Best Western Empire Palace
Diva's Hotel(Istanbul)
US$49
US$40
Hotels.com
Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$139
  • Restaurant
Elite World Business(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$75
Agoda.com
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$823
TripAdvisor
1,624 results
All reviewsblue mosqueperfect locationwalking distanceold citytram stationturkish bathspecial thanksturkeyrecommend this hotelspice bazaarvery nice hotelthe hotel staffmajor attractionsrooms are cleanhotel is locatednice staychoose this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

It was my second stay in Istanbul and this time I choose a hotel closer to the centre.
The location was superb. Just a step away from all the famous attractions in Istanbul and the room was comfortable and clean.
One of the staff members, Neda, provided excellent service and was always of help when needed. She was easy to approach and listened to any request or questions I might have.
Being my second stay in Istanbul I felt I had seen the most but Neda pointed out some interesting attractions to see and it gave me another remarkable stay in Istanbul.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Both because of the central location and the always helpful Neda. A real gem in the middle of Istanbul.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sebastian A
Reviewed 27 July 2014

All you expect from a Hotel,i really wonder why some people said somehting bad about htis hotel,i travel too much according to my job and i do believe Empire Palace Hotel is live up to its name as Best! clean and bright rooms, good Wi Fi,perfect location,good price as a 5 star hotel,Yummy brekfast for different tasts and very polite personnel especially NEDA public customer manager,no word can discribe her ,polite ,kind hearted,well informationed,very beautiful with a wonderful smile,it seemes her guests are a part of her familly!! she is absolutely a big cause of choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank babak510
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel was perfect for me. Gülhane, Ayasofya, Sultanahmet camii are very close to the hotel and there is Gülhane tram station in 1minute walking. I stayed just one night but I will remember this place for a long time, because of Neda. She was better than that perfect location. She prepared everything I need with her beautiful smile and warm heart. Thank you so much Neda ;)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mina Y
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The room was tiny with a table and chair in the middle meaning there was nowhere to move. Far too small for two people. We had nowhere to put suitcases and the wardrobe was barely that. It was also very noisy. You could hear everything at all times - cleaners in rooms and banging. We were also next to the lift which meant we heard that throughout the day and night. Not a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Missljackson
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is one of those places you visit when you don't want to risk too much. At least that's what I thought when I went there.
We were staying in Istanbul for 3 days and were looking for a clean, quiet and air conditioned place to sleep. The hotel had all 3, but let me get to the details.
I arrived earlier than the regular checkin time so they asked us if we wanted to pay more. It was something like 40 lira per person so I refused.
Room was on the second floor with a street view. View isn't anything special for a second floor, but room was isolated quite well. It's a small room. It has 2 beds(queen+single) and I personally thing the single bed isn't really necessary. They clean every day and don't leave a mess inside. There's also a safe so you could store documents inside.
Wifi signal is strong enough, but speed is just so so.
They leave water in the room every morning too.

Breakfast is okay. There's plenty of things to choose from, and it's tasty enough. I was okay with the typical Turkish breakfast, but some other travelers might get bored from it.

Staff is helpful enough, but there's a little more to be desired.

Overall, it's a hotel located at a very good spot and you can't go wrong with it. Sadly, it feels like it's missing some of the local charm. Probably at other places you might get closer in touch with local culture.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple