“I absolutely loved it”

CVK Park Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #90 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 1 September 2014

What a great hotel! The interior is modern and luxurious. Waking up to the view of the bosphorus was absolutely unforgettable. The breakfast was good - not the best ever. Very close to taksim square so. It's very convenient and the atmosphere is great! Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014
Bahri S, Genel Müdür at CVK Park Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Initially, thank you very much for taking time in writing your precious comments for CVK Park Bosphorus Istanbul. It is very rewarding for all of us to know that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the CVK Park Bosphorus Istanbul again soon!

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for CVK Park Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Everything was great, the Interactive room, the service the location, breakfast, but most of all the helpful staff at the front disk especially Mr. Efecan, the Assistant Front Disk Manager, this Gentleman is an asset to CVK Hotels and obviously his got what it takes to MANAGE A WORLD CLASS HOTEL CHAIN, he went out of his way just to be helpful and courteous, God bless him and all the staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Bahri S, Genel Müdür at CVK Park Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for your comments which are quite valuable for us.

We are delighted that we were able to make your stay an unforgettable experience. It was our pleasure to host you at CVK Park Bosphorus Istanbul in the best way. We would like to thank you for your sincerely wishes about our team and we wish you all the best.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at CVK Park Bosphorus Istanbul.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone! It's utterly horrible. The service is really bad and the people working there are the rudest! The reception could care less, the cafe at the reception didn't understand anything he brought a cake for my son and took a knife from another table to offer it to us without plates! The lady who showed me to the apartment (I stayed at the residence side) did not explain anything about the apartment and she asked me where to insert the key! I told her I don't know I don't work here! So I called reception and they said I should've went with someone from reception and not guest relations! How the hell am I supposed to know that ! I didn't ask her to show me the room, the receptionist did! Another thing, the AC was not working for 2 nights, again the receptionist could care less. They tried to fix it I'll give them that but they tried 3 times and the AC was still not working. So I went to speak to them and they said we will send someone to fix it, I told the receptionist you already did that 3 times and it still isn't working, so change my apartment. She said sorry we don't have anything available, I told her I don't care! I did not pay this much to stay at an apartment without AC! So I told her I want to speak to the manager she said ok. Had to wait 1/2 hour for the manager ! Then they upgraded us and changed our apartment. The manager was nice and understanding, he's the only person who was nice at that hotel, him and the guy who carried our luggage.
Another issue, the roof pool was supposed to be open but it wasn't. And the covered pool was not fun for the kids at all cuz they had to wear swimming caps and it was cold! So I took my kids to another hotel to swim! They had so many rules but when it came to the type of people who were at the hotel they apparently were ok when people would go down to the reception and drink tea wearing their pjs and bathroom slippers.
Not my idea of a five star hotel.
In my opinion, they are not ready to open, they need a lot of adjustments and maybe some customer service seminars for their employees who seem to hate all nationalities.
Finally, I will never stay there again. Ever.
Not worth it, they made my whole trip miserable.

Stayed: August 2014
9  Thank DesignURvacation
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We checked into the hotel foe one week stay in one if the nice suits the hotel , furniture,position of the hotel us second to none but the service provided is not good.we stayed one hour when we checked waiting for our luggage to arrive,in addition every thing we ask the reception has been ignored .

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Khalid M
Bahri S, General Manager at CVK Park Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts and concerns on your recent stay.
We also appreciate your feedback on the service issues you encountered during your stay. This is very importan for us, the subject will be discussed of the relevant departments.

We hope to get the change to welcome you back at CVK Park Bosphorus in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

CVK is a great and very beautiful 5 stars hotel, excellent service, very clean and confortable , excellent international food, one of the best hotel in istanbul. It was my first visit and will visit it every time i go there. Highly recommended

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tarek T

Dear Guest,

It is a great honor for us to learn your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed during your stay with us.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to CVK Park Bosphorus Istanbul in the nearest future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We spent 3 nights at the amazing CVK Resort Park Bosphorus. Newly opened - 9 months - the hotel offers an amazing experience of a 5 star in Turkey. One of the best hotels I've been to so far.

Pros:
- Great location at 2 min walk from Taksim Square
- Amazing view on the Bosphorus. Even if you don't have a chance to get a room with Bosphorus view, the cafe terrace at the lobby level & the swimming pool located at the top deck offer fabulous view over the Bosphorus
- Amenities are unbelievably outstanding. We had the chance to test the Turskish Hammam experience. A must do
- Rooms are big enough and super confortable. We enjoyed the Jacuzzi in the room with a clear glass enable overlooking the room & TV.
- Gym & Tennis Table areas are big enough and well equipped.
- 2 Swimming Pools, One covered and another one at the top deck with stunning view on the Bosphorus.

Cons:
- Hotel expensive compared to other hotels in the region but definitely worth the price.
- Food & Beverages and overpriced - Shisha at the terrace costs $50, coffee for around $25-30
- Spas & other treatment expensive - $250 for 1 hour massage
- Hotel is not 100% completed, hence you might fine areas uncompleted or with work in progress around the hotel

In summary, we would definitely recommend this hotel for any stay in Istanbul. Despite the several cons highlighted, being there assure you unforgetable memories.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Salim M
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from a Black Sea Cruise, starting in Istanbul and ending in Athens, Greece. We decided to spend 3 days in Istanbul prior to our cruise. After researching numerous hotels and reading many reviews, I finally decided on the CVK and could not have made a better choice! (In fact, I met someone from Istanbul on another forum and they too told me I could not have made a better selection! As did our Istanbul tour guide!)
It's location is excellent! The rooms are ultra-modern and spacious! The bathroom is to die for! The views fantastic! Staff is awesome!
We especially enjoyed the outdoor terrace bar/restaurant; and the breakfast buffet was lovely!
A special thanks also to the young lady in Guest Relations, Hale Demirdes, who helped us with Turkish Airlines after they lost both pieces of our checked luggage! She was so NICE!
If we ever return to Istanbul, there is no doubt that we would stay there again!
Room tip: Be sure when the porter shows you to your room that you have him explain very carefully all the little push buttons for lights, etc. Especially the air conditioner and fan!
(FYI, if interested, our guide was Hakan Yurtsever; email hyurts@hotmail.com
He was very good. Was referred to him by a Head Waiter we befriended on a previous trip we took on Princess Cruise lines.)

Room Tip: Definitely get a suite with balcony. The higher floor, the better the view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple