“THE BEST HOTEL AND STAFF”

Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #53 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have been in 100s of hotels across the globe,, this the best ever hotel I have ever seen
Excellent staff, each single one of all departments
Front desk staff is excellent, concierge , and even the guy helping people in front of the hotel
You feel at home, secured, happy, relaxed in each moment
I missed my brand new cellular phone in the hotel and they kept it and brought it back to me in couple of hours,
The room service staff sent me complementary sweets only because my little child was crying when he saw one of room service team
Special thanks to Mr. Ali Cokgorenler from the front desk team for his honesty to keep my cellular phone and bring it back to me
Special thanks to the guy usually being at the main gate to help people find taxi and etc,, unfortunately I don't remember his name
I do recommend it to each trip to Istanbul
I was in Istanbul During the period of July 25 to date then to August 2

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Remco_Norden, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on our property.

I was very pleased to read you were satisfied with the level of our service. This is great to hear and I will pass on the compliments to my team.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bomonti.

Best regards,

Remco Norden

Write a ReviewReviews (2,230)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is definitely more geared up to business guests attending conferences. The location isn't ideal and appears to be slap bang in the middle of nothing, that said there are lots of building works going on around so I'm sure this is only temporary and will be in amongst great shops and restaurants in the coming years. I stayed here for 1 night on business. The room was huge, fantastic bed linen, super king bed, huge bathroom and all amenities I guess all the standard Hilton Hotel prerequisites.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Emily B

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center for your stay in Istanbul and for taking the time to share your feedback.

I was pleased to see you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We travelled with kids and most hotels in Istanbul require you to book 2 rooms. Apparently, they don't have fold out sofas and their beds are too small to accommodate 2 adults and 2 kids. I was lucky enough to come across this new property. Supposedly it's the largest hotel in Istanbul. It was half empty when we were there so crowds were not a problem. The fact that it was new also showed. Lobby and the common areas were nicely decorated, clean and new. Hotel had an outdoor and an indoor pool, sauna, executive lounge, bar, restaurant etc. Location was convenient enough, just a short cab ride away from major attractions. Cabs in Istanbul are cheap. The best part though was our room. For $300 a night we got a Bomonti Suite which consisted of 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, and a dining room with a great view over the city. This was truly a great deal. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel especially for families.

Room Tip: Higher floor. Get a suite if possible. It comes with access to the executive lounge which has food a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jason M

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for staying at the new Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center and for complimenting us on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read you found our hotel satisfactory in so many aspects and hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Best note live been in a long time. View from our room amazing. Executive lounge is a must if you can afford it. Although judging by the amount of people it was not very executive. Rooms and beds are extremely comfortable. Swimming pool and spa are taken over by hoards of kids and teenagers who ruin it soil it and disturb the peace and quiet. Avoid during school holidays. Food and restaurants are top quality. Staff are professional and what you would expect in a 5*.

Room Tip: Go early for dinner in the executive lounge as some people seem to live there.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to have you staying with us and I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the new Hilton Istanbul Bomonti !

Many thanks for posting your kind comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back again to our hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

It's a relatively new hotel - the outdoor swimming poor wasn't even ready at the time of my stay (May 2014). I arrived early on the day and my room wasn't available yet. Instead of making me wait in the lobby i was offered another room to relax in while my room was prepared for me.
I stayed in an executive room. It is definitely worth the extra as you will have access to the exec lounge on the top floor. View is amazing from here and the breakfast and afternoon refreshments are very impressive.
This hotel has the biggest ever fitness centre I've visited in any hotels. It is also well equipped.
The location of the hotel is not the best - hardly anything notable that you could walk to. However, this is one of the biggest cities in Europe, so the 20-30 minutes taxi ride (cheap) to the tourist district is nothing.
Definitely will return to this hotel if in Istanbul next time!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank dmsdi

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Istanbul. Your positive review is much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed many times at this hotel and I love it. The rooms and the views from those views are beautiful. The location is excellent, not in the crowded part but it is in the center. Nice breakfast and amazing lounge!

One drawback in this big hotel is that they have only one restaurant, even though it offers more than one cuisine. Another negative point is that while the staff there are friendly and helpful, you may be faced with some staff who are not kind and polite, especially at peak times (the need more stress management training)

Room Tip: they have rooms with Istanbul city view and the Bosphorous view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Remco_Norden, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

We are delighted to hear you are a regular Hilton Guest appreciating our products and services.

At the same time, we have taken careful note of the improvement needs mentioned and will follow up on these points.

Many thanks for placing your comments and we hope to be able to welcome you back the Hilton Bomonti soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Hilton Bomonti was lovely, the service was pretty good and all the service staff were pretty courteous and friendly. Just a few caveats...

I loved the decor of the hotel itself. Since it is brand new, it feels plush. The bathrooms and rooms are beautifully decorated, well equipped and don't feel worn (for the most part). However, you can definitely distinguish it from 5 star hotels. For example, the wood finishes on the desk and side table in the room were scratched off and raggedy looking. I don't know if the specific room we were in was mishandled by prior guests, but it was mildly alarming. The rooms themselves were peaceful and quiet, and extremely spacious. We had a lovely view of the Bosphorus from our room. We stayed in an executive room which was nice as we had access to breakfast, snacks, drinks and 'dinner'. However, we never made it back on time to get 'dinner' or snacks in the evening. I would recommend that they extend the service time in the evening by an hour or so at the exec lounge. Room service food was decent, we enjoyed the Turkish pizzas.

We arrived at the Bomonti for a conference but stayed on for leisure, and there's the catch. We tried to do the local thing, walking to the metro, and taking the metro into the city. But after a full day of walking around in the city sight-seeing, it's pretty tiring to have to come all the way back to the Bomonti by metro or taxi.

You would have to spend about 15-20 Lira for a taxi from the hotel to Taksim square (not the area with the main sights). We did get caught in a taxi scam where the driver assured us that the meter was on, but it wasn't. He then proceeded to charge us 30 Lira for a ride from Taksim square. We gave him 50 Lira, which he magically turned into a 5 Lira note (no joke), and claimed we had only given him 5 Lira. He refused to pull into the Hilton driveway too, so beware of these things. When we walked back to the Hilton from where the taxi was parked and mentioned it to the hotel staff who were outside, they just dismissed us, almost like "well you fools".

Overall, the taxi episode left a bad taste in our mouths, and soured our experience about staying so far from the city center. If you are traveling for leisure, on a tight schedule (4-5 days), you would do better to stay in Old city or closer to the sights. That said, once you are inside the hotel does prove to be a tranquil oasis. Just beware of the the distance.

Room Tip: Definitely worth it to pay a little extra to get an executive suite above the 25th floor, which give...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple