hotel it ought not to be an issue.

Ugly: Whilst most of the staff at the conceirge were friendly and smiled the same cannot be said of the staff at the Executive lounge. The word plastic came to my mind when I see those ladies in red and those sitting at the counter (sorry guys but this is my honest opinion)

The reason for my rating was simply that hotel has loads to offer to a business traveller and if I am travelling for work I will return to this hotel because I will not be bothered by my "bad" and "ugly" comments

Room Tip: Room with a view of the Bosphorous will be ideal
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosalia D
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to see you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and taking the time to post your valuable comments. This feedback is critically important to us in our ambition to become better, each single day.

Once again many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center soon.

Kindest regards,

Montreal
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti at the end of February 2014. The hotel was very nice and clean but it was also brand new. I don't know if I go to this hotel in 2 years it will be as nice since you could see that the quality of the material use was not "top of the line".
The breakfast buffet was very nice with lot of choices. The dinner also was nice. The pool and gym facily are good. There is a bar at the top of the hotel with a very nice view. The staff at the hotel was extremely nice and helpful.
The location is not the best: it is not in the middle of the town, in the heart of dowtown. You have to walk about 7 minutes to go to the subway station or you can take a cab. Overall it is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response after your recent visit.

I was delighted to see you had much enjoyed your overall stay with us and I have taken the liberty to share your positive evaluation of the hotel with our Team.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Sometimes you rush from one conference to another, meanwhile you can skip feeding yourself. While was in a conference and had no chance to at least have a sandwich hilton bomonti does a fabulous job with a personal touch especially Mr Yakup Emir from banquet team. In 5 min. I had at least quick apperative and was able to concentrate to rush again. Such huge place we you might wonder of getting lost but hilton team just follows you and be ready at all times a very big thank you! Well done!!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Bomonti and for sharing your kind comments with regards to our hotel.

It is a real joy and motivation to read such overall positive feedback. I will take the liberty to share it with my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back not too distant future.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary last weekend.
Pros:
Nice rooms, comfortable beds, gorgeous reception area, lovely pool area and pool bar (even if a little windy!). Also very nice concierge man who recommended some restaurants for us. Housekeeping and room service were really good, supplying us with extra water when we were unwell (housekeeping tend to knock multiple times even when you dont want to be dsiturbed!)

Cons:
Have to take taxis everywhere (however these are inexpensive), the lady concierge with curly hair is very rude and did not make any useful suggestions to us - just recommended a whole area when we asked for restaurant suggestions. Reception staff tell you different information, one said wi-fi was included, so we used it, and then on check out they said we had to pay for it (which we disputed). Furthermore, we picked up food poisoning in Istanbul (not at the hotel) and it turns out they do not have a hotel doctor on call and the only suggestion they had was to call an ambulance for a fixed charge which was a bit extreme!

Room Tip: pick one on the Bosphorus facing side
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelEurope87
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center for your stay in Istanbul and for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is wonderful feedback to know you appreciated our facilities.

Many thanks also for mentioning the issues which proved somewhat more difficult; we will take them on board to further improve our services.

Look forward to welcoming you again.