“Excellent location & Service & helped me to find my lost items twice ”

CVK Park Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #92 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My Familly & I stayed for 6 nights in This hotel. I booked the luxury two bedrooms Appartment for 4 person & an infant.

Location :
Very new hotel with walking distance from Taksim square .

Rooms:
In my opinion, if you can't get sea view or you have big Familly , then think seriously about the apartments in their resident building.

Very high standard comfortable rooms with setting room including small kitchen and washing machine . You will be in different building served by nice small uncrowded reception. You can reach the swimming pool, gym and the spa directly since they are in the same building. And the taxi will pick/drop you in front of your building . Very special place.

Staff:

The most important thing about this hotel was the staff . It seems they take reviewers criticism seriously which is good.

The staff I deal with were amazing , very helpful and nice "every one". They provide any type of help you need with smile.

We had two accident "We forget our items twice in taxis"
,and the hotel staff helped us to find the :).

First time was handmade carpet that forgot in public taxi. The hotel staff reviewed the Surveillance tape , got the plate number and called the taxi . Our carpet reached the hotels in 3 hours time.

Second time we lost vIPhone in a taxi and we find it with the help of the hotel staff in top of "find my Iphone app" .
The app will not do it alone without the hotel staff help & support in such huge city as Istanbul.

Any of these accident could ruins our vacation , however they turn to be good experience with help of the hotel staff.

If I visit Istanbul again, CVK will be my first choice always.

Thank you CVK for this amazing experience.

Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel is quite well placed 200m away from Taksim Square.
Beatuful hotel, whre white marble is predominant .
Reception and Conciege people are very helpfull and atentive, so I mut be great for theis help on booking restaurants and city tours.
Rooms were quite nice and confortable, and well equiped with amenities.
Negative point; Before going I wrot na e-mail to the Director General Manager (being in the same business) and not receive na answer from him. It was not very nice of him.
Positive reference for this hotel.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and do not chose backview rooms. You will be facing 15m away from your room Window...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I spent 5 nights at this hotel from 15 to 20 April 2014 with my wife, at the moment my feet stepped into the hotel, I was really impressed about the size and design of the lobby, you can see luxury in almost everything.
Check in & checkout: there was line for check in this is Ok, but there was two desks empty!! I spent almost 20 min waiting for my turn, after that 15 min to finish check in process and this is acceptable.
I request double bed in my reservation, but the man who escort me to my room take me to twin bed so I told him I request double before he said this is double bed!
Any way they change my room to double bed immediately without returning to reception.
Checkout was fast and smooth without any problem.
Location: hotel located in Taksim and 5 min walking to Taksim Square and 10 min walking to avenue, so you can find all what you need within walking distance restaurants, mini markets, shopping avenue, and coffee shops almost everything.
The good think the hotel located in the side of this crowded area so it’s close to all that things but far from crowded this is great for me. Buy the way Taksim square is non sleep many restaurants and coffee shops open 24 hour.
The room: I stayed at standard room,
Positive things: room looked new and room size was good compare to European standard, classic design, great minibar, good selection of channels. Iron and iron board in the closet. Tea and coffee with kettle.
Negative things: housekeeping need to improve, their service does not live up to the level of 4-star hotel not 5 star, they never refill my coffee and tea, (3 pcs tea and 3 pcs coffee). I used all of them after third night, as 5 star hotel should refill even if 1 pcs used but they didn’t till I checked out.
The bottle of water same. If I did not finish the old one they never add new one.
The worst, for two nights they did not refill toilet roll so I complain to the duty manager so some things fixed after that but not all things.
Note: one day my wife forgot her wedding ring on the table; after we came late, we found it as is no one touch it. And I forgot my I pad the day I checked out and I called the hotel to tell them, one hour later they called me to tell me the housekeeping found it and it’s in the lost and found office. I am really appreciate.
Cleanliness: in general everything was clean.
Breakfast: The breakfast was great with huge selection of everything this is one of the best.
Room Services: service was great and the order arrive on time but the food was average.
Staff: helpful and specially the men at the main gate.
Overall: very nice hotel, but housekeeping should improve to meet five stars hotel standard.
I could recommend this hotel (if they improve housekeeping) to honeymooners, couples, family, and any one need to be close to heart of crowded area at Istanbul.

4  Thank Moh75
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here in April 2014.
Went to Istanbul to propose to my girlfriend. The Park Bosphorus Hotel was my hotel of choice and I did not regret a single euro spent there.
The staff was very friendly, the rooms very clean and extremely beautiful mix of Ottoman and modern design.

Both the hospitality and the service of the hotel are unmet. If you want to feel special during your stay in Istanbul (and can afford a bit of luxury) then book this hotel!

You might run into a lot of Arabic people.

Room Tip: If you have deep pockets and would like to surprise your partner: book room 1866 (suite with terrace...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bahri S, Genel Müdür at CVK Park Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing this valuable post regarding your visit CVK Park Bosphorus Istanbul and for choosing our hotel to propose your girlfriend.
We are delighted to read that you've enjoyed your time with us and your comment about our hospitality, service and friendly staff.
Hope you come back and visit us again very soon..

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel 4 nights, it is well located in the modern Istanbul ,very near to Takseem street, Large hotel relatively but quieter than other Takseem hotels, It is a new hotel opened in 2013 ,suitable for families, it has luxury finish, room size is reasonable and very comfortable, some time you hear noise from adjacent room. buffet food is good but service is not up to hotel style ,the restaurant staff looks under training. Reception is helpful and efficient, it tried the Gem and Spa ,service is good and nicely designed but quit expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for room with Bosforos view
1  Thank Abdullah A
Bahri S, General Manager at CVK Park Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel, SPA as well as the food at the restaurant. On the other hand we are sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay such as SPA prices and staff at the restaurant. Please be assured, we will be working on these issues with our staff to ensure a seamless experience for our valuable guests.

We do hope we can welcome you back soon for another stay.

Best regards,

Bahri Sahin

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel is fancy, but we had a hard time settling in a room! They keep making excuses for not giving us the rooms we paid for, and keep promising that next day we will get the right room, but we don't. We have to keep our stuff in the bags because we don't want to waste our vacation packing and unpacking, and that's very frustrating.

Sample excuses they use: "Exceptional problem" in the room they proised to give you, so they put it out of service and won't give it to you. What a coincidence that the exceptional problem appeared after the last guest checked out but before we were supposed to check in! Another excuse: "the room that we promised you was sold out. We apologize!"

Anything you discuss with the staff, they tell you "I have to call the manager". I heard this half a dozen times in a couple of days!

And don't fall for the "sea view" trick! You will get a room that's facing the sea, but you cannot "view the sea" from it, because the view is blocked by buildings between you and the sea.

Some other silly stuff like no soap in the bathroom so you have to ask for it; water runs yellow, faucet is only 5cm above sink so it's unusable, etc.

So although the hotel is good, you will have to run through hoops with the cunning staff to get your rightfully paid-for room. We didn't!

We won't stay at a CVK hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure you spell out every detail about the room so you won't be tricked into a different roo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Mo T
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We were extremely disappointed at the CVK hotel, brand new luxury beautiful overseeing the Bosphorus. Service was completely disorganized and rude as if there was no management whatsoever. TV room wouldn't work, concierge wouldn't give any useful recommendation, front office would give wrong information, housekeeping waking you up at 8am and then not even cleaning the room afterwards, breakfast staff trying to charge you every morning although it was B&B. Best was when when asked them to call Turkish Airlines for us and they told us to call ourselves. DON'T GO THERE

Stayed: April 2014