“If we visit Istanbul again,then we choose retropera again”
Review of Retropera Hotel

Retropera Hotel
Ranked #22 of 1,063 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Vienna
“If we visit Istanbul again,then we choose retropera again”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Everybody was friendly and helpful.The rooms are fashionable,clean and big enough for a city trip.the breakfast is delicious and the view from there is amazing. The location is absolutely perfect for sightseeing,shopping and dinner. visit this hotel!!!!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank supermaus025

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

So we finally got to Istanbul after 2hrs in passport control (e-visas supposedly made it easier!!) & we were greeted by the owners who were expecting us we had such a warm welcome it almost made me forget about those two wasted hours, The hotel itself is beautifully decorated to a high boutique standard and the room we had was on the 3rd floor with enough room for luggage and hanging space for a couples clothes its worth mentioning the massive shower that was a welcome sight, Breakfast was a buffet style with the option of omelets, All of the staff were very freindly and happy to help with any questions or recommendations, On the whole I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at the retropera and would recommend and revisit if I was in the area again and my only negative would be it could be a little noisy on a morning with moving chairs on in the breakfast room but im an early riser so it didn't effect me. THANKS FROM ANDY AND STEPHEN

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The room we stayed in was charming with a very good view. Breakfast was good as well. But what really got to us was the customer service. The all team was truly amazing. Believe the hype and stay there!!!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We've just spent three nights at Retropera where, from the moment we arrived, we have been treated so well, with such kindness, by the hotel owners/managers/staff. Their advice on places to see, things to do and where to eat was very helpful too. I have only extremely positive things to say about our stay at Retropera. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I travelled to Istanbul for the first time and stayed at Retropera in September 2013.
I arrived at Istanbul airport at around 5:30am and took taxi to Retropera Hotel, I showed the address and telephone number to the taxi drivers from booking.com , I confirmed with the taxi driver if he knows where to go, I've responsed by "Okay Okay", he typed in the address on GPS but can't find it, then the taxi keep travel around the area and I asked him to call the hotel but going to voice mail...eventually I dropped off and switched to another taxi and arrived at the hotel.
Then I talked to the staff and just realised they post the mobile phone number of one of the owner to booking.com but he turned it OFF...I hope they update their contact and ensure the phone number are 24x7 ready to answer as a contact point of the hotel.
The hotel, or the logding itself is ok, room is spacious and clean, location is easy for first timer, just 5mins walk to Istanbul landmark Taksim Square.
The breakfast is self-served at the root-top where you got the view of the city, the food quality is so-so I think it's standard serving at the same range of the hotel.
The hotel ran by a few 'friends', one of them are very helpful but the other not, really depends on who you deal with.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank charlescyhui
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My fiancé and I where staying in Istanbul for a weekend. The hotel is perfectly located near Taksim Square. We felt very welcome in the hotel and everyone was extremely friendly, helpful and nice! Since it was my fiancés birthday, he even received a present. :-) If you are searching for a familiar, nice, perfectly located and clean place to stay, this hotel is perfect for you. From Taksim Square you can easily walk to the Galata Tower and the shopping/bar street is very close by.

Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The best part is its location itself, located in the taksim area and having all the major areas close by. The rooms were modern, spacious and good ones and I had stayed at the place with my friends and found this absolutely delightful. The staff are friendly and are bang on with their knowledge about the tourist place and the view along with the breakfast buffet was another feather in the cap.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends