World Heritage Hotel Istanbul
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$431
Diva's Hotel(Istanbul)
US$49
US$40
Hotels.com
Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$139
  • Restaurant
Elite World Business(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$75
Agoda.com
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$823
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue mosqueturkish coffeesmall hotelgrand bazaartram stationturkeybooked this hotelhagia sophiamain attractionshighly recommend this hoteltop floorperfect locationhome away from homefamily roomexcellent hoteldefinitely stay here againold town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I always value location over most other options when booking hotel accommodation. Location-wise, this hotel is great for a weekend trip to Istanbul. So close to all of the sites in the old town with the metro/tram stop about a 3 minute walk away. The hotel itself is very nice and clean and the bedroom was very comfortable. It is a small hotel in a boutique style. As we only had two nights here on a stopover to Cape Town, we spent more time exploring the city than hanging around in the hotel. All of the above, I expected before we arrived here having read many of the reviews on tripadvisor. And all of the above would be reasons enough to recommend the hotel to anyone staying a few nights in Istanbul where the location and a nice, clean hotel at a reasonable price are the most important factors in booking accommodation.

But....this hotel has something over every hotel that I have ever stayed in. I know this is my first post but I have stayed in everything from hostels to 5 star hotels all over the world and the hospitality of the staff here exceeds anywhere else I have experienced...so much so that I am posting this review. They did everything to make our stay better. From cakes and tea and coffee on arrival, to a free minibar of soft drinks in the room, to the free phone calls to my girlfriend's elderly Dad back in Ireland to let him know that we arrived safely. The highlight though, and probably one of the highlights of the whole weekend in Istanbul, was when we were checking out on our last morning. We asked if we could leave the luggage here for the day as our flight was not for another 13 hours. Yussef at reception handed us back the room key and said that we could have the room for the day as my girlfriend is (5 months) pregnant and it is important that she rests. We were a bit taken aback and asked him if he was sure. He said that it was no problem, that on any day he could give us a late checkout till 3pm but that today he was able to give us the room all day. It meant that we could spend the day seeing the sights and then go back to the hotel room for 4 hours and rest up before heading to catch our flight.

I would highly recommend anyone to stay in this hotel. The location is perfect and the hospitality is better than the best 5 star hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Simon M
Reviewed 22 February 2014

As this was my 1st trip abroad, I did not want to miss anything. I wanted to squeeze in as much sight seeing as possible, within the 4 days of our stay. My husband left it all to me. :-) I went onto a site for accommodation and what drew me to this hotel, was the reviews. No negative word on customer service. No bad experience with the food, and the rooms sounded perfect. Not forgetting the location. Oh, and the hotel is about 4 months old.
With this in mind and our intention to visit the main attractions, eg The Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi etc, I booked the hotel via booking.com.
We arrived in the afternoon on Feb 11th and was fetched at airport, which was pre arranged with the hotel. NOTE: if booking is done direct with hotel, you get 1 free transfer. We paid 27 dollars.
We were greeting by Yusuf and a lady by the name of Rayan(sorry if I have that wrong). They were friendly and gave us directions to the mosque, museum etc. Even gave us a map. The entrance hall or reception had sweet cakes and tea/coffee readily available.
The room was very cosy and warm. The bed was big and linen crisp and inviting. The tv had quite a few channels on but we did have a problem with some.(it just would not play) This was not important as we were out just as soon as we freshened up.
We explored and discovered the Blue Mosque just down the road(5 min away) and Hagia Sophia a further 5 min away. The next day we discovered the metro...exciting. We never experience this much discipline on public transport back home. The streets were clean etc.
Breakfast the next morning was...yummy. The dining area is in the attic and has no windows. I was told that they are planning to renovate and fit in windows etc. The staff was friendly as well.Hubby got sick and they were very accommodating. (Nothing related to what we ate at hotel)
The hotel is near to plenty of restaurants and shops. There is a pharmacy close by as well...please be prepared, when walking pass these eateries, to be bombarded with invites and business cards. It was amazing to experience all their sales pitch. We visited the Grand Bazaar, but although impressed, was reminded of a place called China Town back home.
Being a muslim, and being in a muslim country, gave us the freedom to eat readily and without doubt. The only problem that I did have was that, having the Blue Mosque and all the mosques around, their was still alot of alcohol freely available at some restaurants(specially next to mosques) This is my PERSONAL thought. Sure, there are so many muslims that do engage in drinking alcohol, and uses so many excuses, but to have it and indulge in it so openly? ( like I said, my opinion and thoughts and im not to judge)

Lastly, I would like to say a BIG SHUKRAN to Yusuf, Rayan, Selim and all the rest of the staff. Including the brother and sister upstairs in the dining area and also the young guy who helped us with our bags. You are the true ambassadors of service excellence. If ever there is an award for good service, I would nominate you all and your hotel.

We will definitely return.
Zainab and Waheed Allie ( Cape Town, South Africa)

Room Tip: We had room on 1st floor with front view. Perfect
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zainab a
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Excellent hotel. Very friendly service. Perfect location in middle of old town. Few minutes walk from all tourist attractions. Cleanliness of rooms is impressive. Enjoyable breakfast but needs some variety.
Highly recomendable hotel with very good value for money.
Daniel muller south africa.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DanieL M
Reviewed 9 February 2014

It's taken me a while to get around to my review. I stayed with my husband and a group of friends for 5 nights in November. As a new hotel, everything is in very good shape. It is not fancy, but it is more than adequate, especially at it's economical price. The bathroom is on the small side, but was not a problem. It is very well located to see the most popular sights in the city. It's clear from other's reviews that the thing that makes this hotel 5 star isn't so much the facilities, but the excellent service. Jusef and the other staff at the front desk are very attentive and want to ensure that you have a great stay and leave Istanbul wanting to return (I do!). The only thing that the hotel needs to address is the heating...we couldn't cool down our room enough unless we opened the window, and the call to prayer in the a.m. is too nearby to really let you do that.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank mmstyle
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Perfect location to explore old city. 2 mins walk to Blue Mosque, 5 mins walk to Aya Sofia, 10mins walk to Topkapi. Yusuf and his team are very friendly and helpful. Nothing is too trouble for them. Breakfast is very variety. Complimentary tea and snack all the time in the lobby. 5% discount pay cash.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family