“Good, clean rooms”

Ranked #25 of 1,051 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Kansas
“Good, clean rooms”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The best part is its location itself, located in the taksim area and having all the major areas close by. The rooms were modern, spacious and good ones and I had stayed at the place with my friends and found this absolutely delightful. The staff are friendly and are bang on with their knowledge about the tourist place and the view along with the breakfast buffet was another feather in the cap.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bonn, Germany
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Friendly and helpful staff, very clean and comfortable rooms.
Good breakfast buffet with great view; useful suggestions about the city and touristic places to see
Close to Taksim square and bus shuttle (Havataş airport service) to Atatürk Airport (5 Min)
Nearby metro, tram and pedestrian zone

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second or third floor to avoid the noise from reception
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christof K
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Perfect location in Taksim area. The owner and the staff are very kind and helpful. Nice modern decoration. Room T1 has nice few. I recommend this hotel to all my friends and would stay in the same hotel for my next trip to Istanbul for sure.

1 Thank Khaled R
Paris, France
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I highly recommend Retropera Hotel. It is not only well-located but the owner Rami and staff are amazingly helpful. They are all wonderful at every point. WIFI works perfectly everywhere. I am sure you will have a great experience there.

1 Thank Bruno D
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2014

It just doesn't get any better than here.
The owners and staff are simply kind and thoughtful beyond description!
The hotel is contemporary and comfortable, affordable, and the best shower ever- guaranteed!
Rooftop breakfasts are a feast, cappuccinos and tea free all day and the location is next to the most vibrant part of Istanbul today,- Istiklal Avenue in the Beyoglu District.
Forget the tourist hordes in the old city.
This is where you want to be!
Great restaurants and cafes, major label stores, designer boutiques, galleries, street musicians and best of all, Istanbulites of all kinds, young and old, enjoying life.
Animated and energized.
The pulse here is incredible!
Guaranteed to melt away any preconceived notion you might have about this gateway to the Arabian Peninsula.
And yet, an easy tram ride (though we walked) to all the historical sites on your must-see list, from mosques, palaces and bazaars to the fabulous Museum of Modern Art.
Everything Istanbul has to offer, just beyond Retropera's doorstep.
Once again, thank you Ahmet and Mehmet, for a most memorable 4 days!

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I would like to leave a review for the Petropera Hotel even so I have never been a paying guest.
I experienced at the Petropera Hotel something I believe is very rare to get.
My friends (Karin + Linh) stayed in the hotel during our stay in Istanbul. I could not get a room since the hotel was fully booked by the time I decided to join the trip to Istanbul, so I had to stay in a diffrent hotel. Nevertheless I have been treated just like a paying guest!!!
It was incredible how respectfull, lovely and warm hearted they treated me each day. When I was on my way to the hotel the first time, to meet my friends in the morning, I got lost. Mehmet, the owner himself came to picked me up and walked me to his hotel. I was welcome to join the breakfast (for free!!!) each morning, I even got a special treat by getting bought something from the bakery next next door.I wanted to try. Of course Mehmet would not let me pay for it... Mehmet walked my friends to my hotel when a demonstraction was going on at Taksim square sice they would not know how to get to my hotel because of the demonstration...
We had the opportunity to talk a lot to Mehmet. He is such a lovely, smart and dear person. Very polite, friendly, warm hearted and brillant manners. Mehmets English skills are very good. No metter what question we had or help we needed, there was always help with honest hospitality and always a smile on the face. All his colleagues are lovely, warm hearted and very polite and helpfull people, too. When my friends left the hotel they got a souvenir to take back home, so did I..
It is hard for me to find the right words to describe how all this felt to me and how thankfull I still am. I truely and very thankfully would like to say here on this platform "Thank you very, very much dear Mehmet for beeing such a very nice and lovely person and great compay." Thank you again for taking care of me! I really appreciated everything you have done and it was a great pleasure to get to know you. I still feel ashamed thinking back since I could not do anything at all to pay back the very lovely treet I experienced by you and your colleagues.
Petropera is a beautifull hotel with amazing hosts. My friends were pleased with their stay and have nothing negative to say at all. We all can highly recommed the Petropera Hotel to everybody. If you want to have a amazing and lovely stay in Istanbul with comfort and a host that does far more for for you than you can or should aske for, you should make sure to book a room at the Petropera Hotel.
I wish Mehmet all the best for the future, businesslike but also for his privat life. Take very good care and I hope to meet you again one day in Istanbul. Next time hopefully as a guest in your lovely hotel. Maria

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarijaVuletic
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

If you are looking for a stylish and comfortable hotel in Istanbul, with great service in a good location for an affordable price then look no further! We travelled to Istanbul as a couple in March 2014 for 5 nights and given the vast variety of hotels in the city were unsure where to stay. We settled on The Retropera Hotel due to the positive reviews and what a choice!

The hotel is situated just next to Taksim Square and is easily accessible from Ataturk airport with a 30 minute coach transfer (Havatas bus service) costing 10TL. Located a 15 minute tram ride away from the main tourist attractions (Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace etc) the hotel is situated in an area with a huge choice of quality restaurants, bars, shops and markets! The area surrounding the hotel is close enough to access attractions easily, but far enough away from the tourist heavy area of Sultanahmet to get a feel for experiencing the 'real' Istanbul.

What stood out most about The Retropera was the dedication and friendliness of service provided by hotel staff. All staff were welcoming and helpful, particularly the hotel's owner. They all provided valuable advice on attractions, booking/recommending restaurants, things to do during the stay and how to get the most out of our stay (including local opinions).

The rooms are stylish and clean with all the amenities one would expect. Although not the largest room I've stayed in it is easily large enough to accommodate the majority of needs.The bedroom, and ensuite, were fitted with modern furniture, TV, A/C, fridge, and superb shower. The only downside (and a very minor one) is due to our room's close proximity to the breakfast terrace, there was a high footfall resulting in minor increase in noise levels. However, this goes no way to detract from the hotel.

All in all the Retropera Hotel was a fantastic choice amongst a wide variety of hotels for a similar price. Great service, good location, excellent price and all in a stylish well fitted hotel. I would highly recommend choosing the Retropera.

Room Tip: We chose the deluxe room with city view, this had a sweeping window looking out across Western Istan...