“Top Notch Service, Good Breakfasts, Comfortable Rooms”

Villa Pera Suite Hotel
Ranked #134 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Burak, the hotel manager is one of the best. He was super friendly and helpful; he gave us valuable tips and recommendations for our excursions each day and walked us through how to use the public transportation system. He was also often there at breakfast, making sure that we had what we needed.

Our original room was close to the reception and the breakfast area which we were worried may get noisy. Burak moved us to the upstairs apartment at no extra charge once the room became available. Really good breakfast.

Great, central location near Takism Square.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly Z
There are newer reviews for Villa Pera Suite Hotel

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Fantastic customer service, could not be helpful enough. The staff provided us with more information on Istanbul than you could ever get from a guidebook. They went out of their way to be helpful.
We stayed in the roof top appartment for 3 nights and then the delux suite for one night. Both rooms were incredible. Very spacious and clean. There was a coffee machine with coffee, kitchen and spacious living room. The beds are amazing, very comfortable.
Breakfast is great, good coffee and selection of food.
It's about a 5-10 minute walk to the main street in the new town. I cant recommend this hotel enough. Stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DrKF87
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I arrived Istanbul at 10AM and got the hotel by bus from the airport.
Arriving at 11:15AM in most hotels will make you wait for room clearing
and at best maybe some welcome drink. NOT such case in this place. Burak
the reception guy immediate took me to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast.
Room was ready and BIG. When boiling water at evening to prepare coffee it
was nice to see the next morning a water kettle suddenly waiting for me.
In evening when I wanted to go out again Burak was helping to locate best place
for me and reserved the table in advance.
All business meetings that were looking for the place to pick me up were directed
by the reception at ease.
Internet is very fast.
Rooms are big and can accommodate few people at ease.
Kitchenette is well prepared to help you own use.
The only down side - not easy to find in small quiet road, need to upgrade
little the breakfast.
BEST hotel I stayed in recent years!

Room Tip: There are 2 locations a cross from each other on same small road. The reception is actually in the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DGSmanila
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I arrived in Istanbul exhausted at 6:30AM, and went straight to bed at the Villa Pera Suites hotel. My room was small but impeccably clean, decorated with unique and attractive furniture, fast, reliable Wifi, and a beautiful bathroom with a luxurious rain shower. The proprietor went out of his way to be welcoming, even suggesting a mere fractional night’s charge for that first morning when I arrived and immediately checked in at sunrise. When I awoke, he gave me a cup of tea and spread out a map of the city, taking me through all of the important things I needed to know for my day of walking around. He gave me his mobile number in case of difficulty, and all of his touristic advice was accurate and tasteful.

I have traveled extensively (50 different countries so far!), and I have to say, the hospitality and general sense of well-being I experienced at the Villa Pera Suites hotel was amongst the top five lodging experiences I’ve had. The proprietor and his wife are friendly, hard-working, pleasant, and generous with their time. It is important to understand that this is a small, vertically-oriented townhouse with several rooms and a family feel, not a large hotel with an extensive footprint. It is a charming and comfortable place in which to sleep and have a nice breakfast in a well-lit sunroom. If that is in line with your needs, I think you can do no better anywhere in Istanbul.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Scott F
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This was my second time at Villa Pera, and I stayed for a week in a suite on the second floor. It was luxurious, even including a kitchenette. As pleasant as the environment is, really the best thing about Villa Pera is the staff. Burak is friendly, helpful and always available. You will feel as though you are their only guest. On my last day I had to catch an early flight, and they even fixed breakfast for me at 6:00 a.m. Great place, and I particularly appreciate the peace and quiet. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Villa Pera is fantastic. Proprietor Burak could not be friendlier or more helpful in explaining how to make the most of your visit to Istanbul, with recommendations for activities and dining as well as advice on the metro and getting around town. My girlfriend and I stayed on the top floor suit which was very spacious and clean. Burak made us tea as soon as we arrived and helped make our visit perfect. He even went way above and beyond: I forgot my phone in the room and he was nice enough to mail it to another hotel we were staying at later in our visit to Turkey!

The location is just two blocks from Taksim square so you will be right next to all the action and vibrance of the New District, but within easy traveling distance (either a scenic walk or a very quick metro ride) from the tourist attractions of the Old District to the south. I highly recommend Villa Pera!

Room Tip: The top floor suite is spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon B
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Okay, it's a bit tricky to find, but once you're there...holy moly! The staff is A+. Absolutely the best concierge service I've ever received. Burak made the best recommendations for shopping and restaurants- he anticipated our energy levels, budget and interests and absolutely made our trip. I'd recommend this hotel for his friendliness and knowledge alone.

We stayed in the basement suite, which was small, but honestly had the best bathroom of all the hotels we stayed in in Turkey, no matter what class of hotel. The breakfast was a standard Turkish breakfast and yummy.

If you're taking the havatas to Taksim, I'd honestly recommend taking a taxi to the hotel- it's on a steep hill and if you take the wrong street, it's a long way back up! Once you're there, it's a shot walk to the square and amazing shopping and restaurants.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple