“Amazing service, good location, great price!”

Villa Pera Suite Hotel
Ranked #138 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I can't stress enough how good the experience I had staying at the Villa Pera Suite. My girlfriend and I stayed here for three nights after having spent a few days staying in the Sultanahmet district. The location is a short walk from Taksim square and all of the bars/shopping/sites near there. If you have more than a few people (family or staying with a group of friends) I definately recommend the roof top suite/floor. Can comfortably sleep 4-5 people and space for more than that if you want to get out the sleeping bags.

Although the amenities were great and the location was ideal for seeing Taksim and the surrounding areas, the service was the real gem of this place. Burak greeted us as we arrived and from what I can tell, personally takes care of everyone who comes through the door. Offering his personal cell phone number in case of anything we would need day or night. The rooms were always kept clean, the morning breakfast was filling and the perfect way to start the day and any questions or ideas we had were answered by the thoughtful people who worked there.

Room Tip: The top floor room/suite has a kitchen and sleeping space for 4-5+ people. If you have a family of t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a short 3 days. It is about a 5 min walk from Taksim st. Breakfast is included and there is wifi in the rooms. The hotel it self is very nicely decorated, and what I love the most is how personable the experience was. As the hotel is small, located on a small street and includes 2 buildings. Our room was just as promised with a king bed and it even opened out into a little sun room with books and chairs for reading. The manager was very helpful everyday. He told us of not so touristy restaurants to eat at and also gave us easy directions to get around the city. I highly recommend this hotel and it's staff who are all very nice. Also if you are used to staying in big name hotels like the Hilton, know that it is nothing like that, but better in my opinion as you get a more personalized experience.

Room Tip: We loved the room in the new building on the main floor with the king size bed. It's the only ro...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Izrielle
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I arrived in Istabul on the 1st of Jan for urgent business and got stuck in an expensive hotel in Lalali. Then I found Villa pera online and gave it a chance. We could not find them easily, and the taxi cheated me, but then they received me with a big comforting smile. Mr. Burak at the reception did his best to help me, and everyday it was the same for the next four days I stayed! very friendly and helpful, offers a genuine advice for the city, and I really found myself at home. The hotel is neat and small, no major attractions within, but it is spotless clean with nice design and that was the most important thing for me. So again I felt just home and that was good.
The ladies at the breakfast (dalia) are just great...I loved them!

I am taking my husband next time we are in Istanbul for a Villa pera for sure!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Before I comment on the actual amenities (which were great), I first wanted to say how wonderful the management here is. I have never experienced better service than I did at Villa Pera. I left my phone in a cab on the way to the airport. When I realized my loss, I contacted Burak, the manager of the hotel (who had called the cab for us). Burak called the cab, kept in touch with me, located the phone, and had it brought back to the hotel. He then spent the next TWO WEEKS patiently holding the phone for me, and waiting (and helping) as I coordinated its return. He then packaged the phone for me, and sent it back. Basically, I left my phone in a cab in Istanbul—and am getting it back entirely because of Burak.

Even aside from that, the service at the hotel was phenomenal. They served breakfast every morning, gave great tips and suggestions on what to see and when, lent me an umbrella when it rained...anything you needed, they would provide. And the hotel itself is in a perfect location—a 3 minute walk from Taksim square. It is smaller, but the rooms themselves very spacious. We slept three men comfortably. It was clean, very modern design, and comfortable. Perfect hotel, and even better management. I cannot recommend this place more.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex Y
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Everything was perfect,the service, the room, the breakfast, location... Two small buildings opposite each other (restored old Istanbul houses), very nice furniture. Short walking distance to Taksim square and Istiklal with a lot of bars, cafés... Metro station and nostalgic tram are also near (ca 7min walk). Tram to Sultanahmet (Hagia Sophia, Topkapi palace, Grand Bazar) takes 15min.
Thanks to the very nice owner and the staff, especially Burak.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed in the hotel for 5 nightsand had a very nice time. Staff is all very friendly and the rooms are all clean. We had the rooftop suite that was very spacious but you should beware of your head ;) Perfect WiFi everywhere.
The hotel is very central near Taksim where you`ll find heaps of shops, restaurants, bars, clubs,... it is a small ride to the old town but quite easy to do. For us it was perfect since it was our second stay in Istanbul and we`ve seen all the old town last time (hope nothing changed otherwise we missed out...)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GutEssenSonstNichts
Reviewed 8 January 2014

A very nice hotel centered right next to Taksim Square, very easy to find and very suitable if you're going on vacation. I would have to say that the staff was very friendly and at your service at all time. Clean and cozy, good breakfast .. I would very much recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple