All reviewsblue mosqueturkish coffeesmall hotelgrand bazaartram stationturkeyhagia sophiaevery afternoonold citytop floorperfect locationhome away from homewalking distancestaying at this hotelmajor attractionspublic transportwonderful hotel
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Stayed here for 4 nights. Great location to explore most areas of Istanbul on foot. Nice breakfast, clean rooms and friendly staff. Highly reccomnd. Traveled with my mother and truly enjoyed staffs recommendations and suggestions. Trip was in 2014 but I can’t select that year. Hope situation in Turkey improves so I can go back someday.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We stayed here for six nights and really enjoyed our stay. The location is tourist but perfect for a first time in Istanbul. The blue mosque is only about 2 minutes away (and other sites just a few minutes further), there is a tram station nearby and restaurants too (although for food I would recommend venturing further away). The staff is very friendly and well trained and you could spend a lot of time drinking tea with them. Breakfast is served on the top floor so even had a little bit of a view and was delicious. Just ask for a Turkish coffee so you don't have to drink the instant stuff. Our room was small but nice and clean. The mattress was veeery soft which is about the only criticism I have for the place.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The location is the biggest selling point of this property. A mere five minute walk takes you to the Blue Mosque as well as the main street where there are plenty of eating options. The staff (especially Ebru) are extremely helpful and assist with your daily plans as per your preferences. We could not have covered as much as we did in the two days we had had it not been for Ebru's recommendations. They also assisted with the booking of the Bosphorous Cruise and Turkish Hammam with pickup to fit our schedule.

The room is basic and satisfies the minimum requirements for a hotel. The room is small and may appear to be cramped. But given that the hotel is not where one would not be spending the most time, it is not a huge minus.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I stayed here for two nights. It's in a super-touristy part of Istanbul (of course) but the hotel itself is a lovely oasis away from all the bustle. The room was big and clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff were helpful and very easy going. They didn't mind at all if I had friends/visitors come up to my room. The breakfast was really really good!! So good that I over-ate.... !

I only had one problem, which may not actually be the hotel's fault, but I cannot be sure. When I left, they booked a taxi to the airport for me. I have never had problems with taxis in Istanbul before. But this time, the meter "stopped working" about 5 minutes before arriving at the airport. When I got out of the taxi, the driver demanded 75TL - much more than the 55TL it would usually cost. This is a classic hotel/taxi scam so I am obliged to advice anyone not to ask this hotel to book you a taxi. (But to be fair, it could entirely be a scam of the taxi driver, so I cannot definitely assign blame to the hotel.)

Room Tip: ask for one facing out to the street
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a week with my family and i must say that the highest level of hospitality i received here was not expected at all. They literally go extra miles to help you and comfort you in any way possible. My family knows the name of all the emlpoyees working here and I am sure we will remember their name when we come back to this hotel the next time we visit this gem of a hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family